美国赛车pinewood derby赛车什么时候举行

美国“童子军”的盛事——Pinewood&Derby
& 几天前,我还对Pinewood
Derby一窍不通,现在却每天在为此忙个不休,又是打磨又是油漆,快成能工巧匠了,连出门都对各种车的形状观察得很仔细,Pinewood
Derby是什么,原来是美国童子军一年一度的盛事,几乎跟野营一样的有趣,就是用规定的一块松木做成特定规格的赛车的“松木赛车”比赛,每年有上百万的美国童子军参加此项比赛,卷入的家庭更是好几百万,所以每个美国人一提Derby都知道是指什么,而于我们这些外来者第一次听说时却是丈二和尚了。
& 那日,儿子朋友Joe Lan&
的妈妈Angela给我发来热情洋溢激动万分的电子邮件,说她儿子Joe
Lan& 已经完成Pinewood
Derby的shape(车身)了,现在她的厨房都成了作坊,还告诉我Joe Lan 的
Derby只重4.85盎司,说她家里有称和工具,如果需要帮助随时欢迎我们去她家。天哪,像读完天书般地晕糊,单个的字拆开都认识,但合起来不知道她在讲什么,很懊恼,明明知道她语义激动真诚,最后我还是如实交代,说我能感受到她为正在做的事情骄傲和激动,谢谢她的分享和邀请,但实在搞不懂什么是Pinewood
Derby。Angela不愧为Angela,上次野营就得到她的许多关照,我们很投合,第二天一大早,她就打来电话,终于弄明白是怎么一回事,后来到她家观摩,大家见面,讲起此事,她才讲昨晚她丈夫把她笑了好一顿,说她自己一头热的高兴,我这厢却连什么是Derby都不知道,真是滑了一大稽。但Angela就是善解人意,说因为邻居是上海人,所以知道我们不懂的尴尬。在Angela的帮助下,我很快进入角色,知道要做的事情了。原来每个童子军在上次的pack
meeting(大队开会)
后都得到一个盒子(kit),里面有一块木头,要用这块平常的木头作成规定尺寸和重量的赛车,就在下周五(26日)就要进行比赛了,所剩时间不多,还好,Angela家里工具应有尽有,儿子设计好自己想要的赛车的模样,Angela的丈夫Joe帮我们锯出了基本形状(shape),她还提供给我们油漆、砂纸及其他所需的工具,回家后,我就按她指导的步骤每天又砂又刷的,她还时常打来电话与我交流技巧,其实是她传授经验教训,我这边受益无穷。那天去她家正好是达拉斯结冰,所有学校关闭,我们两家还好离得近,我小心翼翼开车去她家取经。昨天,给我的学生家教时提及此事,不想我的学生Wesley得意地拿出他一年级做的Derby,不看不知道,一看吓一跳,怎么敢相信这是用不起眼的一块松木做成的赛车啊,分明就像是买的啊,我这个从来对木匠活或赛车不那么敏感的人,忽然成了鉴赏家似的夸个不停,光是那车身和油漆的光洁度,估计我是怎么也达不到的,听说Wesley因为有个能干的舅舅,并且家里也是各类工具都齐全的,所以才做出这么完美的赛车来,那漆都是喷漆的,难怪光洁得如真车一样。我于是借回来,为儿子做个榜样,还好儿子不嫌自己的车,只是还是对别人的车赞不绝口,本来以为Joe
的车已够完美了,现在才知道为什么Angela还在嫌丈夫没有做得精细,所以她现在每天一早送完孩子上学后就在家中继续打磨油漆,还不断鼓励我要不停打磨,才忽然真正体会到中国的这句“如切如磋,如琢如磨”说的是什么了,虽然我手里拿的是木头而不是璞玉,但那份虔诚倒是很相似的。
几天后的今天还知道了打磨的砂纸也是分等级的,数字越小的越粗糙,用于最初的造型打磨工作,像弧线就是用100格栅(grid)的砂纸砂出的,据Angela讲,她儿子赛车车身的圆形弧线就是她丈夫顶着寒风在室外砂了三个多小时的成果,因为砂木头是很脏(messy)的工作,只好在室外完成了,可见任务之艰巨。所以我们的车身尽可能直线条,只在车头处我砂出了小小的弧线,磨过第一道工序,就是上胶(primer
seal)否则木头会像海绵一样吸进去油漆,上胶水过后要晾一晚,第二天再磨,然后上漆,之后又是打磨,这时用220格栅的砂纸,打磨之后又是上漆,漆了之后又是晾一晚,第二天又打磨,重复这一套工序,直到上到最后一道漆,用最细的砂纸400格栅打磨,这种砂纸是用于高档家具的,这样打磨出来才有光洁度,今天早晨我用了220格栅的砂纸打磨后上漆,看到原来粗糙的木头有些光泽了,心里也有了成就感,想明天就用最细的砂了吧,最好最后再上一道明漆,更增光洁度,看我不厌其烦提及这些工序,实在是因为在劳动中的提高认识和体验,也理解了老美为什么凡事喜欢DIY(Do
Yourself,自己动手做)了。我想这也是童子军的这项活动给不仅童子军也是其家庭成员的最好锻炼了。
昨天偶尔跟朋友的刚来美国没几天的亲戚提及此事,她很不解,问了句“学校里老师不教吗?”哈哈,典型的中国人的问题,是啊,美国学校里老师究竟教些什么呢,感觉“什么”都没有教,只让你做,在做中学吧,就像这个几天前完全还不懂的Derby,现在还不是一样上路了啊,不管做出来究竟是什么样,何况很多活动也是自愿(optional),参加一个项目(project)就多学到许多东西,同时锻炼了自己的能力,这就是美国的教育。老师不逼你做,老师也不教你做,像上次儿子的“树屋出版社”的出书活动,还明文规定老师家长都不能改动学生的作品,哪怕偶尔拼错的字,其目的就是要彻底放手给孩子做。反观我们的教育常常抱得太多,反而低估和束缚了孩子的创造力,若能中西合璧真是再好不过,这里又太随意,弄得反是在比拼父母的能力了。
今天去童子军商店才大开眼界,原来商店专门有一角全是关于Derby的,从基本的一块木头和里面的四颗钉子及四个车轮,到增加重量的底盘(flat
weight),再到用于美观的各类粘贴等一应俱全,甚至还有成品,20多美金一个,或半成品(相信没有谁直接买成品去参赛的,等于是作弊啊,一般老美不会这样欺骗自己的。而半成品也少了过程的刺激和成就感,因为最难的部分就是雕刻车身了,少了这个过程也少了许多挑战和超越自己的乐趣。后来看比赛规则里也有一条是限定赛车必须是今年新做的,不能拿以前的赛车参赛。)距离赛事还有几天,所以很多东西都断货了,看来我是等不了到货,就因陋就简吧,买了些粘贴(漂亮的都被抢光了)和一本专门讲Derby的书,想着今年就这样吧,尽我们的全力,不过好好学习学习,等来年好好再做辆时髦漂亮的吧!商店里备有称和跑道,供家长和孩子免费称重量(因为超过5盎司就不符合参赛规则了,叫disqualify)见好些家长称后没有超重都欣喜若狂,来一声“Yeh”,然后想着再买些什么加在上头;见有位父亲同时拿了两个赛车在跑道那里试了好几次,是想看那辆赛车跑得更快吧,后来禁不住提出想给他的赛车照相,他爽快地同意了。
从商店回来又学到许多知识,读完那本小册子,了解到Pinewood
Derby始于1953年加州曼哈顿海滩的编号为280C(Cub Scout Pack 280C of
Manhattan Beach,
California)的童子军的一项比赛,这项比赛后来刊登在1954年的童子军杂志“男孩生活”(Boy’s
Life)里,杂志提供了比赛计划,包括四个车轮、四颗钉子和三块木头,后来这一童子军的赛事就一直延续至今,成为每年有上百万童子军和几百完家庭参加的盛事,难怪跟老美一提Derby都知道是什么。
& 松木赛车(Pinewood
Derby)比赛的意义除了锻炼孩子的动手能力外,更重要是增进家庭的合作和亲子关系,从小培养美国人最普及的精神——“体育精神”(sportsmanship),可以说这个精神也是美国国民精神的重要组成部分,所谓的体育精神就是指人们的行事方式和在赛前赛中赛后对待他人的方式。每个人所擅长的技能的确不一样,做为一个好人或一项好的体育比赛,其终极目的不在你的技能有多么的好,或比赛最终的输赢,参赛的孩子和家庭永远是第一位,赛车究竟跑得有多快是其次,这有些类似我们的“友谊第一,比赛第二”吧,永远把人,把个体放在首位就是美国式的思维。而体育精神展现的正是尊重每个参赛者,甚至包括尊重你自己。而体育精神的另一要义就是规则了,“不以规矩,不成方圆”,
松木赛车(Pinewood
Derby)比赛也有相应的比赛规则,如重量不超过5盎司,长度不超过7英寸,宽度不超过2英寸3/4,并且还有指定产品等,不得自己安装任何动力或弹簧设施,只能凭赛车的自身的重力比赛,所以比赛是在公平的原则基础上的。体育精神还有就是全民参与了,像松木赛车比赛,就要求家长能积极参与志愿者的服务中,昨晚,我们的小队领队Eric发来电子邮件征求志愿者,我报名了,虽然我对此没有任何经验,就在无知中学习吧,最欣赏的就是美国人的坦诚,其实我们都无须做穿着新装的皇帝,坦诚带给你广阔的空间,坦诚让你卸下虚伪的重负,从此轻松获取更多知识、乐趣和友情。
下周五,松木赛车(Pinewood
Derby)就开始了,也跟儿子一样地激动了,明天起来还得再打磨油漆,争取早日光洁一点,好叫儿子做上装饰,再加上轮子,今早Angela说已迫不及待想看我儿子的赛车了,像相互的鼓励和催促,不管我们的赛车怎样的简陋,它在儿子眼里都是最棒的,这就够了,重要的是参与,不是么?
& Pinewood Derby is coming, are you ready?
现在终于知道当初Angela在激动什么了!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&& 日3:05分
相关文章:
《野营过后——除了回忆没有垃圾》
《野营——制造无价的回忆》
《野营归来(一)——荒诞源于一封丢失的电子邮件(
E-Mail)》(下篇)
《野营归来(一)——荒诞源于一封丢失的电子邮件(
E-Mail)》(上篇)
《10月26日,“树屋出版社”的作品发布会》
以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。1. 新增扫二维码功能,可直接扫 VeryCD 网站影片页面的二维码,便能在应用上打开;
2. 新增支持 B 站视频(哔哩哔哩),满屏的弹幕更欢乐;
1. 新增支持 B 站视频(哔哩哔哩),满屏的弹幕更欢乐;
2. 在影片封面上展示在线视频的清晰度;
您的位置:
地区:&美国 发行时间:&2007年
转自sharevirus 开发:Sky River Studio 发行:1C / Micro Application 容量:1DVD 语种:英文 平台:PC 类型:Action / Adventure 网址:http://int....
收藏人数: 46
制作发行:&
收藏资源后,一旦有新更新(字幕、文件)我们
将会用站内消息和电子邮件通知你。
收藏资源后,一旦有新更新(字幕、文件)我们
将会用站内消息和电子邮件通知你。
该内容尚未提供权利证明,无法提供下载。
中文名称:&松木车大赛英文名称:&Pinewood Derby资源格式:&光盘镜像制作发行:&地区:&简介:&
常驻服务器 华语P2P源动力中文名称:松木车大赛英文名称:Pinewood Derby制作发行:Elephant Entertainment游戏类型:Simulation & Driving讨论专区: 引用第一次启动游戏需要输入 NAME 和 KEYNAME随便填写KEY为:00002T-K61NNX-8060WA-ATER2B-91GWK2-3ZKFDR首先挑选一款适合的松木,在上面安装各种汽车零部件,并为它打磨、上漆、抛光。这种车没有动力,完全依靠从斜坡下落的自由加速度,以及车手的操控能力。别忘了比赛之前仔细调试赛车,比如润滑和降低风阻的措施。代码 ?&&&&?&&&& ?&&&& ?&&&& ?&&&&&&?&&&& ?&&&&&&&&?&& ?&&&&&&&&?&&&& ?&&&&?&&&& ?&&? ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄&& ▄▄&&&&▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ?&&▄▄▄&&?&&▄▄▄&&&&▄▄&&? ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄&&? ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄??▓████████ ??▓█&&??▓██████████&&??▓██&& █████&&??▓█&&??▓█████████&&??▓█████████???▓███████ ???▓&&???▓█████████&&???▓█&&?█████&&???▓&&???▓████████&&???▓████████▓???▓██████ ▓??? ?▓???▓████████&&▓???▓&& █████? ▓??? ?▓???▓███████ ?▓???▓████████▓???▓█████ █▓??&&█▓???▓███████? █▓??? ? █████&&█▓??&&█▓???▓██████&&█▓???▓██████ ?????▓█??&& ??&& ██▓??&& █████&&██▓??&& █████?&&??&& ██▓?????????&&██▓??&&█████ ? ▓???▓&&&&??▓█ ?███▓?&&?█████&&███▓?&& █████&&??▓█? ███▓?&&&&&&&& ███▓?&&▓████?&&█▓???&&? ???▓&&████▓&& ▓████&&████▓???▓████&&???▓&&████▓???▓██▄ ?████▓&&?▓███&& ██▓??&&&&▓???&&█████ ? ?▓███&& ????????▓███&&▓???&& ????????▓██&&█████? ??▓██?&&███▓?&&? █▓??? █████&& ??▓██ ?&& ?&&&&??▓██&&█▓?? ?&&? ?&&???▓█&&█████&&???▓█ ??████▓ ?? ██▓?&&█████&& ???▓█&&▄██████▓???▓█&&██▓?&&▄██████▓???▓ ?███████▓???▓&& █████&&&&███▓&&█████ ? ▓???▓&&████████▓???▓&&███▓&&████████▓???&&████████▓??? ? █████ ?&&████&&█████&& █▓??? ?█████████▓???&&████&&█████████▓??? █████████▓??&& █████&&&&████&&█████&& ██▓??&&██████████▓??&&████&&██████████▓?&&██████████▓? ?&&???&&&&&&??&&&&???&&&& ???&&&&??????????? ?&&?? ?&&??????????&&&&??????????&& ?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&?&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ?&& ?&&&&&& ?&&&&&&&&&&?&&&&&&&&&&?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ?&&&&&&?&&&& ?&&&&&&&&?&&&&&&-=- Proudly Presents -=-&&&&&&?&&&&&&&& ?&&&&&&&&&&?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Pinewood Derby (c) Elephant Entertainment▄███▓???▓█████████▓???▓██████████▓???▓█████████▓???▓████████▓???▓███████▓???▓██▄█████▓???▓█████████▓???▓██████████▓???▓█████████▓???▓████████▓???▓███████▓???▓██?█████▓???▓█████████▓???▓██████████▓???▓█████████▓???▓████████▓???▓███████▓????&& Release On&& : 24 September 2008&&&&&&&&&& Disk Amount/Format : 1 CD ISO&& Type of Game : Simulation & Driving&&&&&&&&Media Protection&& : Serial▄███▓???▓█████████▓???▓██████████▓???▓█████████▓???▓████████▓???▓███████▓???▓██▄█████▓???▓█████████▓???▓██████████▓???▓█████████▓???▓████████▓???▓███████▓???▓██?█████▓???▓█████████▓???▓██████████▓???▓█████████▓???▓████████▓???▓███████▓????&& Release Information:&& Inside a block of wood, a championship race car hides, and it's up to you&& to set it free. By carefully sanding, painting and polishing, you'll craft&& a stunning race car that is certain to take the track by storm. Prepare to&& engage in edge-of-your-seat racing action as you harness the power of&& gravity to barrel toward the finish line. Will your handcrafted car have&& what it takes to speed past the competition?&& The classic pastime comes to life on your PC with Pinewood Derby. Whether&& you're reliving the races of your youth or experiencing the popular&& activity for the first time, Pinewood Derby delivers fun on multiple&& levels by combining the precision of car design with the excitement of&& racing. Turn your racing car into a finely honed machine by sanding,&& painting, polishing and adding weights, decals and custom components all&& designed to make it look good and move quickly. Then set it loose on the&& track and watch as your modifications help it zoom past the cars of your&& computerized opponents, earning you the title of Pinewood Derby champion.&& Create your own custom-designed 3D Pinewood Derby racing car&& Enhance your car's looks and speed by sanding, painting, polishing and&& adding decals, weight, lube and custom components&& Put your engineering skills to the test by experimenting with friction&& and gravity variables to make your car move faster&& Race against 25 different computer opponents to see who has the fastest&& car on the track&& Trade customized cars with your friends to try your luck with different&& vehicles&& Relive your moments of glory in the photo and movie gallery, where you&& can watch your best races&& Follows the rules and guidelines of Cub Scouting Pinewood Derby▄███▓???▓█████████▓???▓██████████▓???▓█████████▓???▓████████▓???▓███████▓???▓██▄█████▓???▓█████████▓???▓██████████▓???▓█████████▓???▓████████▓???▓███████▓???▓██?█████▓???▓█████████▓???▓██████████▓???▓█████████▓???▓████████▓???▓███████▓????&& Burn/mount, install, use serial, then play&& Serial: 00002T-K61NNX-8060WA-ATER2B-91GWK2-3ZKFDR , enter any name u like&& Greetz: LARGEiSO and MEDIUMiSO▄███▓???▓█████████▓???▓██████████▓???▓█████████▓???▓████████▓???▓███████▓???▓██▄█████▓???▓█████████▓???▓██████████▓???▓█████████▓???▓████████▓???▓███████▓???▓██?█████▓???▓█████████▓???▓██████████▓???▓█████████▓???▓████████▓???▓███████▓????&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& (C) E/dfs&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&" SIZE DOES NOT MATTER! "
正在读取……
这里是其它用户补充的资源():
暂无补充资源
使用 BBCODE()
类似“顶”、“沙发”之类没有营养的文字,对勤劳贡献的楼主来说是令人沮丧的反馈信息。
提问之前请再仔细看一遍楼主的说明,或许是您遗漏了。
勿催片。请相信驴友们对分享是富有激情的,如果确有更新版本,您一定能搜索到。
请勿到处挖坑绊人、招贴广告。既占空间让人厌烦,又没人会搭理,于人于己都无利。
如果您发现自己的评论不见了,请参考以上4条。
刚收藏了本资源的用户
他们也收藏了
上海隐志网络科技有限公司
打个分吧:
留点口水(可选):&Pinewood Derby Car Design TipsThe Pinewood Derby has been drawing Cub Scouts together for a day of competition since 1953.
The noble goal of the derby is to foster a stronger relationship between the Cub Scout and his parent by working together to create a personalized, custom, one-of-a-kind car from a basic BSA kit.
It is hoped that a scout feels pride in his work, enjoys the competition of racing against other scouts, and demonstrates good sportsmanship whether he wins or not.
Pinewood TruthsI've been through 6 years of Pinewood Derbies with my sons.
The first year was a rude awakening to the reality of Pinewood Derbies.
These are the few truths I discovered:Some dads do all the building of the car and the scout carries the trophy home.
There is no way to prevent this.Some cars are purchased ready to race rather than built.
There is no way to prevent this.Some fathers will teach their sons that cheating is ok.Most scouts prefer to roll their cars around on the gym floor after the race rather than care about who won.After the first derby, I sat down with my sons and we talked about the various levels of craftmanship and speed we had seen.
They decided that next year they would try to win the Most Creative award instead of the Fastest Car because the scouts all voted on the Most Creative.
They recognized that some scouts did very little work on their car because the scouts told them.
They also didn't care about not being fastest.
They were already talking about cool designs for next year and asking me if I would do the sawing again - that's all I ever did on their cars.
Every year, I also made my own car on which I could demonstrate my creative abilities.I believe the Pinewood Derby is a wonderful opportunity for a son and parent to have a great time working with wood, learning about friction and gravity, being creative, and just having an excellent time together.
As long as the parent emphasizes that they are participating together and does not take over the project, the derby is great.
I think the team needs to set a few goals and guidelines before the derby car kit is even opened:Enjoy the process and the event, win or loseDo our best within the rulesHope for the bestCongratulate the restWhile my scouts were not too concerned about speed, I was very interested.
Some of those cars just flew down the track and I wanted to know how.
After hours of research, I learned all the tricks for a fast car and I learned the Pinewood Derby is Big Business with a myriad selection of tools, templates, plans, and designs for a dad to purchase in an effort to help his scout bring home a trophy.
I decided to try some of the free speed tricks myself - I won the pack's adult competition.
The following tips tell you the most important pinewood derby car design concepts.
Doing just the first few will make a huge impact on your performance.Pinewood Derby Car Design TipsThese tips are in order of the most important first.
If you have wheels as smooth as glass on axles that are misaligned, it will do no good.Heavier is Faster - Pinewood derby cars are gravity driven.
Make your car as close to the 5 ounce weight limit as possible.
When the car reaches the flat end part of the track, its extra weight means more momentum to continue moving fast.Axle Alignment - Absolutely straight, perpendicular axles mean a straight-running car with no drift.
Every time your car drifts to the side and touches the lane boundaries, it slows down.
The predrilled axle holes may not be true and straight.Graphite Lubricant - dry graphite where the wheels and axles meet reduces friction and results in longer, faster runs.Longer is Faster - if your rules allow you to move the axle locations, move the front and back axles as far apart as possible.
The longer wheelbase results in less car wobble.Weight in Back - by moving weight towards the rear of the car, it moves further up the track at the starting point.
That means it falls further and propels the car longer.
If the weight is too far back, the front of the car will wobble so finding the best location takes trials.Polish Axles - the standard axles have imperfections that will increase friction with the wheels.
Grinding the ridges off and polishing reduces friction.Smooth Wheels - The standard wheels have ridges and bumps.
Sand and smooth them to reduce friction.These are all modifications scouts with adult help can make on their standard kit.
There are also many different tools available to help with the more advanced tasks such as polishing axles.
And, it's even possible to just purchase pre-polished axles and wheels.Design ModificationsIn a bid to make superfast cars, some folks have modified the design in ways that are often outside the rulebook.
These modifications also tend to be outside the skill level of a cub scout.
I don't recommend doing these unless you have an unlimited category for adults.Thin Wheels - shave down the wheel width so they look like bicycle tires.
This causes a very thin track contact point for less friction.
It also has less mass in the wheels meaning less inertia and less energy to get the wheels spinning at the start.Wheel Grinding - the cap on the axle touches the plastic wheel across its surface.
This means for friction to slow down the wheel.
Grind away the outter side of the wheel so a thin circle around the axle hole is higher than the surrounding wheel.
This causes the wheel to touch the axle cap close to the center where there is less energy wasted.Hub Caps - similar to the Wheel Grinding, but better.
Make a round paper hub cap to glue onto the wheel after final assembly of the wheels and axles.
When the wheel moves towards the car body, the hub cap contacts with the axle cap before the wheel can touch the car body.
The spinning wheel and hub cap just touch in the very center of the axle cap resulting in minimal friction.
Even better if you put a bit of graphite in the hubcap before final glue-down.Raised Wheels - position the axles and balance the car so that one of the front wheels does not touch the track.
Three wheels mean less friction.
Just make sure the car runs straight on the three wheels.
I've also heard of cars being balanced on opposite front and rear wheels with the other front and rear wheels only occasionally touching the track in an effort to further reduce friction.Suspension - It is possible to cut your pinewood block in a long zig-zag manner so that the entire piece of wood acts as a suspension.
This absorbs more bumps and keeps the mass moving evenly down the track, resulting in less lost energy. Track Bumpers - Running down the track, a car will eventually touch the raised center of its lane.
This raised center keeps the car in the lane but most cars will touch it with their rotating wheels which slows down the wheels.
At the front and rear of the car, add four small brad nails under the car body way out by the sides.
These will touch the center rail before the wheels, reducing the friction to the wheel rotation.
Another enhancement is to place a smooth bead on the brad nail so it touches the center rail and spins easily, reducing friction a bit more.For many Pinewood Resources, check out .
Comments:&Feb 20, 2012 - Branden GriffinI'm seven and my grandpa is helping me.Feb 25, 2012 - Suzy LentchnerSome of the suggestions on this page, such as shaving the wheels & using a paper &bushing& are against BSA race rules, and the cars would be disqualified before the race begins.Feb 25, 2012 - Scouter PaulSuzy - that's correct, and that's why it says &I don't recommend doing these unless you have an unlimited category for adults& in the Design Modifications section above.Feb 29, 2012 - Vicki PodzemnyThank-you for the tips. Hopefully my son has a chase now. No one told him to put weights on his car. Just said not to go over 5oz.Nov 18, 2012 - GaryMy son is a Tiger scout and this is our first pinewood derby. Are there any good sites or areas on the web to go to for design ideas or suggestions? I am trying to find ideas or help to get started. We just received our kit and have about 2 months to get it together. I am glad to have some time to work on this.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.Nov 18, 2012 - Scouter PaulGary - There's a link right above that lists a lot of sites to check out. &There are now many performance products available at your local scout shop or at scoutstuff.org also.Dec 02, 2012 - JudyWow that is so cool. My son did an experiment and actually he came up with the conclusion that if you put the weight in the front the car will go faster. I think that a lot of scouts put their weight in front the last time I went to the Pinewood Derby Race. They also made the front of the car pointy and put lots of weight on their car. My son didn't win but he didn't know much about all these tips :) Thanks, Boy Scout Trail. I'll be sure to share this with my son. Hopefully he'll win this time! ;)Dec 27, 2012 - JoyceScouter Paul, Thank you so much for starting your article with the reminder that Pinewood Derby is for our boys not for the adults. If you want to win make a car for yourself. &Letting your son do the majority of the work sends the message you have confidence in their ablilities and imagination. &We did six derby's with my older son and we are in our second year with our youngest. The pride they displayed when it was finished was worth more than any trophy or certificate. &Also thanks for the tips.Jan 11, 2013 - 2Girls4SpeedThanks I love the tips. I have two girls, and this year the church is allowing the girls to build cars too. They are definitely interested in the look of the car way more than its speed. As a dad, I do hope a girl beats all those boys though. &:)Jan 12, 2013 - Scouter Paul2Girls - I hope the girls race in a 'siblings' category rather than against the Cub Scouts. &That would be the appropriate way to allow them to race. &Some Packs also have a 'Parents' or 'Unlimited' category for those that really want to race, but still keep it fun for the Scouts to race against each other.Feb 06, 2013 - MichaelOur pack gives every cubscout 2 kits, 1 for them and 1 for their adult partner. We also have classes on a couple of Saturdays to help get evrybody up to speed. I'm proud of our boys and their cars. We have some very close races.Feb 06, 2013 - Scouter PaulMichael - That sounds like a great way to encourage an 'adult' car and race separate from the Cubs race. &There are soooo many accessories, tools, and gadgets available at the Scout Shop for Pinewood racers, a class is probably very helpful.Feb 07, 2013 - Twilalowes and dremmel tools also hold pinewood derby work shops
in January and Febuary.they have a lot of good tips and show the kids how to use tools to more work on their on.Jan 02, 2014 - BriceSo where is the line drawn between it being a boys car that a dad helped with and a car that a dad made? My boy made the design, drew it on, suggested modifications and painted it. &I have done all the cutting and detail. I know it can't be avoided but if we won I am sure others would think my boy had not made it. Fair enough. Just would like to know what others view as acceptable.
CheersJan 02, 2014 - Scouter Paul@Brice - There is no line. &It's a very wide smudge, interpreted differently by everyone. &My view is that an adult should do the work that could be dangerous to the scout, such as bandsaw, power sander, and the like.
The scout can do everything else. &Getting the axles in straight is one area where an adult's help would make a big difference.Jan 28, 2014 - Cubmaster PaulFor free body design templates, check out this website: &www.stanpope.net/NitroDan/NitroDansTemplatesInstructions.htm
Lots of designs to choose from.
Thanks to Dan Kipp who posted this information on the new Best Practices Portal on the BSA website - bestpracticesportal.scouting.org/Lists/Best%20Practice%20Entry/BestPracticeEntry.aspx?ID=330 Feb 01, 2014 - Brian@ Brice, a 7-10 year old boy will not have the know how to build a car. The most important part is to spend time together, teach techniques in building the car, and let them do everything they are capable of doing. All boys are different and require different amount of help. Feb 14, 2014 - Robert WellsAs a grandfather new to this grand prix, I would like to see a picture of a typical car. Also not everyone has a & scale accurate enough to measure 5 ounces. Is there a convenient equivalent in so many nickels, dimes or whatever?
RWFeb 14, 2014 - Robert@Robert Wells, &most post offices will weigh your car with their scales free of charge. &Just don't try to do it during their busy time. &Also be prepared to make minor adjustments at the derby weigh in if there is a small difference in scale accuracy.Mar 01, 2014 - PaulIm building my first derby car with my son and trying to remember all my Dad's tricks, he helped my brothers and me build two 1st place cars and one 2nd place car. The most important thing though is involving my son and teaching him sportsmanship and fairness. I remember sanding my cars, polishing wheels and axles and helping with painting. Axles were totally Dad's domain since they were so critical to the cars running well. &One tip I will share, he would incorporate a small box in the design and buy 1/2, 1/4 and 1/8 oz crimp on type fishing weights. &This allowed quick adjustments if the judges scales read differently from our scales...we could quickly and easily add or remove weight and keep the car at 5 oz. &Have fun with your sons and daughters and teach em good scout values!!!Mar 02, 2014 - Angry DadMy son loves the derby and doesn't even try to build a car to win. &He just loves cutting and painting the car. &This year it is part painted and part drawn. &Personally it's a little embarrassing BUT he is proud of his unique creation and that is what the derby is all about (in my opinion). &Have races for the parents if they want a &professional& looking car but let the boys just have fun with it.
Mar 04, 2014 - BeckyIn our rules it says not to use washers and stuff, as weights, and then to read online to use quarters to help weight the cars. Aren't they about the same. What do you suggest to use as weights, that would &be laying around the house? And do you think front or back to place weights for speed?Mar 04, 2014 - Scouter Paul@Becky - Fishing "pencil weights" are small, easy to cut, and cheap. &Or, the BSA has tons of Pinewood accessories available, including official sets of weights. &See all of it at:
If you read the content above, you'll see information about weight placement. &Back is better for speed, but may affect holding the line down the track.
Mar 04, 2014 - Timas to weight placement, if you run om a long track place your weights toward the back, 1/3rd past the back axle 2/3 in front of the axle.I drill in from the bottom and put them as high up as possible or use the dome weight from the store. If you have a short track move the weight forward toward the center. weight in back pushes the car at bottom ,weight in center goes faster down slop. We race on 2 tracks one long one short and I move weights for each race. Jan 13, 2015 - DavidOur pack has an &akela& category. &The idea is to prevent parents from taking over the cubs' cars. We also allow siblings - they race with the dens of their age. I make a very intricate car every year - slow but fun. For good or bad, my kids follow that example, and design beyond their own ability, but each year they can handle more and more of their own build.Apr 27, 2015 - JoeBe sure of the rules for YOUR Pack to avoid disappointment on race day. Rules can vary from Pack to Pack so be sure to check and to have a printed copy of those rules.Mar 06, 2016 - Chad BWe are having our first derby this year. Our Den leader gave us the kit and said the den rules are we can only use what's in the box so weights are out of the equation. We were thinking of just rounding the front/back of the block to save weight and keep it aerodynamic. Would trying to keep most weight to the rear (potential energy) by having the axles closer to the front make sense?Mar 07, 2016 - Scouter Paul@Chad - That is a silly rule that your den leader has added. &
The scouts can't even paint their cars? &Is everyone in your
Pack and your District following the same rules? &If not, then
whoever wins your den race stands no chance at all in future
races.Moving the axles wouldn't make much difference, probably
cause more steering problems. &Aerodynamics of a block of wood
versus a slightly rounded block of wood is miniscule. &Trying to
keep as much weight on as possible would help. &But, really,
it's a dumb rule to add to the process because everyone else
uses the 5 ounce rule. &Some wood blocks will weigh less than
others, so your den's rule is unfair.
& - & This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
&Follow Me, Boys
Recent CommentsSanma on sc on Sherri on Kristen D on Scouter Paul on Mary on Mark Wood on Martin Kwapinski on David Kocmoud on David on Sell Fire.Make Money.Click Here}

我要回帖

更多关于 美国赛车电影 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信