Buy Neon Chrome
Buy 10tons Shooters
Includes 3 items:
Buy 10tons Total
Includes 6 items:
Downloadable Content For This Game
Recent updates
30 September
Check out our latest game: Xenoraid - you get to build your own fleet of four starfighters and then save the humanity with them! You'll be certain to experience pure unfiltered shoot'em up joy in this game!
2 September
We're happy to announce that Linux version has entered the beta phase among with some balancing changes.
We wanted to make it available as early as possible to get feedback quickly. You may encounter bugs. Please post any bugs or feedback here:
Important: You need to opt-in for the beta branch to play this update and access the Linux version.
Linux build is available
- very early, with minimal testing
The last phase of spiderbot was made a bit easier.
The movement is now a bit less &floaty& and more precice - let us know what you think!
The player is taken into the hub after the first tutorial level where player dies. The level stats did not make much sense after this tutorial level.
Third phase of Centipede was balanced a bit: the missiles will die sooner making the maneuvering task more manageable and enjoyable
Airship texture is bigger to make it clearer
Hovertank battle turrets are more useful
You need to destroy a bit less powercells in some warehouse and hospital levels.
Hovertank main gun made more dodgeable to allow more different playstyles in addition to using the boxes as cover.
OS X version is also in the beta branch but currently the performance is way too low to call it playable. You can try it, but don't expect to play it.
“Countless ways to hurdle over countless levels leads to countless hours of entertainment.”
9/10 –
“I can wholeheartedly recommend Neon Chrome to anyone who might be interested in giving it a try. It is, quite simply, a great game.”
9/10 –
“Neon Chrome is an amazing game with a shine to it that screams endless fun.”
9/10 –
About This Game
Neon Chrome is a ruthless twin-stick top-down shooter with procedurally generated levels and destructible environment.
Completely destructible environment
Persistent character development using loot from your runs
Enemies ranging from security guards to massive boss hover tanks
Perk system in the form of cybernetic enhancements
Procedurally generated levels - endless replayability
Over a dozen weapons
Discover & unlock enhancements, abilities and weapons
Experiment with level editor & mods
Neon Chrome was created by 10tons - the company behind the cult hit game Crimsonland.
Use your looted credits to permanently improve your stats like health, luck and damage. Your character also improves with guns and cybernetics during a run. Visit your nearest upgrade station and select from a choice of over four dozen enhancements. The enhancements range from health and protection improvements to defense and assault systems - and far beyond.
After each death the game will generate a completely new path always ending in a final showdown. The Overseer controlling everything trusts his obedient minions to end your journey before you reach him. Your path will be a mix of randomly generated futuristic environments and hand crafted challenges.
Before each run you choose one of three randomized &assets&. The asset is a unique combination of role, weapon, and ability. Each one a bit different - everyone as good as dead. They will have all your permanent stat improvements in addition to their original qualities. The sneaky assassin with mines or the robust corp soldier with incendiary grenades? The choice is up to you.
Almost everything in Neon Chrome can be destroyed with weapons or cybernetic abilities. You’ll shoot through walls, make rooms explode, and obliterate whole floors while blasting your way through the building.
Overcome the latest killing solutions ranging from armed security to lethal assault drones and cyborgs. The building hosts a small army and even devastating military robots. To make your way to the top you also need to overcome handcrafted combat and puzzle challenges.
If your friends would like to help you bringing down the Overseer Neon Chrome supports 2-4 players in shared screen local co-op!
Armed with your skills, weapons, and cybernetic abilities you’ll have a fighting chance of stopping the Overseer. Go on, venture into the Neon Chrome and remember: Death is always a new procedurally generated beginning.
System Requirements
SteamOS + Linux
Minimum:
Processor: 2 Ghz
Memory: 2048 MB RAM
Graphics: SM 3.0+
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 200 MB available space
Minimum:
Storage: 200 MB available space
Minimum:
Storage: 500 MB available space
More like this
Very Positive
(132 reviews)
Review Type
Positive&(169)
Negative&(8)
Purchase Type
Steam Purchasers&(132)
Key Activations&(45)
All Languages&(177)
Your Languages&(146)
Display As:
Most Helpful
110 reviews match the filters above
( Very Positive)
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Best 15$ I've spent in years. What seemed to be a simple arcade turned out to have insane replayability and tactical depth.I wish these developers had a big budget to make an ARPG in this exact cyberpunk universe, but with tons of loot, armor, quests e.t.c. - you know, Diablo style. That would be the best game in the whole world.But don't get me wrong - Neon Chrome is just fine on it's own. 11/10 would sleep for just 4 hours before work again!
Was this review helpful?
I've got a soft spot for cyberpunk, and more for roguelikes, and Neon Chrome does a great job of hitting the sweet spot between the two. It's an enjoyably difficult top-down shooter with some rogue-like elements and enough variety to keep coming back.The graphics are solid, no difficulty in spotting enemies, (though to be fair, if it's moving and it isn't you, it's an enemy).
Plenty of neon-drenched plastic and chrome to fit the setting, and it all runs quite smoothly on an older laptop.Gameplay, again, is very solid.
I haven't tried a gamepad yet, but the keyboard/mouse controls are smooth and responsive, although I did end up rebinding the reload key for easier access.
While there's permadeth, you can earn persistent upgrades (health, damage, etc) and each run gives you a choice between multiple &classes&, each with different perks.
There's a decent variety of weapons with more than enough differences to make them have some impact on play.In terms of replayability, this works well as a coffee break game or for an hour or so of blowing stuff up.
The persistent upgrades help push the &just one more run& feel, but it's shallow enough that you can jump right back in even if you haven't played for awhile.Definitely a recommended game for good, old-fashioned mindless arcade type fun.
Was this review helpful?
A Twin Stick Shooter and Cyberpunk lover's dream with absolutely fantastic music.
Was this review helpful?
Superb Top down twin-stick shooter that requires tactics, extreme violence and aviator shades. Great music, great aesthetic,
great game!
Was this review helpful?
Great rougelike shooter.
Was this review helpful?
Be sure to check online videos to see what this game has to offer, but if you like even a little bit, what you see, than you should definitely get this game!It is a top-down shooter with clever mechanics and CONSTANT PROGRESSION! For me, it is the most important quality. Whatever you do, even if you manage to survive only a few levels, you will have the chance to upgrade your skills.The upgrades to your character on every run also add spice to the story.The gameplay is not reflex-based, more tactical, it is about knowing your enemies and types of weapons and secondary weapons. The bosses are also become less and less difficulty as your character improves, but they still stay challenging.It is also good either for short bursts or for longer sessions.The levels are procedurally generated, and that keeps the replayability basically endless. They are not too small (like in Forced: Showdown), not too large either, so there is enough place for tactical movement.In overall: it is a great game for casual gamers, who would like to see their efforts not in vain (I look at you: roguelikes with lose-everything permadeath), also has a nice soundtrack and atmosphere.
Was this review helpful?
A fun twin stick shooter with very tight controls. You progresive unlocks which include augmentations, secondary and primary weapons. When you have unlocked everything, you still get them randomly through the levels. The game is just great. Well worth the money.
Was this review helpful?
This game is a blast!
It feels like Smash TV in something like a Shadowrun futuristic dystopia, with cybernetic implants, 'hackers' and 'techies'.
The variety of weapons is nice, and I can trade off accuracy for damage depending on my mood.I needed a shoot 'em up like Smash TV, and this is a responsive dual-stick shooter with destoyable walls, which adds a dimension to the tactics.
The great game element that I've not seen in this style of game before is that whenever you die, you get money to buy upgrades, so you do not get stuck without enough power-ups to beat the next boss.
Similar to RPG's, you can just grind and power-up, then try again!You discover new weapons and upgrades as you delve higher into the tower, and similar to some of my favorite rogue-likes, you then have the option to buy your initial load-out for your next attempt through the levels.
There are also checkpoints so you can skip the easy levels once they no longer provide you with enough benefit for the time you would spend there.This is very well thought out and solid game for the price, and if you are interested based on the above, then I strongly recommend this game!
Was this review helpful?
2 people found this review funny
That Overseer guy seems like a bit of a jerk. We should do something about that. Neon Chrome is a cyberpunk, top-down shooter from the developer of Crimsonland, 10tons. In Neon Chrome you play as assets, used by a strange character (who you also play as, sort of) in order to try and take down the mysterious Overseer. The Overseer has full control over Neon Chrome’s human and robotic guards and he’s more than happy to use brutal force to stop anyone in his way. That includes you by the way. As you battle through thirty-one levels, taking place over six levels of the building, you’ll face increasingly difficult enemies and even a few mini-bosses and bosses. It won’t be easy but you’re not exactly in short supply of assets, you’ll get there eventually.Full Disclosure: A review copy was provided by the developer.Before every run you can move around a level of Neon Chrome which is halfway between an apartment and a human storage complex. I’m not sure how to label the character but they have a strange chair/headset device that they use to control the assets, the assets are who you mainly play as. In this stage of the game you can also buy upgrades (such as improved health or damage) as well as purchase weapons, abilities and cybernetic enhancements that your next asset will use when you use them. In this area you can also track your stats, such as how many assets you’ve used, as well as see what achievements you’ve unlocked and what rewards they have earned you.The assets themselves vary a fair bit, the main variation coming from what class they are. There are a few different classes in the game, ranging from Assassin (my personal favourite) to Cyber Psycho, each with their own class-specific ability. The Assassin’s ability, for example, is that they become completely invisible when they are standing or moving around in shadows while the Cyber Psycho has +20% Hit Points and +2 Enhancement slots. Each class also has its own stats, i.e. health, energy (used for the asset’s other ability), speed, damage and critical hit chance. The classes are very different to each other and require slightly to drastically different strategies to be successful with them, adding a nice level of depth to the game.The assets also have a weapon, a non-class-specific ability and a name (well duh). The weapon can be any of the weapons you have unlocked (more can be unlocked by finding special box-type things in the levels, which also applies to enhancements and the second kind of abilities.) You can also unlock the same weapon but with a different projectile, for example you can have a regular shotgun as well as an Ion Shotgun or a Plasma Shotgun. The second type of ability is effectively a secondary attack, this could be lock-on missiles or blast grenades, there are quite a few to unlock. These abilities require energy which is collected from loot boxes. Each ability can be used a certain number of times before you run out and need more energy, for example you can use your grenades three times. Enhancements can be equipped from a CyberHance Express station (found on most levels). You have a certain amount of slots for these enhancements (upgradeable) so if you run out of slots you’ll have to choose one to replace with the new enhancement. There’s a wide variety of enhancements available from the basic stuff that increases health or speed to enhancements that cause your bullets to split and cause 30% more damage.As I said earlier, Neon Chrome consists of thirty-one levels across six floors. When you reach a new floor (the level after a boss fight) you can then start from that new floor and skip the levels leading up to that. It’s a great way to help you progress through the game though it does mean you miss out on all the loot from the previous floors when starting from that floor which is a problem seeing as there’s a spike in difficulty from one floor to the next. There is of course a difference in difficulty between the levels too but it’s more noticeable when you reach a new floor. For the most part, you just have to reach the green (or purple for a special level) elevator at the end of the level to go to the next one but some levels will have objectives for you to complete first, e.g. destroy five specific targets. The levels are also randomly generated (apart from the boss fight levels) so you’ll never see the same run twice.An increase in difficulty doesn’t just mean more enemies though, it means harder enemies and new kinds of enemies. From what I’ve played, enemies don’t get phased out, they just get phased in meaning you’ll be introduced to new enemy types every few levels. You’ll also face off against ‘special’ enemies. These consist of normal enemies with some kind of buff/special ability, for example an enemy marked as SWIFT as a much higher movement speed than a regular enemy. Some levels have a mini-boss, again this is a variation of a regular enemy with a special ability and in this case better stats too and at the end of every floor you come across a full boss. The boss fights are incredibly challenging, it took me several attempts to get through the first one for example. Thankfully (if you’ve collected a lot of loot) you’ll be able to buy new upgrades which will help you next time you take on the boss. Furthermore, once you beat the Overseer you reach a new OS level which significantly increases the difficulty across all levels. As far as I’m aware there’s no limit on OS levels but it does take a lot longer to get through them anyway.So, let’s talk about loot. There’s quite a lot of it. Most of what you’ll find are small boxes which, when opened, will net you a couple of hundred bucks and a little bit of energy, you generally find one or two in each room when playing. Then you’ve got slightly bigger boxes in which you’ll find more money and energy as well as (sometimes) health kits and even weapons. Then you’ve got healing stations, unlock boxes (the things I mentioned earlier which contain new abilities, weapons or enhancements), weapon crates and weapon upgrade machines (levels up your gun which improves its stats). Also, enemies drop loot in the form of money and energy, they drop about the same as a small box but special enemies drop more. While energy, weapons etc. only matter for the asset you collect them with, your money and unlocks are persistent.Just a couple more things to mention. The sound track is absolutely fantastic, it really fits the game well but there didn’t seem to be many tracks so it would’ve been nice to see a few more. The controls are also really good, they felt very responsive and the default configuration works well (though it can be changed). While I’m talking about controls, it’s worth knowing that your asset’s speed has an impact on how quickly they turn, it’s not a case of the controls being unresponsive, this also applies to enemies which can be used to your advantage.Verdict Neon Chrome is a thoroughly enjoyable top-down shooter with a lot of gameplay variation, unlockables and quite a bit of replay value. All of this wrapped up in an awesome cyberpunk setting. If you’re a fan of top-down shooters, I’d definitely recommend checking this one out.El K.
Was this review helpful?
EDIT: Added spoiler tags to the loose description of the bosses.I'll try and keep it short and to the point. This is an excellent game. It's essential. It's fun. It's addictive and rewarding.You have classes with genuine differences. All are fun. The weapons and violence are exceptional. Heads come off, chunks fly. Bullets whizz and lasers feel hot and clinical. It has recoil mechanics and stealth, alert and line of sight mechanics and varying levels of weapon penetration. Destructible environment. If you see a heavy guard with a riot shield in the next room, they are invulnerable to regular weapon-fire from the front, you blow a hole in the wall behind him and blast him to chunks from the back with a critical sneak attack. You can melee. You can upgrade the melee skill, you can smash through walls like robocop and unleash hell. There are excellent bosses with phases. I've put in 22 hours and I have seen 3 of the total 6(?). A spider-tank boss]that walks you down, tearing up the scenery with it's guns blazing. A Centipede/trainbot that patrols spawning increasingly dangerous mobs and mines. A very open helicopter battle complete with radio chatter, guns and lock on super weapons.It's procedural and has permadeath. You loot cash and energy from your foes. When you die you are disconnected from your puppet of flesh. You get out of the immersion chair and spend the cash on skills and weapons. When you are ready to go again, you go back to the chair, and awake another &body& from the rows and rows of stasis pods. So there is a lovely and macabre sense of cost, drive and a seemingly morally ambiguous protagonist. I'm responsible for about 79 now empty pods. I keep throwing bodies at The Overseer of the Neon Chrome building and it's security which he controls. Learning the really solid gameplay mechanics and getting stronger though the incremental upgrades in Damage, Health, Energy, Luck, Augment Slots etc etc.I could talk all day just about the gameplay mechanics and how fun and gripping it is, but it looks great, has brilliant sound design and good music as well. A very polished and well tuned action rogueLITE that rewards skill and thought while staying absolutely action packed and fluid. There's no fat on this game. You start it, you get in the chair, you start with the death-dealing. There's no painful intro/splash screens, no long periods of downtime between deaths.I love this game. If I had more than two thumbs to give it, I would. I would raise thumbs till none were left.
Was this review helpful?
One of the few games I've played through to the very end. Loads of fun with a good sense of progression.
One of the best top down shooter on Steam, great game
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile website}

我要回帖

更多关于 eclipse neon theme 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信