什么是home appliancee 强化

查看: 2439|回复: 7
VMware vCenter Server Appliance 5 属于免费产品还是收费产品
发表于 6-12-:57
vCenter Server Appliance 5 属于免费产品还是收费产品?
发表于 6-12-:44
收费,同vmware vCenter Server
发表于 6-12-:55
本帖最后由 TiGi 于 6-12- 编辑
以前是独立的一个产品,需要另外购买;v5.1之后,是否独立收费,需要查一下 —— 但是即便是免费,也是因为vSphere而免费。
发表于 6-12-:54
好像要添加序列号才能正常激活使用吧,应该和2楼说的一样。
发表于 6-12-:32
本帖最后由 TiGi 于 6-12- 编辑
以前是独立的一个产品,需要另外购买;v5.1之后,是否独立收费,需要查一下 —— 但是即便是免费,也是因为 ...
看了一下,“VMware vCloud Suite STD”内含有VSA。
此外,还可以单独购买。
发表于 6-13-:17
收费,含在标准版及以上版本中。
发表于 6-16-:01
发表于 6-16-:32
实话实说,这玩意,单独买的话,绝对不合算!
主机上的控制卡、硬盘,每台就要1万以上(指NL SAS、SAS盘),三台主机就要3万起,外加VSA软件许可的钱,绝对可以买一台存储盘柜了。比特客户端
您的位置:
详解大数据
详解大数据
详解大数据
详解大数据
Snap Appliance升级Snap Server产品的容量
大容量 介绍
  此次升级容量所包括的产品型号是Snap Server 和4200。提升后的每GB成本将低至4美元。
  Snap Server 1100在现有的80、160GB的选项之外,增加了250GB的容量规格。将给预算紧张的工作组提供理想的文件功能。
  Snap Server 2200则在320GB的基础上增加了500GB的规格,Snap Server 2200使用 1镜像阵列,将给那些小型工作组以及远程办公的用户提供理想的存储与数据保护。
  Snap Server 4200是产品,新产品将提供640GB的可选规格和热交换式驱动器,并且集成反、本地备份软件、提供对主动目录、Snapshot技术和双Gb以太网的支持。
  Snap Server 在销售时预装SnapOS 4.0,Snap Server 4200则预装GuardianOS 2.6,这些曾经获奖的NAS支持大多数主流的网络终端与平台,包括Windows、、Macintosh和。
[ 责任编辑:田启佳 ]
去年,手机江湖里的竞争格局还是…
甲骨文的云战略已经完成第一阶段…
软件信息化周刊
比特软件信息化周刊提供以数据库、操作系统和管理软件为重点的全面软件信息化产业热点、应用方案推荐、实用技巧分享等。以最新的软件资讯,最新的软件技巧,最新的软件与服务业内动态来为IT用户找到软捷径。
商务办公周刊
比特商务周刊是一个及行业资讯、深度分析、企业导购等为一体的综合性周刊。其中,与中国计量科学研究院合力打造的比特实验室可以为商业用户提供最权威的采购指南。是企业用户不可缺少的智选周刊!
比特网络周刊向企业网管员以及网络技术和产品使用者提供关于网络产业动态、技术热点、组网、建网、网络管理、网络运维等最新技术和实用技巧,帮助网管答疑解惑,成为网管好帮手。
服务器周刊
比特服务器周刊作为比特网的重点频道之一,主要关注x86服务器,RISC架构服务器以及高性能计算机行业的产品及发展动态。通过最独到的编辑观点和业界动态分析,让您第一时间了解服务器行业的趋势。
比特存储周刊长期以来,为读者提供企业存储领域高质量的原创内容,及时、全面的资讯、技术、方案以及案例文章,力求成为业界领先的存储媒体。比特存储周刊始终致力于用户的企业信息化建设、存储业务、数据保护与容灾构建以及数据管理部署等方面服务。
比特安全周刊通过专业的信息安全内容建设,为企业级用户打造最具商业价值的信息沟通平台,并为安全厂商提供多层面、多维度的媒体宣传手段。与其他同类网站信息安全内容相比,比特安全周刊运作模式更加独立,对信息安全界的动态新闻更新更快。
新闻中心热点推荐
新闻中心以独特视角精选一周内最具影响力的行业重大事件或圈内精彩故事,为企业级用户打造重点突出,可读性强,商业价值高的信息共享平台;同时为互联网、IT业界及通信厂商提供一条精准快捷,渗透力强,覆盖面广的媒体传播途径。
云计算周刊
比特云计算周刊关注云计算产业热点技术应用与趋势发展,全方位报道云计算领域最新动态。为用户与企业架设起沟通交流平台。包括IaaS、PaaS、SaaS各种不同的服务类型以及相关的安全与管理内容介绍。
CIO俱乐部周刊
比特CIO俱乐部周刊以大量高端CIO沙龙或专题研讨会以及对明星CIO的深入采访为依托,汇聚中国500强CIO的集体智慧。旨为中国杰出的CIO提供一个良好的互融互通 、促进交流的平台,并持续提供丰富的资讯和服务,探讨信息化建设,推动中国信息化发展引领CIO未来职业发展。
IT专家新闻邮件长期以来,以定向、分众、整合的商业模式,为企业IT专业人士以及IT系统采购决策者提供高质量的原创内容,包括IT新闻、评论、专家答疑、技巧和白皮书。此外,IT专家网还为读者提供包括咨询、社区、论坛、线下会议、读者沙龙等多种服务。
X周刊是一份IT人的技术娱乐周刊,给用户实时传递I最新T资讯、IT段子、技术技巧、畅销书籍,同时用户还能参与我们推荐的互动游戏,给广大的IT技术人士忙碌工作之余带来轻松休闲一刻。
微信扫一扫
关注Chinabyte当前位置: >>
A级强化训练
PART IChOOSE THE BEST ANSWER1. Don?t take what she said too seriously. She will stop saying in that way if no notice _____of her. A. is taken B. takes C. will be taken D. has taken 2. I?m rather tired, I ______ since this morning. A. was doing housework B. have done housework C. did housework D. have been doing housework 3. I?ll go to play basketball as soon as I _______ the essay. A. finished B. will finish C. have finished D. are finishing 4. You love your only daughter and spoil her so much that you ______ her harm. A. are doing B. have done C. will have done D. are going to do 5. It was not until then that I came to know that knowledge ______ only from practice. A. had come B. has come C. came D. comes 6. As a young man he did not know that he _______ become famous later on. A. was to B. should C. was going to D. would 7. The child was _______ when that young man dived in and saved him. A. drowned B. was drowning C. was going to drown D. had drowned 8. The old man ______ many of the experiences he ever _______ when he was young. A. gradually forget…had B. is gradually forgetting…had C. was gradually forgetting…had D. have gradually forgotten…had 9. We got word that a delegation _______. A. soon has arrived B. soon arrived C. is soon going to arrive D. would soon arrive 10. When I was in Jinan, I visited the university where I _______. A. had studied B. studied C. was studying D. did study 11. Great efforts to increase agricultural production must be made if food shortage ______ avoided. A. is to be B. can be C. will be D. has been 12. By the time you arrive in London, we _______ in Europe for three weeks.-1- 13.14.15.16.17.18.19.20.21.22.23.24.A. shall stay B. have stayed C. will have stayed D. have been staying She ______ clean out that room last week, but was too much occupied at that time. A. intended to B. was intended to C. had intended to D. has intended to When I saw her sad face, I knew she _____ bad news of her mother. A. has B. has had C. had had D. was having Mary could be a very charming girl but she ______ to her manners. A. pays no attention B. paid attention C. was paying no attention to D. had paid attention All the houses ______ by the end of the following week. A. will be repaired B. were repaired C. will have been repaired D. would be repaired Many doctors believe cures for many forms of cancer ______ soon. A. will discover B. will be discovered C. they will be discovered D. have been discovered He told us that he ______ to work in America next year. A. was transferred B. will transfer C. will be transferred D. would be transferred I don?t remember ______ a chance to try this method. A. having been given B. to have been given C. having given D. to have given We could ask someone to do the work privately without it _______. A. know B. be known C. being known D. to be known The couple looked at the room sadly when they found it ______ into. A. had broken B. had been broken C. broke D. was broken If the work ______ by the end of the month is delayed, the construction company will be fired. A. to be completed B. will be completed C. has been completed D. being completed John ______ in Paris now, otherwise he would have phoned me before now. A. has arrived B. ought to have arrived C. couldn?t have arrived D. should have arrived From the smile on her face we can guess that something happy _______. A. must have occurred B. would have occurred-2- 25.26.27.28.29.30.31.32.33.34.35.36.C. might be occurring D. should occur You ______ pay the money, but you ______ do so at once. A. needn?t…must B. need…need C. must…must D. must…needn?t The bus plunged into the river. The driver ______ get out but the passengers were drowned. A. was able to B. succeeded to C. could D. might If you ______ me, I shall be very grateful to you. A. helped B. will help C. are helping D. will be helping The Smiths ______ have gone to bed because the light is still on. A. mustn?t B. can?t C. may not D. isn?t able to We have plenty of bread, so I ______ a loaf. A. needed not to buy B. need not to have bought C. needn?t have bought D. didn?t need to buy She hardly _______ say anything more since we know all about it. A. needs B. need C. need to D. needn?t No on it ______ be thrown away. A. had better to B. has better C. might as well D. has best She _______ catch the bus every morning, but now she rides with her boyfriend. A. used to B. is used to C. use to D. was used to There is a real possibility that these children could be frightened, _______ a sudden loud noise. A. being there B. should be there C. there was D. there having been We ______ the problem easily if we had not acquired much basic knowledge. A. hadn?t solved B. wouldn?t have solved C. solved D. solve You are making a lot of noise. If only you ______ down. A. will quiet B. have quieted C. would quiet D. should quiet I would have told him the news had it been possible, but I _______ so busy then. A. had been B. was C. will have D. are to have-3- 37. She was giving a lecture to the students. Otherwise she _______ over to help us. A. had come B. would come C. would have come D. was coming 38. But that he came to help me, I _______ . A. could not have succeeded B. could not succeed C. did not succeed D. can?t but succeed 39. I would have asked her to come to my birthday but I ______ his telephone number. A. didn?t know B. hadn?t know C. don?t know D. wouldn?t known 40. It was suggested that a special committee of five members ________ to solve the problem. A. are appointed B. be appointed C. appointed D. would appoint 41. I think it advisable that she ______ for London soon. A. will leave B. may leave C. leave D. leaves 42. He looked as if he _______ in a bad mood for a long time. A. was B. has been C. were D. had been 43. It is high time she _______ the meal for the children. A. cooked B. cooks C. has cooked D. is cooking 44. The bank is reported in the local newspaper ______ in broad daylight yesterday. A. to be robbed B. robbed C. to have been robbed D. having been robbed 45. All flights _______ because of the snowstorm, we decided to take the train. A. were canceled B. had been canceled C. having canceled D. having been canceled 46. I appreciated ________ the opportunity to study at Beijing University. A. having been given B. having given C. to have been given D. to have given 47. There was a good program on TV yesterday evening, but I was too busy _______. A. to work at my composition and to write it B. to work at my composition watching it C. working at my composition to watch it D. working at my composition and watching it 48. When _______ at the door, she was given a warm welcome. A. appear B. appeared C. appearing D. appears-4- 49. If you want to buy an expensive bike, we have several models ______. A. to be chosen B. to choose from C. to chose D. for choosing 50. Mary was absent this morning because she had her teeth _______. A. filling B. filled C. fill D. to fill 51. She did nothing but _______ the whole time she was there. A. complain B. to complain C. complained D. complaining 52. Is there any hope of ______ the football match? A. your class winning B. you class winning C. your class?s winning D. you class?s winning 53. When she awakened, she found herself ______ by an old woman. A. looked after B. being looked after C. looking after D. look after 54. It takes about an hour to get there, _______ possible traffic delays. A. it allowing B. its allowing for C. to allow to D. allowing for 55. We found the lecture very difficult _______. A. to understand B. for understanding C. to have understood D. understand 56. When reading the magazine, ________. A. a colorful advertisement caught my eyes B. my attention was attracted by an advertisement C. I was attracted by a colorful advertisement D. What attracted my eyes was a colorful advertisement 57. I found ________ to solve all the problems with the time given. A. no possibility B. there was impossibility C. impossible D. it possible 58. I arrived at the university, but my luggage _____ still on the way. A. was B. were C. got D. had got 59. There are eighty _______ in our college. A. man teachers B. man teacher C. men teachers D. men teacher 60. _______ was so wonderful that it attracted all the students in the class. A. The teacher?s performance B. That performance of the teachers? C. That performance of the teachers D. The performance of the teachers? 61. We are all working hard to fulfill the ______ plan.-5- 62.63. 64.65. 66.67. 68. 69.70.71.72.73.74.A. country B. country?s C. the country of D. of the country As a safety precaution, all city taxi drivers carry only enough money to make a change for a _______ bill. A. ten-dollar B. ten-dollars C. ten-dollar?s D. ten dollars ______ student with a little common sense should be able to solve this problem. A. Each B. Any C. Either D. One The teacher asked _______ who had finished their test to leave the classroom as quickly as possible. A. them B. those C. these D. they A good artist is ________ who can express the commonplace in an uncommon way. A. that B. one C. this D. which They discussed the issue heatedly among ________. A. them B. each other C. themselves D. one another I know of no other person in the school who is as clever as _______. A. he B. him C. his D. himself China is a wonderful place and there is _______ to see and enjoy. A. a lot of B. many C. much D. many more _______ will go on doing the job. A. You, I and John B. You, John and I C. You, John and me D. John and you _______ the students came to play basketball today. A. Nobody of B. No one of C. None of D. Neither It is one thing to enjoy listening to good music, but it is quite ______ to perform skillfully yourself. A. any other B. another C. other thing D. some other I?ll come in _______ in fact, I?ll come _______ second I?m through. A. a, the B. a, a C. the, a D. the, the “Make yourself _______ and help yourself to some candy”. Mary said to me. A. at the home B. in the home C. at home D. in home I went to _______ bed to pick up some papers that I had left on it. A. the B. a-6- 75.76.77.78.79.80.81.82.83.84.85.86.C. a small D. / He is determined to go there ______ instead of riding a bike. A. on the foot B. on foot C. by foot D. on two feet _____as he is, John couldn?t have done such a thing. A. A fool B. Fool C. The fool D. Fools My watch has been stolen, so I have to ________. A. buy a new one B. buy the one C. buy the other D. buy the other one When I saw her, she was reading _______. A. an exciting, old, detective story B. an old, exciting, detective story C. an exciting, detective, old story D. a detective, old, exciting story This bike is _____ all the other bikes on the market. A. more superior than B. superior than C. most superior of D. superior to He knows little of mathematics, and _______ of chemistry. A. even more B. still less C. no less D. still more Do you enjoy listening to records? I find records are often _______ or better than an actual performance. A. as good as B. as good C. good D. good as I couldn?t find _______, and so I took this one. A. a coat enough small B. an enough small coat C. a small coat enough D. a small enough coat The examination I took yesterday wasn?t very long, but it was _______ difficult. A. much too B. so much C. too much D. very much Clever and intelligent as he is, he can never finish the experiment _______. A. alone B. lonely C. lone D. alonely The oil output this year is _______ five years before. A. as much as twice B. twice as much as C. twice so much as D. as twice much as The fewer this kind of fish is, ________. A. the higher the price is B. the higher the price it is C. the higher price it would be D. higher the price is-7- 87. Why did you ask him for help instead of Tom? He is ____ helpful than Tom. A. no more B. not more C. any more D. some more 88. Of the fashionable dresses, she chose _______. A. the less expensive B. the one most expensive C. the most expensive of them D. the least expensive 89. She finished the assignment ______ the cost of her health. A. at B. on C. with D. in 90. She was evidently not accustomed ________ that kind of life. A. for B. at C. to D. in 91. How could he make up _______ all that she had suffered because of him? A. with B. for C. up to D. up for 92. I don?t think any one can accuse me ______ not being frank. A. of B. for C. in D. to 93. ______ the afternoon of July 4 they visited the Great Hall of the People. A. On B. In C. At D. From 94. Some products have risen in price _______ the increasing costs. A. since B. due to C. but for D. because 95. While reading magazines in the reading-room the other day, I came ______ an very interesting poem. A. to B. by C. up with D. across 96. Before leaving the country, the old couple sold their house _______ six thousand dollars. A. at B. for C. with D. on 97. Tom realized his dream _______. A. on ease B. for ease C. at ease D. with ease 98. I?m rather anxious _______ her, for I haven?t heard from her for a long time. A. toward B. about C. in D. over-8- 99. I have given up tr there is no point _______ with him. A. by arguing B. for arguing C. with arguing D. in arguing 100. I don?t like to disturb you, because you?re quite tired ______ working hard today. A. with B. of C. out D. on 101. ______ hearing the news of her mother?s death, he burst into tears. A. In B. Once C. After D. On 102. They lost their way in the forest, and ______ made matters worse was that night began to fall. A. that B. it C. what D. which 103. Professor Smith?s book will show you ______ can be used in other contexts. A. that you have observed B. that how you have observed C. how that you have observed D. how what you have observed 104. I knew nothing about his journey ______ he was likely to be away for three weeks. A. if B. in that C. except that D. which 105. ______ one can succeed depends on _______ hard he works. A. That…how B. That…however C. Whether…how D. Whether…however 106. We all thought ______ that the basketball match should have been put off. A. it a pity B. it pity C. that D. where 107. What surprise me was ______ so well. A. what she spoke French B. that she spoke French C. which did she speak French D. what did she spoke French 108. ______ is no reason for not letting her attend the meeting. A. Because she was a few minutes late B. Owing to a few minutes being late C. Being a few minutes late D. The fact that she was a few minutes late 109. ______ some mammals came to live in the sea is not known. A. That B. What C. How D. Since 110. The output of our factory is now three times ______ it was three years ago. A. what B. that C. as D. which 111. He?s the man ______ I supposed was capable of doing such a thing.-9- A. who B. to whom C. it D. which 112. She was very patient towards the children, ______ her husband seldom was. A. that B. who C. which D. so that 113. ______ is mentioned above, a lot of work has been done to build the museum. A. That B. Whether C. As D. If 114. All ______ can be done by the doctor is to make the patient feel better. A. that B. which C. who D. whom 115. The day will surely come ______ all the people in the world enjoy freedom and live in happiness. A. when B. how C. then D. why 116. Listening is not ______ a simple thing as it happens to be. A. so B. too C. as D. such 117. Can you name a few more electrical appliances ______ electricity is used to produce heat? A. where B. which C. when D. as 118. The microscope is a very useful instrument _______ scientists can see things that are too small to be seen with the naked eye. A. in which B. through which C. with which D. from which 119. The science of medicine, _______ progress has been very rapid lately, is perhaps the most important of all the sciences. A. to which B. in which C. which D. with which 120. Anyone can borrow books from this library ______ he keeps them clean and returns them in time. A. even if B. unless C. so that D. as long as 121. _______ you understand this rule, you?ll have no further difficulty. A. While B. Once C. Though D. Unless 122. ______ I admit that the problems are difficult, I don?t agree that they cannot be- 10 - solved. A. While B. Suppose C. Because D. As though 123. It will not be long _______ man can make use of the solar energy and make it serve mankind. A. since B. before C. when D. after 124. _______ you return those books to the library immediately, you will have to pay a fine. A. Until B. Unless C. If D. Provided 125. All gases and most liquids and solids expand ______ heated. A. in B. how C. when D. about 126. Helen listened carefully ______ she might discover exactly what Tom wanted. A. so as that B. in case C. providing D. in order that 127. When a gun was pointing against your head, you should do ______. A. like you were told to B. as to what told to C. like what you were told to D. as you were told to 128. ______ the weather was fine, I opened all the windows. A. As B. Because of C. For D. With 129. No sooner ______ than he realized that he should have remained silent. A. had the words been spoken B. the words had spoken C. the words had been spoken D. had the words spoken 130. _____ there can be no avoiding it. A. However the decision is difficult B. However difficult the decision is C. The decision however difficult D. However the difficult decision 131. ______ the girl?s possessions that she could carry them in a single suitcase. A. Were so few B. So few were C. Few were so D. There were so far 132. _______ when everyone has to think for himself. A. There comes a time B. Here comes a time C. There a time goes D. A time comes here 133. _______, he would have been able to pass the examination. A. If he studied more B. Had he studied more C. Studying more D. If he were studying more- 11 - 134. I seldom go to movies, ________. A. so does my daughter B. my daughter is too C. my daughter doesn?t too D. nor does my daughter 135. _______, she would not conceal her eagerness for praise. A. In spite of her clever B. As she was clever C. Though clever she was D. Clever as she was 136. By no means _______ their own language well. A. it is true that all English people know B. is it true that do all English people know C. it is that do all English people know D. is it true that all English people know 137. So far as I know, more than one _______our monitor in four years. A. have been B. has been C. are D. has 138. Mathematics as well as physics always ______ me a lot of headaches. A. has caused B. are causing C. cause D. causes 139. Not only you and I but Peter, the top student in our grade _____ not able to solve the problem. A. are B. were C. is D. am 140. All the data ______ once and again, still there are a lot of mistakes. A. has been checked B. have been checked C. has checked D. is checked 141. It is not the tools a scientist uses but how he uses the tools that _______. A. make him a scientist B. makes him to be a scientist C. make him to be scientist D. makes him a scientist 142. The play writer and director ______ promised to attend our tea-party. A. have B. has C. are D. is 143. Another three weeks _______ necessary for us to finish the work. A. are B. was C. is D. will have been 144. That men have learned much from the behavior of animals _______ hardly new. A. is B. isn?t C. being D. will be 145. You?ve already got our invitation, ________? A. don?t you B. haven?t you- 12 - C. won?t you D. aren?t you 146. Have a little more cake, _______? A. haven?t you B. won?t you C. don?t you D. will you 147. I don?t suppose he cares, _______? A. does he B. doesn?t he C. do I D. don?t I 148. You?d like to have a good rest, ________? A. haven?t you B. would you C. had you D. wouldn?t you 149. I wish to recollect where I met him, ________? A. would I B. may I C. may I not D. can I 150. She must be looking forward to your return, _______? A. mustn?t she B. wasn?t she C. isn?t she D. didn?t she 151. My boss asked me to answer the phone, to talk all messages, and _______. A. to type B. typing C. type D. typewrite 152. I want to buy something colorful and ______ in your store. A. decoration B. decorator C. decorating D. decorative 153. The physician considers going to bed early to be more sensible ________. A. but staying up late B. than staying up lately C. than to stay up late D. than staying up late 154. It was after he had made an investigation ______ he came to know the truth. A. where B. when C. that D. and 155. It was not until he entered the classroom _______ he realized that he had forgotten to do the homework. A. before B. when C. where D. that II. Fill in the blanks with the proper forms of the words given 1. You must be very ______ (care) not to say anything to John. 2. This is a very ______ (use) dictionary for beginners of English. 3. Mother needs ______ (add) help in the kitchen on weekends when all of us come home from school.- 13 - 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34.Women are often said to be more _______ (emotion) than men. It?s a waste of time doing such _______ (mean) work. Tom didn?t feel ______ (comfort) living with his parents. After reading the novel he was too ______ (excite) to go to sleep that night. During his ______ (act) years the retired engineer made great contributions to the nation. Can you figure out the ______ (imply) meaning of his statement? The older boy gave the newcomer some _______ (brother) advice. The children looked wonderfully _______ (health) with their bright eyes and rosy cheeks. When you walk on the ______ (mud) ground, you get mud on your shoes. No one knows where he came from. There is something _______ (mystery) about his family background. Your suggestion is a good one, but there are some _______ (practice) difficulties in our workshop. Everyone looked fresh and _______ (energy) after seven-day spring break. The boy is _______ (fortune) to have had the help and guidance of such a learned uncle. All the characters in this book are _______ (imagine). I felt rather ______ (fool) when I couldn?t answer the teacher?s question. Children often have a ______ (child) trust in their parents and grandparents. Do as you are told, you _______ (tire) child. We must ______(quick) our steps if we don?t want to be caught in the rain. This new highway ______ (short) the trip from this city to the capital. The librarians have to _______ (class) the books according to their subjects. When will the government _______ (clear) its position on equal pay for women? The fall in the value of the pound will ______ (able) us to export more goods. You should _______ (courage) her in her attempts to become a doctor, instead of being so negative about it. The business will lose money if it doesn?t _______ (modern). You will ______ (danger) your health if you go on smoking like this. He bought a flat in a quiet _______ (neighbor) with many good shops. He finds it difficult to form lasting _______ (friend) with his friend. The people there are fighting to gain their _______ (free) from foreign control. The money charged for carrying a letter, parcel, etc. by post is called ______ (post). To her great ______ (disappoint), her daughter didn?t send her a real present for her birthday. The seasons came and go with _______ (regular).- 14 - 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60. 61.He can?t be a good teacher. He has no ______ (patient) with children. The worker worked with great ______ (efficient) and finished the job quickly. _____ (child) is usually a happy time of life. His _______ (survive) he has been very badly hurt and my die. It took years for Einstein?s theory to gain ______ (accept). Any sound can be a ______ (distract) to me when I?m trying to study. Since the beginning of this semester, Mary has shown some _______ (improve) in English. Only when capitalism has been abolished will it be possible to abolish poverty, _______ (employ) and war. The police held up his hand to stop the traffic so that the children could cross the road in ________ (safe). Many young wives go to work, and they put their children in a _______ (nurse). The slightest _______ (care) in driving can result in a terrible accident. Jane has obtained her parents? _______ (permit) to go camping with her classmates. There are five foreign teachers in our college----two ______ (Australia), two ______ (Japan) and one ________ (Canada). Hans went to his dentist for _______ (consult) because of a bad toothache. She died for the people. Her _______ (die) is weightier than Mount Tai. Emma changed her mind at the last minute under ______ (press) from her parents. Looking up I saw his eyes fixed on me in ______ (curious). Those people do not beg publicly. Therefore, hey cannot be regarded as _______ (beg). The expert came to the factory to sample wines every month. He was a famous ______ (sample). The business is not very good in this shop, there are more visitors than ______ (shop). Someone who knows the area, but whose home is outside it, is more likely to be a successful _______ (represent). In the past two years, Tom has come to see her mother only _______ (occasion). It is not ________ (surprise) that Jack got fired----he was always daydreaming at work. The teacher was busy ______ (correct) our exercise books when we called at his house. It is _______ (respond) of her to leave the children alone in the house. I?d like to go with you, but with so much work to do this afternoon I?m ______ (able) to. I visited Grandma every day she was in the hospital! I can?t understand why you are- 15 - 62. 63. 64. 65. 66. 67. 68. 69. 70. 71. 72. 73. 74. 75. 76. 77. 78. 79. 80. 81. 82. 83. 84. 85. 86. 87. 88. 89. 90.accusing me of _______(concern) about her health! If you use this chemical to clean your shirt, the stains will ______ (appear) immediately. One of the main ________ (advantage) of the system is that it use very large amounts of fuel. John and Mary had a _______ (understand), but the have made it up now. Some traffic signs are so confusing that they _______ (lead) the traveler. It?s ______ (legal) for people under 17 to drive a car in Britain. It is _______ (logic) to vote for a candidate whom you have no faith in. The accident was the ______ (direct) result of the bus being late. The director of the charity was accused of _______ (proper) use of funds. Tom didn?t go to school this morning because he ______ (eat) at the dinner party yesterday and was sick. We _______ (estimate) the cost of materials, and ended up making a loss. Our country has spent billions of dollars to help the _______ (develop) nations to improve their standard of living. Lots of people say “I gotta go”, but “gotta” is still considered ________ (standard). Though he has a ______ (pay) job and a good family, he still feels that his life is somewhat empty. The _______ (put) of the average American factory is steadily increasing. Tom is if he ________ (draw) his support, I don?t see how I can be elected. There are World Cup _______ (nation) football matches every four years, which excites all the football fans around the world. He usually goes to work by ______ (way), which is much quicker than by bus. He ran _______ (stairs) to the third floor to tell me the good new. Children of ________ (school) age usually go to kindergartens. A person who does studies at a university after he receives his bachelor?s degree is called ______ (graduate). They?ll get the job finished much more quickly if they all _______ (operate). This is a ______ (month) magazine, which is published every two month. It is true that these herbs can _______ (use) to relieve pain. He ought to ______ (see) a doctor about his headache a week ago. I could _______ (lend) you the money. Why didn?t you ask me? He might ______ (buy) stamps in the post office when you saw him. There ______ (go) the train, we?ll have to wait for the next. I hear the delegation ______ (come) to visit our school next week. As the Spring Festival _______ (draw) near, the housewives are getting much busier.- 16 - 91. 92. 93. 94.I must take care of the passengers and luggage that _______ (send) to the station. He is punctual for the meeting. I ______ (think) he would be late. When students ______ (catch) cheating, they can be kicked out of school. Could you tell me why many writers are not fully appreciated until long after they ______ (die). 95. It won?t be long before we_______ (make) such planes ourselves. 96. By this time next year we _______ (turn) all the land into rice fields. 97. When Henry arrived home after a hard day at work, his wife ______ (sleep). 98. Whenever he found himself in difficulty, Joe ______ (consult) with his workmates. 99. Mr. Smith ______ (come) to this city in 1965 and has been living here ever since. 100. The school bus _______ (hold up) by thick fog yesterday. 101. Our country _______ (experience) great changes in the last ten years or so. 102. The guests ______ (enter) the room before he could stand from the chair. 103. If he _____ (listen) to me, he wouldn?t have made the mistake. 104. The girl acted as if she ______ (know) everything about the matter. 105. The university has decided that the present regulations and disciplines ________ (maintain). 106. Mother insists that the wallet I picked up in the street _______ (give) back to the owner. 107. The officer found it hard to carry out the order that all the villagers _______ (kill). 108. I wish I ______ (know) how to operate the electronic computer now. 109. It is essential that we ______ (get) everything ready by the end of the week. 110. He as well as his classmates _______ (learn) how to use the computer. 111. Not only the earth but also the planets ______ (move) round the sun. 112. Why he did such a silly thing ______ (be) the question nobody can answer. 113. Neither his father nor his brother _______ (come) to see him this Saturday afternoon. 114. The building is said ______ (destroy) in a fire two years ago. 115. It?s much cheaper to buy a ______ (use) car than a new one. 116. It?s no good ______ (write) to him, he never answers letters. 117. His hard habit, ______ (smoke) one cigarette after each meal, remains unchanged for fifty years. 118. They were envious of George because of his ______ (make) captain of the team. 119. I really appreciated _______ (give) the money to continue my college study. 120. If you had gone there to see the match, I?m sure you would have enjoyed ______ (see) the Chinese Football Team win. 121. The way he talks is simply unbearable. I object to ______ (treat) like a child. 122. The old man ran out to stop the child (from) _______ (pick) up the flower. 123. He welcomed the new students and then went on ______ (explain) the college- 17 - regulations. 124. The policemen are looking into the records of all those _______ (involve) in the crime. 125. _______ (compare) to most women of her time, she was indeed very fortunate. 126. I have attended so many lectures that I find I am becoming _______ (bore). 127. There was so much noise that the speaker couldn?t make himself _______ (hear). 128. We couldn?t agree on any of the problems _______ (discuss) at the meeting. 129. When ______ (ask) why he was painting a sunset, the man replied that he was doing so because he wanted to. 130. All the tickets ______ (sell) out, we had to go again the next day. 131. He returned four days later, his face covered with mud and his clothes ______ (tear) into pieces. 132. ______ (look) up, I saw a bird fluttering its wings over the tree. 133. ______ (get) everything ready, they got down to map out a plan for the construction of a new expressway. 134. Turning to the right, you will find the path _______ (lead) to the post office. 135. The students ______ (do) all the exercises, the teacher went on to explain the text. 136. We all went to the concert, ______ (include) grandfather and grandmother. 137. They were busy ______ (assemble) a truck when the accident happened. 138. The slowly ______ (fall) leaves made her disappointed when autumn came again. 139. I see that you have a door on your second storey ______ (lead) to the roof. 140. ______ (answer) accurately is more important than to finish quickly. 141. It was very thoughtful of her ______ (come) to see me when I was ill. 142. The purpose of the exchange program is _______ (promote) the understanding between the two countries. 143. Before you paint the board you have _______ (smooth) it with sandpaper. 144. It is not unusual for a broken chair _______ (repair) by the children. 145. If you want a particular book, the person ______ (talk) to is the librarian who is wearing glasses. 146. I?ve now I?m looking for a knife ______ (cut) it with. 147. Mr. Green ran all the way to the station only _______ (find) that the train had left 15 minutes before. 148. All of us were surprised ______ (learn) you are planning to leave school next semester. 149. Help the little boys at the back of the hall ______ (carry) the chairs out.- 18 - PART II Directions: After reading the following passage, you will find 5questions or unfinished statements, numbered 1 through 5. For each question or statement there are 4 choices marked A), B), C), and D). You should make the correct choice and mark the corresponding letter or the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center. Passage 1: Sir Winston Churchill said: “Kites rise highest against the wind ----not with it” When life seems to be handing you lemons, make lemonade! That would be a more current version of Churchill?s quote, wouldn?t it? Folks often seem to take adversity(逆境) as an indication that we?re going in the wrong direction, or that they don?t have what it takes to make it, or that “somebody up there doesn?t like them”. This is a straightforward cause-and-effect approach that can stop you in your tracks and leave you sitting there, stopped, for an hour, a day, months, years or, for some, a lifetime. What is your approach to adversity? What is your response to the challenge it offers? Does it cause you to reflect on your direction and look for alternatives? Does it strengthen your resolve to continue? Does it beat you down and flatten you out? Your responses to life are your choice. There is no escaping the responsibility you have for choosing the way you see things. For some folks, in some circumstances, that choice seems the only one they have any control over…so take it! When you raise your kite, keep it flying. Today, play with the idea of seeing change or difficulties as shifting winds to help your kite stay up…not as a clear indication that you?re flying the wrong one on the wrong way. How can you use the information you are receiving to keep your kite soaring? 1. What idea is the author trying to convey? A) Kites fly high when they are supported by the wind. B) Face challenges instead of avoiding them. C) Life is full of choices. D) We are in control of our lives. 2. In the author?s opinion, adversity in life is_________. A) an indication that we?re going in the wrong direction. B) an indication that we?re not working hard enough. C)a challenge that we must face. D)either a challenge or an indication that you are in the wrong direction. 3. “There?s no escaping the responsibility” because _________. A) you cannot make a change B) responsibilities cannot be put aside C) being responsible is an important characteristic of a successful person- 19 - D) you made the choice yourself 4. What does the author suggest to do when you have no other choices? A) Create new choices. B) Change your job. C) Take the choice you have and work hard D) Take a little rest. 5. The kite is a symbol of ___________. A) your life C) responsibility B) difficulty D) ambition Passage 2 When the history of door-to-door sales is written it is likely that the Avon people will be the subject of quite a few chapters. For decades hundreds of thousands of women and men have visited millions of homes selling the cosmetic manufacturer?s wide-ranging array of products. But, in recent years, the rise in the number of women who aren?t home to hear the “Ding, Dong” has meant lost sales for Avon. Enter “Avon in the Mall”. Avon says it?s about to launch a series of boutiques in major shopping malls and inside upscale merchandisers. The company doesn?t hold out high expectations for big sales outside its usual merchandising system, only 5 percent. But that missing component is enough to force Avon to change its old-line, decades-old image. No word yet on what the new advertising will sound like. Meantime, the Avon sales force will continue to ring America?s chimes. 1. The passage is mainly about___________. A) a market research C) New trends of women at home B) Avon?s sales strategies D) the American families 2. Avon?s sales are chiefly_____________. A) door-to-door sales C) based on advertising B) traditional ways D) person-to-person 3. What forced Avon to change its method of sales? A) The traffic. C) Trends in the market. B) Change in building structures. D) Fewer women are at home now. 4. Avon has been famous for ________________. A) the quality of its products. C) its sales method B) its work force D) its advertising strategy 5. What does the word “boutique” probably mean? A) A sample of products. C) An ad. B) A sales person. D) A place to display goods.- 20 - Passage 3 No one who wants to improve their relationships or gain influence with others would describe herself as “unapproachable”. Yet sometimes we hear: “I?m sticking to my guns no matter what.” Or, “Don?t come to me with a problem if you don?t have a solution.” Or, “I?m only interested in what works.” The attitude behind those kinds of statements is : Don?t bother me unless it?s worth my time and corresponds to what I already believe. Not exactly conducive to collaboration! Being outright unapproachable is one thing. If you make it known you really don?t want people coming around, you?ll get what you ask for. But you may think that doesn?t apply to you, yet you could be putting out “unapproachable” messages in more subtle ways. You could always be so busy that anyone who comes to you feels they?re not getting your full attention. Co-workers and employees may then perceive you as being swamped with too much work, so that they?ll bring only the most important items to your attention. This may result in your knowing less about what?s happening than if you had made yourself more approachable. Another subtle “unapproachable” style comes from people who seem to live from crisis to crisis. If you know that every time you engage Mary in a conversation, you?ll hear about the latest problem or tragedy in her life, you?ll probably avoid her. How about people who don?t take the time to have an acceptable level of personal appearance? They might have dirty hair or clothes that don?t fit them well. These folks often find themselves cut off from social discourse. 1. The passage discusses the issue of_________________. A) being unapproachable C) producing positive effects B) cooperation in office D) fulfillment at work 2. Which of the following is NOT an unapproachable attitude? A) “Don?t come to me with a problem if you don?t have a solution.” B) Keep telling people the tragedy in your life. C) “I?m only interested in what works.” D) Being cautious about results. 3. People with unclean appearances make others believe that ___________. A) they are intelligent B) they are special C) they are unapproachable D) they don?t care about your opinion 4. What may make a person seem unapproachable? A) Always being busy. C) Enjoy being alone. B) Not staying at a fixed place. D) Confident. 5. Being unapproachable may prevent you from________________.- 21 - A) working efficiently B) improving relationshipsC) participating in team work D) keeping away from quarrelsPassage 4 Sigmund Freud once wrote of dreams that they were “the royal road to the unconscious”, believing they somehow disclosed the mysteries of the deeper and virtually inaccessible realm of the sub-conscious. Dreams are a universal human experience and have intrigued us throughout the centuries. But what are we to make of them? Are they significant or are they meaningless nonsense brought about by haphazard neural activity while we are sleeping? Put simply, dreams are mental experiences occurring during our sleeping state which often include vivid visual images. They are often disorganized and highly unrealistic, their content is usually unpredictable and “unreal”. They are not constrained but seem to run by themselves in directions which can be totally irrational and absurd. Their sometimes odd nature can leave us confused, anxious or simply dismissive. But frequently they have enough “reality” embedded in them for us to make connections and draw conclusions. Most people realize that events in the real world can affect their dreams, but there are great differences of opinion as to whether dreams hold any significance for our waking lives. The ancient cultures often took them very seriously, believing that spirits, angels and messengers were visiting them through their dreams with important messages. This is certainly the view of the Bible. 1. This article is about____________. A) dreams C) human brain B) Sigmund Freud D) human body 2. Which of the following is NOT true about dreams? A) Mental experiences occurring during our sleeping state. B) Disorganized and highly unrealistic. C) Revealing truth in life. D) Affected by reality. 3. Who believes that dreams are significant to reality? A) Freud C) People who read the Bible B) Scholars D) Any sensible person 4. The content of dreams is ____________. A) unpredictable C) organized B) realistic D) based on true stories 5. Which of the following is NOT included in ancient believes that would come to visit people in dreams?- 22 - A) Angels B) SpiritsC) Messengers D) Psychiatrist.Passage5 Most of us need to be pushed to the wall to make decisions. And once we reach this point , we have to deal with the conflicting emotions that come with making them. We have reached a fork in the road. Now this fork can be a two-prong, three-prong, or even a four-prong fork. No wonder that decision-making can create knots in stomachs, keep us awake in the middle of the night, or make us break out in a cold sweat. Making life-changing decisions can be likened to internal civil war. Conflicting armies of emotions, each with its own arsenal of reasons, battle each other for supremacy of our minds. And our resulting decisions, whether bold or timid, well thought out or impulsive, can either set the course of action or blind it. I don?t have much advice to give you about decision-making except this: Whatever you do, don?t camp at the fork in the road. Decide. It?s far better to make a wrong decision than not to make one at all. Each of us must confront our emotional turmoil and sort out our feelings. 1. The word “fork” in paragraph 1 means most nearly________. A) crossing C) offshoot B) branch D) silverware 2. The last paragraph tells us__________. A) don?t camp at the fork in the road. It is dangerous. B) don?t hesitate too long on making decisions C) it is better to make right decision D) making no decision is better than making a wrong decision 3. What does the word “turmoil” most probably mean? A) Turnover. C) Fuss. B) Disturbance. D) Excitement. 4. What is the main topic of this passage? A)Make decisions promptly. B)We often face decision-making. C)Conflicting emotions are common in our lives. D)The course of actions is based on decisions. 5. If someone is going to make decisions according to the information provided in the passage, he probably would_________. A)make decisions as quickly as he C)Consult experienced people can D)wait until the appropriate time B)try to make the right decisions.- 23 - Passage 6 Water helps transport vital nutrients, regulates body temperature, eases digestion, keeps joints supple, cleans out your body, and keeps skin healthy and young. Not drinking enough leads to dehydration, resulting in headaches, fatigue, dizziness, constipation, and foggy memory. Not drinking enough water can lead to excess water weight , because our bodies will store water outside our cells. That?s where you feel bloaty and heavy. Water helps the liver do its job more efficiently, namely in metabolizing(新陈代谢) fat. If you?re not consuming enough water, your liver has to work overtime with its other primary function: detoxifying the body. Water helps maximizes the liver?s efficiency of both jobs, so you keep your insides clean, your weight healthy, and get rid of it. 1. What does the passage mainly talk about? A)Cycling of water. C)Water and fat reducing. B) How water helps people stay D)Curing functions of water. healthy. 2. The word “dehydration” in paragraph 2 most probably means __________. A) lack of water C) headache B) drinking water D) not feeling well 3. How does water help liver do its job? A) It removes the dead cells in blood. B) It fills the liver with body liquid. C) It speeds up the processing of fat. D) It cleans the liver. 4. What would happen if a person drinks less water than he needs? A) He will feel sleepy. C) His head may become numb. B) His skin will get dry. D) He will feel heavy. 5. What is the function of the liver? A) Cleaning up the toxical matters in the body. B) To ease digestion. C) Producing excess water weight . D) Controlling body weight. Passage 7 To generate ideas to solve business problems we all need a starting point. You will not be able to fly from New York to Frankfurt, Germany until you first arrive at JFK. If you don?t exactly know where you are you will need a map to pinpoint your current location and then gradually work your way to JFK airport. It is imperative that you establish where you are before looking to progress. In other- 24 - words study the map that will take you to New York thoroughly. You have quite probably heard of brainstorming. Simply, when a group of people get together and simply write down as much as you can in relation to the objectives outlined. Don?t worry about strategic planning or anything like that. Concentrate solely on idea generation. Place a time limit on the group and choose the location and the time well so that they are conductive to performance. Make sure that everybody is at their peak and has been instructed to “Think Big”. I have been able to move mountains after a very healthy brainstorming session. 1. What is the author trying to tell his readers? A) Plan for your trips. B) Concentrate when you brainstorm C) Make sure everybody is at their peak. D) Solve problems one step at a time. 2. Why does the author say “Don?t worry about strategic planning”? A) Because strategic planning wastes more time than it may gain. B) Because he is a supporter of free thinking style . C) Because it conceals the most important idea. D) Because he wants the reader to concentrate on idea generation. 3. Which of the following is part of a brainstorming session? A) Organizing thoughts. B) Setting goals and achieve them. C) Write down ideas that come out of your mind. D) Study current situations. 4. Why does the author suggest putting a time limit? A) Because the problems need to be solved on time. B) Because it can help the people work better. C) Because time is always limited. D) Because it saves time for the next step. 5. What is a “healthy” brainstorm session? A) One that puts people at their peak. B) One that produces great results. C) Everybody involved is thinking . D) Everybody involved is intelligent. Passage 8 It?s no strange coincidence that during the time you drive along staring out the window, sleep in your bed, undertake your daily duties at work or anything for that matter your sub-conscious continues to work for you (even though you may not always be fully- 25 - aware of this). How often have you been doing something totally unrelated and then suddenly an idea snaps into your mind? Often? Sometimes? Never? In any case after you have put considerable time into solving your problem you will find your inner mind will work for you. Sometimes if you try too hard to solve something you end up with nothing short of major frustration. So, as the expression goes “chill out”, have a break and sleep on it. You may be surprised at how successful switching off can be. 1. What is the passage mainly about? A) Sleep C) Ideas B) Daily actions D) Subconscious 2. When does your inner mind work? A) All o Trying to solve a problem C) Driving B) Taking a rest. D) f the above. 3. Why can?t you solve a problem when you are thinking hard? A) Because you are not intelligent enough. B) Because your inner mind is not fully activated. C) Because hard problems requires time. D) Because your mind is tired. 4. What does the phrase “chill out” probably mean? A) Relax C) Move to a colder place B) Think hard D) Stay outdoors 5. In order to solve problems, the author suggests readers _____. A) take a rest C) leave it alone B) think hard D) B,then A Passage 9 Very few of us will never feel unhappy, will never fall into “the slough of despondence”. A major help then is to remember the times when we are happy, and the fact that we have those memories “in the bank”. They are a part of us, they can remind us that we are capable of happiness, and that the world is not always out to make us miserable. When you are happy, consciously store up the memories-----they will serve you well. There are few joys as complete as those that involve bringing joy to someone else. Happiness denies the laws of economics in that it is not something that we have less of when we give it away. It is something that grows greater as it is given. The more you give, the more you have. 1. What is the passage mainly about?- 26 - 2.34.5.A) Feelings C) Society. B) Memory D) Happiness The phrase “the slough of despondence” probably means ___________. A) a place C) a dream B) a profession D) a status of being unhappy How can we deal with unhappy time? A) Remember the happy times. C) Forget about the unhappy things. B) Do something else. D) Just wait. What is one of the ways to be happy, according to the author? A) bring joy to someone else. C)encourage yourself B) ignore the laws of economics. D) relax. Which of the following is true according to the author? A) Happiness can be stored in C) Happiness can be passed around memory. D) Happiness cannot be bought. B) Happiness is felt by few people.Passage 10 Start your day with the powerful positive input of high-energy music. Everyone enjoys different kinds of music so you need to use what YOU like. Just be sure you start the day listening to the kind of high-energy music that get you PUMPED! It could be rock and roll or country or jazz or pop or whatever makes you feel GREAT about yourself. It is important to start the day off with positive energy and enthusiasm in order to effectively tackle the challenges that you might encounter. If you put yourself in a good mood before you have to deal with problems you could be facing, it makes the frustration much easier to handle. It is not always easy to “hit the ground running”, especially at the start of the day, but you will feel better about yourself both personally and professionally. Research has shown that people who use high energy music to start their day and before they face challenging situations have increased productivity by as much as 200%! 1. What does the author chiefly wants to tell his readers? A) There is one type of music called high-energy music. B) The morning is the most important part of the day. C) Music can increase productivity by as much as 200%. D) Great music helps you start the day with energy. 2. The term “hit the ground running” in paragraph 2 means to ____________. A) start doing things forcefully B) start doing things immediately when you are in position C) establish solid grounds before you start- 27 - D) make the environment move with you 3. The word “pumped” in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to _____. A) energized C) grow B) filled up D) feel fresh 4. A positive start of the day may help you ________. A) quickly get rid of trouble C) effectively handle problems B) forget your past problems D) become more confident 5. Which is NOT a proper high-energy music as suggested by the author? A) Anything that makes you feel energized B) Rap C) Jazz D) Pop. Passage 11 Allow yourself to laugh and enjoy life without being serious all the time. Laughter helps ease stress and bring mountains back down to molehills where they belong. Learn to see humor in difficult situations. A good, hearty laugh is the best stress releaser of all. Give yourself and the people you work with a “laugh-a-day”. Put a “humor board” in your office. Have a designated bulletin board where anyone can post cartoons, jokes or even funny pictures. This gives everyone a chance to ease anxieties. You can also use what can be called “comic memos”. This is where you attach a funny cartoon to the routine, sometimes boring memos or pieces of paperwork that have to be given out . Another idea for easing tension is to choose various people in the office to take turns telling a “joke of the day”. The more you laugh, the less you worry and the healthier you feel. 1. What is the overall purpose of writing his article? A) Analyzing the laughter and humor. B) Describing the role of humor. C) Outlining the role of humor. D) Attempting to explain humor. 2. It can be inferred from the passage that the hearty laugh is the best stress releaser, because A) it reduces anxieties B) it makes you work happily C) it reduces the anxieties and stresses of work, and make you work happily. D) makes you laugh 3. According to the passage, if someone wants to be an optimist , he shall_________. A) give himself and the people he work with a “laugh-a-day”- 28 - 4.5.B) learn to find humor in the trouble C) tell jokes with people D) allow himself to laugh and enjoy the life. Which of the following statements is NOT true according to the passage? A) An optimist should learn to find the humor in the trouble situation. B) A good, hearty laugh is the best stress releaser of all. C) Laughter can help ease stress and bring mountains back down to molehill where they belong. D) Cartoon can ease your tension. The word “comic memos” in paragraph 2 probably means _________. A) a piece of funny note B) a kind of official note to another people C) a kind of dramatic cartoon D) a piece of joke cartoonPassage 12 You don?t have to tolerate discomfort in many situations, and there is an alternative to avoidance of such situations. You can temporarily adjust and reduce your sensitivity, in a particular situation. Shift from being sensitive and annoyed or avoiding to being a person who is temporarily changing your sensitivity level….for as long as it is useful for you . Not using this ability results in needless discomfort. You don?t have to make permanent or long-term changes in your sensitivity level, if you don?t want to . You certainly don?t want to make changes that you don?t believe are safe. Temporary changes that are safe…gives you an extra choice. Rather than be annoyed at cigarette smoke, someone else?s scent, overwhelmed by too much to do, overwhelmed by how much other people feel…you can choose and intend , deeply intend, to adjust and change your sensitivity level . It?s a choice most people don?t even realize they have, so they don?t make it. Now …you know it?s a choice. 1. What is the main topic of this passage? A) Adjusting your sensitivity level permanently. B) Adjusting to your environment. C) Adjusting your sensitivity level temporarily. D) Staying away from discomfort places. 2. Which is correct about reducing sensitivity level? A) You may do it in a short term, but it is not safe. B) It takes some practice to do . C) If you want, you may do it in long-term.- 29 - D) It is always safe. 3. People easily get annoyed when_________. A) their sensitivity level is high B) they smoke C) they drink D) their friends do not care about them. 4. The last sentence___________. A) explains the facts B) summarizes the article C) clarifies the situation D) implies that readers should make the choice 5. Which of the following is NOT included in the passage? A) A practical way of reducing the sensitivity level. B) Information about sensitivity level. C) Encouragement for adjusting sensitivity level D) Discussion about the safety of adjusting sensitivity level. Passage 13 What would our world be like if each person made it his or her concern to “catch someone doing something right”? Wouldn?t we have cause to celebrate daily? So often our focus is on the negatives in life. We look for what is wrong, for weaknesses, for “ holes in the armor” of another. Why? Perhaps, the answer lies in our need to feel superior to another -----in our learned behavior, to compare ourselves constantly to those around us. If our self-concept is low, we feel that almost everyone is better, more likable, stronger , more talented , more capable, more everything than we are. On the other hand, a poor self-image can also result in what we interestingly call a “superiority complex”. To cover up our own feelings of inadequacy, we behave as though we know better, act better , think better, and even , are better than those around us. A healthy self-concept allows us to acknowledge our abilities and talents, our strengths and weaknesses. There is no need to compare ourselves to others in order to recognize traits in ourselves! Self-acknowledgment is not conceit or arrogance. Self-acknowledgment is perceiving the truth about oneself so that one may freely move forward in life without the fetters 羁绊) unproductive modesty. Self-acknowledgement ( of is inner work, not shouted from the rooftops but cherished within. This is cause for celebration! 1. What is the main concept that the author wants his readers to learn? A) Superiority complex. C) Holes in the armor. B) Self-concept. D) Self-acknowledgement. 2. On what condition can we “celebrate daily”?- 30 - A) People show concerns about C) People care about other?s health. others. D) People trust each other . B) People notice other?s good work. 3. Comparing ourselves to others may_________. A) help us understand each other C) make us confused better D) not affect our lives at all B) produce negative effects 4. What does the phrase “holes in the armor” in paragraph 2 mean? A) Shortcomings of a good person C) Something to show off . D) Something to wear B) Leakage of a container(容器) 5. Self-acknowledgement is NOT__________. A) inner work C) a cause for celebration B) perceiving the truth about D) superiority complex oneself Passage 14 As someone once said, “Grow antennae, not horns.” If you prejudge someone as shallow or crazy or ill informed, you automatically cease paying attention to what they say. So a basic rule of listening is to judge only after you?ve heard and evaluated what they say. Don?t jump to conclusions based on how they look, or what you?ve heard about them, or whether they?re nervous. In fact, maybe a good exercise would be to go out of your way to listen to a difficult speaker. Maybe he talks with a thick accent. Or talks much more rapidly, or more slowly, than you or uses a lot of big words . Whatever difficulty this speaker poses, seize it as an opportunity not to prejudge but to practice your listening skills. Given some time, you?ll become more comfortable and effective in listening to diverse styles. 1. What is the main argument of this passage? A) Do not judge a person too quickly. B) Practicing listening skills. C) No one is shallow or crazy or ill informed. D) Seize opportunities. 2. Which of the following is NOT the characteristic of a difficult speaker? A) Thick accent C) Talking too fast B) Using big words D) Not listening 3. The basic rule of listening suggested by the author is __________. A) draw conclusions after you?ve listened carefully B) do not judge a person, just listen to him C) listen intensely and grasp the main idea- 31 - D) adjust yourself to the style of the speaker 4. People may jump to conclusions by _________of/about the speaker. A) the look C) the gestures B) rumors D) both A and B 5. The word “antennae” in the first paragraph probably means _________. A) something to aid hearing C) abilities B) some thoughts D) horns Passage 15 Bed rest has been recommended for many conditions, including low back pain and rheumatoid arthritis (风湿性关节炎). The idea of prescribing bed rest or illness perhaps stemmed a quote by the “father of medicine”, Hippocrates: “ In every movement of the body, whenever one begins to endure pain, it will be relieved by rest”. Hippocrates? advice was given in the 4th century B.C., but the practice of prescribing bed rest remains, despite little evidence of its effectiveness. In a review published in the journal Lancet, authors evaluated 39 different studies on bed rest prescribed for 15 different conditions involving a total of 5,777 patients. Results of the analysis revealed that bed rest was not an effective treatment recommendation. In 24 trials investigating bed rest following a medical procedure, no patients improved significantly and 8 worsened si}

我要回帖

更多关于 household appliance 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信