这个句子Well, not well和not good的区别any more it is not.最后为什么还有个not?

还有none的1.No作形容词用法262
No可以修饰各种类型的名词:He has no(=not any)wife,no friends,no money,no hope.263
当主语为两个由no修饰的名词时,动词用单数形式:No TV and no radio is(不是are)necessary for me.(但:A TV and a radio are necessary.)No boy and no girl is admitted.264
No和not都可构成否定句,但意思有些差别:There is no person,not a(较强调)person,not a single(最强调)person in the house.No(or Not a,Not a single)customer came.I have no(or not a,not a single)house in this area.Not a drop of rain has fallen.(“Not a+可数名词+of+不可数名词”是比较强调的形式)No a morsel of food has he eaten.He does not know a word of English.I have not got a wink of sleep.He has no patience at all,no patience whatever(or whatso-ever),not the least patience.(这是另一些强调的否定形式)He has no ghost of(=not)an idea about love.There is no more milk.(用no时较文气)There is not any more milk.(not any是口语化说法)I want nothing to eat.I don't want anything to eat.He can find his keys no where.He can not find his keys anywhere.I think of him as no friend of mine.I do not think of him as any friend of mine.He sent it to nobody.He did not send it to anybody.He is in no position to help you.He is not in any position to help you.Say it no more.Don't say it any more.265
在简短回答中,no比 not any更好一些:Where is he going? Nowhere.(比not anywhere更好)What did he say? Nothing.(比not anything更好)Who knows it?Nobody.Which of the two is right?Neither.How many(or much) do you want? None.266
No也可用在某些类型的句子中,有比较强调的意义:There is no comparison between the two.(= It is impossible to make any comparison between the two.)There is no arguing with him.(= It is impossible to argue with him.)There is no denying that the earth is round.No talking in class.(=One should not talk in class.)No smoking here.No chance(or No way,No dice,No ded).(=Impossible.)No admittance except on business.No dogs(or No children) are allowed. 2.No作副词的用法268
No可用在简短回答中:Do you see it? No(= I don't see it).Don't you see it?No(=I don't see it).Don't you see it?Yes(=I see it).Hasn't he come? No(= He hasn't come).Hasn't he come? Yes(= He has come).May I smoke? Yes(=You may).Would you mind my smoking? No(=I wouldn't mind= You may smoke).269
No也常常用在比较级前:He is no richer than(= as poor as) me.比较: He is not richer than me.(Both are rich.)He has no more than(=as little as) five dollars.He owes me no less than(=as much as)a thousand dollars.He is no better a scholar than a schoolboy(= as ignorant as a schoolboy).She sings no better than(= as poorly as) a crow.He is no less attacked by his friends than by his enemies.No fewer than a hundred persons were present.He can no more drive a car than I can fly(= He cannot drive a car just as I cannot fly).I can do no less(or no more) than(= cannot but) laugh.270
No可以和 more连用,意思接近 neither(也不):Nobody can do it,no more can I(不是 I can).(=I can do it no more than anybody.=Nobody can do it,neither can I.)He did not tremble,no more did I.(=I trembled no more than he.)John is not silly,no more is Mary.271
No otherwise也是一个短语,表示“只是”,“不会其他”:He is no otherwise afraid than(=only afraid) of his lessons.He does no otherwise than (=nothing but) eat and sleep.He will become a beggar,and no otherwise(= definitely).272
Whether… or no和 whether or not意思差不多,多用在名词从句中:I do not know whether he is well again or no(or or not).I will inquire whether he will come or no.I do not know whether or no(or not) he is well again.I will inquire whether or no he will come.It is a question of whether he likes it or no.Whether or no(or not) he will agree is unknown.You should not be angry whether you are right or no(or or not).(Whether…or no在这里引出的是一个表示让步的状语从句)You should not be angry whether or no(or not) you are right.273
Nothng可以用作副词,表示“一点也不”,“绝不”:I care(or think) nothing(or little) about it.He is nothing discouraged.This helps us nothing(= never helps us,concerns us noth-ing).This is nothing less than(=equal to)robbery.It is nothing easier.This is nothing(like)(=not at all)so easy as that.(比较 Nobody else is anythiny(like)(=in any way)so hon-est as he.)Nothing much has been said.Nothing very much has happened.He is nothing better than before. 5.None作副词的用法295
“none+the+比较级+ for 或because”可表示“并不因此就,……一些”:He is none the happier for his wealth(= He is still unhappy in spite of his wealth).He is none the happier because he is wealthy.(比较: He is still unhappy,although he is wealthy.)The book is none the more interesting for its illustrations.She looks none the less pretty(=none the homelier) because of her simple dress.比较:He is all the happier for his wealth.(=He is happier because of his wealth.)He is all the happier because he is wealthy.(=He is happier because he is wealthy.)We passed our holiday none too(=not very) gaily(=very un-happily).296
None可以和 too或so一起用,表示not very:They love each other none too well.It is none too easy(=very difficult).She is none so(=not very) pretty.He is none so kind.297
None偶尔用来修饰动词,但很少见:I slept none(=never slept) last night.We have stopped none(=have never stopped).6.Not,No,None的结合使用298
“一个否定句+and+否定谓语”可表示“只要……就……”:One cannot see her and not love her.(= One can't but love her when one sees her.)You must not be employed here and do nothing.(= You must do something when you are employed here.)Nobody will read it and not be moved.(=Everybody will be moved when he reads it.)“问句+and+否定谓语”可表示“只要……能不……?”:Can you do it and not be criticized?(=Can you not be criti-cized when you do it?)Can anybody see her and not be charmed?(=Can't anybody be charmed when he sees her?)299
“否定主语+谓语+but+谓语”可用来表示“不……而是……”或“只有……才……”:Nobody may enter but must(=but one must) stay outside.(在but后面的从句中,nobody在语法上是主语,在概念上one是主语。)None of them may criticize their government,but must(=but they must) keep silent.No rule can make one wise,but should(= but it should) be wisely observed.Neither stayed at home,but(= but either)fooled around.Few were shocked at the news,but(=but many)remained indifferent.300
在口语中有时有人作重复否定,实际上只有一个否定意思,这是不规范语言:Nobody never went there.(=Nobody went there.)I can't do nothing.(= I can do nothing.)He never spoke with no foreigner.(= He never spoke with any foreigner.)There was no man,no horse,no tree,no nothing.Nobody hardly(=Almost nobody) knows it.It don't do you no good. But don't you worry none(=Don't worry).在非正式场合用的口语中,有时会用一个多余的 not:I wonder whether I shouldn't(=should) take a chance.I shouldn't be surprised if he didn't tell(=told) you a lie.I doubt whether he can't(=can) pay the debt.301
对问题如何作肯定或否定的回答是一个有意思的问题,特别是当里面包含有 any,either,ever,at all,yet,far,long,many,much这类词时。这类词通常用在否定、疑问及条件(从)句中,很少用在肯定句中,这时就要用其他词代替它们:A.Can he find it anywhere?B.He can find it somewhere.C.No,he can't find it anywhere(or: No,he can find it nowhere).A.Did you ever play tennis? Did you play tennis at all?B.I sometimes played it.I played it in a way.C.But i didn't ever play(= never played) it.I didn't play it at all.A.Did he fool around any more(or any longer)?B.He still fooled around.C.No,he didn't fool around any more(or any longer).A.I can't go,but can't you go either?B.If you can go,I can go too.C.If you can't go,I can't go either.A.Has he done his homework yet?B. He has done it already.C.I think he has not done it yet.A.Did anyone steal anything any more?B.Someone still stole something.C.No,no-one stole anything any more.A.Did he go far to meet her? Had she waited long?B.Yes,he went a long way and she had waited a long time.A.I have not many friends,and not much time to spend.B.But your husband has agreat many friends,and plenty of time to spend among girls.
}
初中常见的基本英语句子,这些进行背诵、记忆,是对英语的学习是很有帮助的。今天我们去做简单的收集:1.Walk along this road, and take the fourth turning on the left. 沿着这条路走,在第四个路口向左拐。2.Lily fell off her bike and hurt herself badly.莉莉从自行车上摔了下来,而且摔的很重。3.Go on until you reach the end. 一直走,直到你到达终点。4. Thanks a lot for inviting me to your party. I’d love to come.非常感谢邀请我参加你的聚会。我太愿意来了。5. Either my father or my mother cooks dinner on weekdays.在工作日时,要么是我父亲,要么是我母亲做饭。6. I like Chinese tea without anything in it. 我喜欢中国的清茶,什么都不加。7. Sooner or later you’ll find it somewhere. 你迟早会在某个地方找到它的。8. I keep a diary to help me remember things. 我写日记以帮助自己记住事情。9. He often asks policemen for help. 他经常向警察求助。10.You mustn’t eat anything until you see the doctor. 直到看了医生你才能吃东西。(在见医生之前你不能吃任何东西。)11. You’d better catch a bus. 你最好去坐车。12. Why don’t you make him a card? 你为什么不给他做张贺卡呢?(你还是给他做张贺卡吧!)13.If you want to be thinner and healthier, you have to eat less food and take more exercise.如果你想减肥、想更健康点的话,那你就必须少吃食物多锻炼。14. Nobody taught her. She taught herself. 没有人教她。她是自学的。15. Many families eat their dinner outside in the open air. 许多家庭在露天吃晚餐。16. Can I take a message for you? 我能为你带个口信吗?17. Liu Mei is on her way to the cinema. 刘梅正在往电影院去的路上。18. You must look after yourself and keep healthy. 你必须照顾好自己,保持健康。19. It’s between the post office and the hospital. 它在邮局和医院之间。20. They have some problems getting there. 他们想要到达那里是有一些困难的。21. For example, Jim is short for James. 例如,Jim就是James的昵称。(be short for是...的缩写)22. He does not want to do it any more. 他不想再做那件事。23. I make lots of telephone calls. 我(经常)打许多的电话。24. Good luck with your Chinese. 祝你的汉语(学习)能有好运。25. They both lost themselves in the beautiful music. 他们都陶醉在优美的音乐中了。27. I can’t leave my baby by herself. 我不能把我小孩单独留下。28.We helped them harvest the rice last month. We really enjoyed this labor on the farm. 上月我们帮他们收割了水稻。我们真喜欢这次在农场的劳动。29. To his surprise, he found the girl was blind.令他吃惊的是,他发现那个女孩是个盲人。30. You can keep these books for two weeks. 这些书你可以借两个星期。31.Keep quiet! The baby is sleeping. 安静!娃娃在睡觉。32.I'm tired. I'm going home now. Goodnight!
我累了。我要睡觉了。晚安!33.Look! The bus is coming! 看,车来了!34.. Don’t leave anything behind. 别把东西落下了。35. Help yourself to some soup. 随便喝点汤吧。Help youself. (请慢用;别客气。)36.My boss is leaving for South Korea. 我老板马上要去韩国。37. I can’t find the key to my bike. 我找不到我自行车的钥匙了。38. Here is a card for you with our best wishes. 送您一张卡片,表达我们最良好的祝愿。39. She didn’t feel like eating anything. 她不想吃任何东西。40. Why not meet a little earlier? 为什么不早一些见面呢?41. You can give him your best wishes. 你可以向他致意。42. I feel sorry for them. 我为他们感到难过。43.Half an hour later she woke up and began to cry. 半小时后她醒过来然后开始哭了。44. Jill often goes the wrong way.常常走错路。45. Let’s put our boat out of the water. 让我们把船从水里拖上来。46. Who is on duty today? 今天谁值日?47. Let’s make it half past nine. 让我们把时间定在9:30吧。48. Good luck to you. 祝你好运。49. East Lake has many different kinds of fishes. 东湖有许多不同种类的鱼。50. We’ll have a lot of fun. Oh, I can’t wait! 我们将过得很开心。哦,我简直等不及了。51. I am working hard on my exams. 我在努力应对考试。52. Thank you for making English fun! 谢谢你把英语课变得如此有趣!53.We’d better catch a bus. 我们最好乘公共汽车去。54. Everyone laughed at the woman’s mistake. 每个人都嘲笑那女人犯的错。55.He can take good care of your babies. 他能很好地照料你们的孩子。56. Welcome back to school. 欢迎返回学校。57.Lily从她的自行车上摔下来,并伤得很厉害。58. Take the second turning on the left. 在第二个路口向左拐。59. I began to make faces and the baby didn’t cry any more. 我开始做鬼脸,接着小孩就不再哭了。60. May I take your order now? 你现在要点什么菜吗?61. Would you like to come along? 你想一起去吗?62. As they were very hungry, they ate up all the food very soon.由于他们很饥饿,他们很快就吃完了所有的食物。63.The Internet has played a more and more important role in our life.网络在我们生活中扮演着越来越重要的角色。64.1. Don't let others talk over you. Raise your voice and be heard!不要让别人说服你,提高你的嗓音让别人听到!65.You know who ignores a tiger? You know who interrupts a tiger during a work meeting? No one, that's who! If you were a tiger, your roar would be heard nearly two miles away.你知道有谁会忽视老虎吗?你知道有谁在工作会议期间会打断老虎吗?没有人,那可是大人物。如果你是一只老虎,你的怒吼声两英里外都能被人听到。66. Don't be afraid to show off your stripes — the things that make you unique! 不要害怕炫耀自己的条纹——这才是你独特的地方!67.Every tiger's stripes are unique — no two are alike! You shouldn't feel the need to hide your stripes either. Customize your workspace with pictures of your family or favorite hobby. Find cool wallpapers or desktop apps like Rainmeter to make your desktop your own.每只老虎的条纹都是独一无二的,没有两只是一样的!你无需隐藏自己的条纹。用家人或最钟爱的嗜好的照片装饰你的工作空间。用一些好看的墙纸或像Rainmeter这样的桌面应用,做一个属于你自己的桌面。68. If you've got a problem, jump right in and start swimming.如果你遇到问题了,跳进去,立马开始。69. What does this mean for you? If you're got a job or assignment, don't procrastinate. If it feels too large, find a small part of it you can do now and try working on it for just 10 or 20 minutes. If you can keep doing that, no problem is too big (or too wet) for you. 对你来说这是什么意思呢?如果你拿到一份工作或任务,不要耽搁。如果任务太重了,你先找出马上就能进行的一小部分,用10分钟或20分钟来解决这个问题。如果你一直这样做,对你来说就没什么难题了。70. Don't let others take advantage of you. Own your space.不要让别人利用你,你要有自己的空间。71.Someone asking to borrow your stapler or eyeing your lunch again? Tigers can claim more than 200 square miles as territory. What's yours is yours. Don't be afraid to let people know it or be afraid to say no (politely, of course). If you do loan something out, set clear expectations of when you want it back.有人又跟你借订书器或关注你的午餐了?老虎周围200平方英里都是自己的领地,所以你的东西就是你的东西。不要害怕让别人知道或害怕说“不”(当然要注意礼貌)。如果你把东西借出去了,一定要清楚什么时候要回来。72. Be social! But respect the space and time you need to chill out.要去社交!但注意,在需要冷静时要留有自己的空间和时间。73.Tigers have their own territories and tend to live on their own but do often roam larger areas as well, which means they can keep track of what their neighbors are doing.老虎都有自己的领地,喜欢独居,但也经常会到更广阔的地方去漫步,这样它们就能知道邻居在做什么。74."Solitary tigers actually have a rich social life; they just prefer to socialize from a distance," says the National Zoo's website. 国家动物园的网站上说:“孤傲的老虎真的有很丰富的社交生活;他们只是在和别人交往时会保持距离。”75.You can balance your private and social life as well. Set time limits for social media. You'll be more productive, and it'll mean that when you do meet up with your friends, you can leave work at work and focus on them.你也能平衡好自己的私生活和社交活动。花费在社交网站的时间要有限,你做事效率会更高,重要的是见朋友时不要考虑工作的事,把心思收回来。76. If you don't succeed at first, don't give up. Keep trying until you get it right. 如果你开始不成功,别放弃。一直努力到成功为止。77.Even though tigers are powerful hunters, only about 1 in every 10 hunts is successful. That's OK, though, because does the tiger give up? No! So don't get discouraged. Take a break, relax, analyze what went wrong, and try again.即使像老虎这样强大的狩猎者,成功捕食的概率也只有十分之一。然而这都没关系,你看老虎放弃了吗?没有!所以你也不要沮丧。休息放松一下,分析哪里出了问题,然后继续尝试。78.And when a tiger succeeds, they know how to make the most of a good thing, chowing down on up to 90 pounds of food in one sitting. You should savor your victories as well, after all, you've earned them!老虎成功时知道如何最大程度享受胜利果实,坐下来一次吃掉多达90英磅的食物。你也应该沉浸于你的胜利,毕竟那是你自己赢来的!79.Finally: Take your sleep seriously.最后:把睡觉当回事。80.If you've been working like a tiger, you've also got to take care of yourself like one. After all, tigers can sleep over 16 hours a day.如果你像老虎一样工作,也要像老虎那样照顾自己。毕竟老虎一天睡眠时间能超过16个小时。81.Make sure you're getting a healthy amount of sleep each night, set specific bedtimes, don't drink caffeine in the evening, and — if you're feeling really wild — remove all screens from your bedroom. Your sleep is precious, and you need every minute of it.确保每晚睡眠时间充足,明确睡眠时间,晚上不要喝含咖啡因的饮料。如果你真的很兴奋,把所有电子产品都拿到卧室外面。你的睡眠很珍贵,需要珍惜每一分钟。82.Rice doesn't grow in cold climates. 寒冷的气候不适于水稻生长。83.I always go to work by car.
我总是开车上班。 84.I can't understand why he is being so selfish. He isn't usually like that. 我不明白他此刻怎么这么自私。他平时不这样。85.We invited them to our party but they decided not to come. 我们请了他们参加聚会,但他们决定不来。86.I was angry because they were late. 我生气,因为他们迟了。87.I was walking home when I met Dave. 我碰到大卫时,我正往家走。88.Tom burnt his hand when he was cooking. 汤姆做饭时烫了手。89.I have just finished my work. 我刚刚完成我的工作。90.I have never been abroad. 我没迈出过国门半步。91.I love this movie. I have seen it ten times. 我太喜欢这片子了!看了十遍了,我!92.I'm hungry. I haven't eaten anything since yesterday. 我很饿了,昨天到现在都没吃过东西。93.What a boring movie/film! It's the most boring movie/film I have ever seen. 这电影真没劲!是我看过最糟糕的电影。 94.How long have you been learning English? 你学英语有多久了?95.Mary is still writing letters. She's been writing letters all day. 马力还在写信,她写了一整天的信。96.Mary has written ten letters today. 马力今天写了十封信。 97.At first I thought I'd done the right thing, but I soon realized that I'd made a mistake. 开始我以为我做对了,但是很快就发现自己犯了个错误。98.The house was dirty. They hadn't cleaned it for weeks. 房子很脏,他们好几个星期没打扫了。99.I was very tired when I arrived home. I'd been working hard all day, 我到家时非常累。我一整天都在玩命地干!100.Ken gave up smoking two years ago. He'd been smoking for thirty years 两年前肯戒了烟,之前他抽了三十年烟。101.Look at those black clouds. It's going to rain. 看那成堆的乌云,要下雨啦!102.I think the weather will be nice later. 我想天气一会儿会好。 103.He told me that he would give up his job. 他告诉我他要辞职。104.We can see the lake from our bedroom window. 从卧室的窗口可以看见那湖。105.I was so tired. I could have slept for a week. 我累死了!我能蒙头睡上一星期。106.Will you shut the door, please? 请你把门关上,好吗?107.Whenever Arthur was angry, he would walk out of the room. 不论什么时候阿瑟生气,他就会出去。106Liz, can you do me a favor? 李兹,帮个忙吧?107.Could I use your mobile phone? 能借用一下您的手机吗?)108.Where shall we go this evening? 今晚咱们去哪? 109.Should we invite Susan to the party? 要请苏三参加舞会吗?110.You must keep it a secret. You mustn't tell anybody else. 你必须保密,谁都不能讲。111.I am not sure whether I can lend you any money. I may not have enough. 我也不清楚能否借钱给你。我自己可能都不够。112.You might have left it in the shop. 可能你把它落在店里了。113We've got plenty of time. We needn't hurry. 我们有大把时间,不急。 114.They dare not tell the truth. 他们不敢说实话。115.I really ought to go and have my eyes tested. 我确实该去检查一下我的眼睛了。 116.You used to smoke 40 cigarettes a day. 他以前每天狂抽四十根烟。117.Jack was an excellent tennis player. He was able to beat anybody. 竭克是个网球健将。他天下无敌。118.The situation is serious. Something must be done before it's too late. 形势危急。得及时采取措施。119.How is this word pronounced? 这词儿怎么读?120.Have you ever been bitten by a dog? 被狗咬过吗,你?121.I don't like being told what to do. 我不喜欢别人来告诉我该干啥。122.Tom said that he was feeling ill. 汤姆说他不舒服。123.He told me that he loves me. 他说过他爱我。124.He asked me if he could go steady with me? 他问,能不能继续和我约会。125.Do you live near here? 你住的离这儿近吗?126.What can I do? 我能怎么办?127.Can you tell me where I can find Linda? 你能告诉我在哪可以找到林大吗?128.Do you know what time the film begins? 你知道电影何时开始?129.Does your husband do any cooking at home? 你老公在家做不做饭? 130.Have you had any breakfast yet? 你吃过早餐了吗?131.Susan hasn't been married, neither has Liz. 苏三没结婚,李兹也是。)132.You don't know where Karen is, do you? 你不知道卡轮在哪,是吧?133.Keep quite, will you? 安静点,好吗?134.Is there anything I can do for you? 我能为你做点什么吗?135.Who died and made you king? 谁死了,让你成为国王?(你算哪根葱? )136.What else is there to do? 还有什么事好干?137.Which person do you think is qualified for the job? 你认为哪一个人能胜任这份工作?138.Where are you from? 你从哪儿来的?139.When will the train leave? 火车什么时候开?140.How do you go to work everyday? 你每天怎么上班?141.Why do you keep asking me the same question? 你怎么又问我同样的问题? 142.How long did it take you to accomplish this complicated job? 你花了多久才作完这复杂的活儿?143.How soon will it be when your brother discovers you've been dating your girlfriend? 你哥哥多久才发现你一直在和你的女朋友约会?144.After watching the red-dressed women walk by, I went to the rooftop and watched workers weave wastebaskets. 看那群红衣女郎走过,我爬上屋顶看工人们编垃圾筐。145.Look, the falling leaves are all yellow. Lots of fallen leaves make the road yellow. 看那飘零的落叶,都是黄色的,黄色的落叶铺满的路面。146.The secretary worked late into the night, preparing a long speech for the president. 秘书工作到深夜,为总统准备发言稿。147.Given more attention, the trees could have grown better. 如果悉心照料,树会长的更好。 148.When he was decorating his house, he had gotten the bedroom painted first. 他装修房子时,先刷了卧室。149.She doesn't approve gambling. 她反对赌博。150.Please forgive me for not writing to you. 原谅我没有写信给你。151.It's no good trying to persuade me. You won't succeed. 劝我没用。你不会成功的。 152.It's a waste of time reading that book. It's rubbish. 看那本书真是浪费时间。那简直是垃圾。153.Why don't you come swimming with us? 你干嘛不和我们一起游泳呢?154.To see is to believe. 百闻不如一见。155.To finish so much work in a day is impossible. 一天之内干完这么多事是不可能的。156.It is important for us to express our opinions. 对我们来说,表达我们的意愿很重要。157.Not to grasp firmly is not to grasp at all. 抓而不紧等于不抓。158.My wish is to be a first-class interpreter 我的愿望是成为一流的翻译。159.We found it difficult to work with him. 我们发现和他共事很难。160.He has no choice but to wait. 除了等待,他别无选择。 161.Mr. Huawei always has a lot of meetings to attend. 华威先生总有开不完的会。162.She has no money and no place to live. 她没钱,也没地方住。163.To be or not to be, that's the question. 生存亦或死亡, 是问题所在。164.To serve the people well, I study hard. 为了更好的服务于人民,我好好学习。165.He was so angry as to be unable to speak. 他气的连话都说不出来了。166.After that day they were separated, never to see each other again. 那日一别,他们再没重逢。167.You are never too old to learn. 活到老,学到老。168.He made up his mind to once again ask for her hand in marriage. 他下决心再一次向他求婚。169.An apple a day keeps the doctor away. 一天一苹果,医生远离我。170.Lake Baikal is the deepest of all the lakes in the world. 贝加儿湖是世界上最深的湖泊。171.Members of the press weren't allowed into the meeting. 新闻记者不得进入会场。172.The Macdonalds finished supper at Macdonald's, and then bowled at the bowling alley. 麦可糖那一家在麦当劳吃过晚饭后去球馆打保龄球)。173.After you visit your mom in the hospital, call me so we can meet at the movies. 在医院看过你妈妈之后,给我打电话,我们在电影院碰面。174.The Shaws naturally were a musical family. 肖氏一家天生爱好音乐。175.He was a sleek, short man with a bright bald-head, pink face, and gold-rimmed glasses. 他身材矮小,穿着时髦,头光秃,面粉红,戴一副金丝边眼镜。176.The beautiful are envied by the ugly. 美人总为丑陋者所嫉妒。177.The are no batteries in the radio. 收音机里没电池。178.There was no electricity in my dorm last night. 昨晚我宿舍没电。 179.There's a hair in my soup. 我的汤里有根头发。180.You've got very long hair. 你的头发很长。 181.He lives in a two-room apartment. 他住在一套两房公寓里。 182.I don't want to share a room with anybody. I want my own room. 我不想和任何同住,我想要自己住。183.The film itself wasn't good but I liked the music. 电影本身不怎么样,但音乐还不错。 184.Nobody phoned me, did they? 没人来电话,对吧?? 185.He speaks little Chinese, so it's difficult to communicate with him. 他只能讲一点汉语,所以和他交流很难。186.How I wish all the money were mine! 我多希望这些钱都是我的。187.What you have just said does hurt him. 你刚才说的话真伤他的心了。188.This is just what I wanted. 这正是我想要的。 189.He suggested that we find a better job. 他建议我们找个好点的工作。190.The woman who lives next door is a doctor. 隔壁住着的那个女人是医生。191.I don't like stories that / which have unhappy endings. 我不喜欢结尾不是大团圆的故事。192.Everything that happened was my fault. 所有的事都是我的错。193.The news that NATO bombed the China Embassy in Yugoslavia offended all Chinese people. 北约轰炸中国南斯拉夫大使馆的消息激怒了每一个中国人。194.The news that the leader will come here is not true. 这个领导人要来的消息不可靠。195.Whenever I visit him, he is not at home. 不管我什么时候去找他,他都不在家。196.Where there is a will, there is a way. 有志者事竟成。197.Wherever there is smoke, there is fire. 无风不起浪。198.I have had so many falls that I am black and blue all over. 我摔了好几跤,全身又青又紫。 199.Though he is young, he knows a lot. 尽管小,他懂得多。200.She was not especially pretty. But she was extremely bright. 她不是特别漂亮,但她极聪明。201.German is a more difficult language than English is. 德语比英语难学。202.Usually mothers cook more delicious food than fathers do. 通常,妈妈做的饭比爸爸做的好吃。 203.The coffee is very weak; I like it a bit stronger. 咖啡太淡了,我要浓一点的。 204.It's a very old castle. It is the oldest one in Britain. 这个城堡很古老,它是英国最老的了。205.She is a workaholic. She always regards work as the most important thing in the world. 她是个工作狂。她觉得工作是世上最重要的事。206.He did very badly on the exam----worse than expected almost the worst in the class. 他考的不好,比期望的还糟。几乎是全班最差的。 207.The mobile phone is as popular as the beeper nowadays .现在手机和寻呼机一样普及。208.It is becoming harder and harder to find a job. 现在找工作是越来越难了。 209.The more you exercise, the fitter you will be. 越运动,越健美。 210.The harder you work, the richer you will become. 工作越努力,你就越富裕。211.If you loved me, you wouldn't say that.
如果你爱我,你就不会那样说。212.We would've called a taxi if Liz hadn't offered us a ride home. 假如李兹不送我们回家,我们就打的了。213.You wouldn't have met her if it hadn't been for him. 如果不是他,你就见不到她。214.If I were you, I wouldn't have bought that vase. 如果我是你,我就不买那花瓶。215.Had he worked harder, he would have gotten though the exams. 如果他努力了的话,他就会通过考试的。 216.I don't think it is advisable that Tom be assigned to the job since he has no experience. 我觉得把这工作交给汤姆做并不明智,因为他没有经验。 217.But for the English examination, I would have gone to the concert last Sunday. 上个星期天,要不是有英语考试, 我就去听音乐会了。 218.It is time that we made a decision. 是我们作出决定的时候了。219.I would rather you came to see me now. 我宁愿你现在就来看我。220.If only he were here. 要是他在就好了。 221.I wish I had followed your advice. 我真希望我采纳了你的建议。222.Do you give each other presents at Christmas? 你们圣诞节互送礼物吗? 223.I learnt to drive in four weeks 我四个星期就学会了开车。224.After working hard during the day I like to relax in the evening. 白天干了一天,晚上我要放松一下。225.There're usually a lot of parties on New Year's Eve. 除夕之夜有很多晚会。226.The conference was very well organized. Everything began and finished on time. 会议安排的很好。开始和结束都准时。 227.I must hurry. I want to get home in time to see the football match on television. 我得赶快,我想按时回家,去看球赛。228.At the end of the concert, there was a great applause. 音乐会结束时,响起了热烈的掌声。229.Jim couldn't decide where to go for his holidays. He didn't go anywhere in the end. 几亩决定不了去哪渡假,最终他哪儿也没去。330.You'll find details of TV programs on page seven. 你能在第七版找到电视节目的详细预告。331.Have you seen this article in the paper? 你在报上看到过这篇文章吗? 332.London is on the river Thames. 伦敦位于泰吾士河边。333.I was standing at the back, so I couldn't see very well. 我站在后面,看不清。334.We got stuck in a traffic jam on our way to the airport. 去机场途中塞车了。335.I've never met him but I've talked to him on the net. 我没见过他,但我和他在网上聊过天。336.Sometimes I have problems at work but on the whole I enjoy my job. 有时我的工作也有问题,但总的来说,我喜欢我的工作。337.The train was traveling at 120 miles an hour. 火车时速一百二十英里。338.Did you pay by check or cash? 你用支票还是现金? 339.The firm closed down because there wasn't enough demand for its product. 工厂关门了,因为产品供过于求。 340.The train was late but nobody knew the reason for the delay. 火车晚点了,但没人知道为什么。341.Do you think we will find a solution for the problem? 你认为我们会解决这个问题吗? 342.Last year was a bad year for the company. There was a big fall in sales. 去年公司不景气。销售额骤减。343.Thank you .It was very nice of you to help me. 谢谢你帮我,你真好。344.I am very impressed with her English. It was good. 我对她讲的英语印象很深。很流利。345.He was late again. It's typical of him to keep everybody waiting. 他又迟到了。他的特点就是让别人等他。346.She got very angry and started shouting at me. 她气极了,冲我大喊。347.I don't care for very hot weather. 我不喜欢热天。348.Sue accused me for being selfish. 苏指责我太自私。 349.Don't look out of the window and concentrate on your work. 别看窗外,专心工作。350.The bus was full. We couldn't get on. 车挤得满满的,我们上不去。 351.A woman got into the car and drove off. 一个女人钻进小车,飞驰而去。352.Sally is leaving tomorrow and coming back on Saturday. 莎莉明天走,星期六回来。353.When I touched him on the shoulder, he turned around. 我拍他的肩膀,他转了过来。 354.Sorry I am late. The car broke down. 抱歉我晚了,车坏了。355.Look out! There is a car coming. 小心,车来了。356.It was my first flight. I was nervous when the plane took off. 我第一次坐飞机,起飞时我有点紧张。 357.I was very tired this morning. I couldn't get up. 我早上很累,起不来。358.My French isn't very good but it is enough to get by. 我的法语不是太好,但应付一下也够了。359.Why did you run away from me? 你为什么从我身边跑开?360.You are walking too fast. I can't keep up with you. 你走得太快,我跟不上。361.Are you looking forward to your holiday? 你在盼着你的假期吗?362.Jack is trying to cut down on smoking. 杰克正试着戒烟。 363.They gave me a FORM and told me to fill it out. 他们给我一张表让我填。364.Please fill in the blanks when you are answering the test questions. 你考试时请把那些空填上。365.I think I'll throw away these newspapers. 我想我要扔了这些报纸。366.Sandy was so sick that she threw up all over the bathroom floor. 珊迪病了,吐了洗手间一地。367.I arranged to meet Jane after work last night but she didn't turn up. 我昨晚安排下班后见简,但她没来。368.That man was so disgusting, I was instantly turned off. 那男人真恶心,我立即拒绝了他。369.We all know how wonderful you are. There is no need to show off. 我们都知道你不错,没必要再买弄。 370.The taller, more charismatic of the two friends, out shined the other at the party. 那两个人又高又精神,在舞会上格外出众。371.If you make a mistake on the FORM, just cross it out. 如果填表出了错,划掉即可。372.She was offered a job as a translator, but she turned it down. 有人请她去作翻译,她拒绝了。373.Would you like to see the factory, I'd like to show you around. 你想参观一下工厂吗?我可以领你四处看看。374. Did you show up to the meeting yesterday?昨天你出席会议了吗?375. You are real genius! You have a lot of talent! You are so smart! 你真是个天才! 你有很多天分! 你很聪明!376. You are real genius! You have a lot of talent! You are so smart! 你真是个天才! 你有很多天分! 你很聪明!377. You really did a good job. 你干得非常出色。378. Your English is really amazing. 你的英语真令人惊讶。379. You are a wonderful teacher! Thanks a million! 你是个了不起的老师! 感谢!380. You look great in your new outfit. 你穿这件新外衣真是帅呆了。381.You have really good taste. 你很有品味。382.You’re such a gentleman. You have excellent manners. 你真是个绅士。你的举止非常优雅。383.You always know the right thing to do! You always know the right thing to say!你办事总是很得体! 你说话总是很得体!384.I admire your courage. 我很佩服你的勇气。385. I wish I could speak English as well as you do. I really envy you!我要是能讲那么好的英语该有多好啊!386.
Thanks a lot. Thanks a million! 非常感谢.万分感谢!387.Thank you for everything. 感谢你所做的一切![最全面的感谢!387. Thank you for all you’ve done for me. 感谢你为我所做的一切。388.
Thank you so much for teaching me English. 非常感谢你教我英语。389. I don’t know how to thank you enough. 我真不知道该怎么感谢你才好。390.
It’s very kind of you to help me. 你来帮我真是太好了。391. You’re so helpful/thoughtful/considerate. 你真是乐于助人/太周到了/太体贴了。392. I really appreciate you help. 非常感谢你的帮助。393. I’m very grateful to you for all of your help. 我真的很感激你所有的帮助。394. Thank you anyway./thanks all the same.还是要谢谢你.[即使别人没帮上忙,也别忘了说谢谢。395. There is only me in this world. 这世上只有一个我。396.
I’m unique! I’m different! I’m special! 我是独一无二的!我与众不同!397. I feel great! I feel fantastic! 我感觉棒极了!我感觉非常奇妙!398.
I’m in a good mood today. 我今天心情很好。399. I’m on top of the world. 我快乐极了。400.
Everything is perfect. 一切都很完美。401. I’m ready for any challenge! 我已准备应付任何挑战!402. The future is in my hands! It’s totally up to me! 未来尽在我掌握之中!完全取决于我!403.
I’m the best! I’m the greatest! I’m invincible! 我是最好的! 我是最伟大的! 我是不可征服的!404.
I’m born to succeed! 我生下来就是要成功的!405. You’re the best! 你是最好的!406. You’re one of a kind. 你非常特别。[这句话等于说You’re unique.]407. There’s no one like you. 没有人像你一样。408. Things will get better. 事情会好起来的。409. Everything will work out. 一切会好起来的。410. Don’t worry about it. It happens. 别担心,那是常有的事。411. It’s not the end of the world. 这又不是世界末日。/这没有多大关系。412. Look on the bright side. 要看事情光明的一面。413.
Don’t give up. 别放弃/别认输!414.
Hang in there. 坚持下去!/别松劲!415. Welcome to China! Welcome to our city! 欢迎到中国来!欢迎到我们的城市来!416.
I hope you’re enjoying your stay here 希望你在这里过的愉快。417.
How long have you been in China? 你在中国多长时间了?418. Is this your first trip to China? 这是你第一次来中国吗?419. Are you here on business or for pleasure? 你来这里是出差还有游玩?420. There are many interesting places here. I’d like to show you around. 这儿有很多有趣的地方,我愿意带你去看看。421. Please let me know if you need any help. 如果需要帮助,请你告诉。422. What’s your impression of China so far? 你对中国的印象如何?423.
Are you used to the life here? Does the weather agree with you? 你习惯这里的生活吗?你适应这里的气候吗?424.
How do you like Chinese food? Are you used to the food here? Does the food here agree with you? 你觉得中国菜如何?你习惯这里的食物吗?这里的食物合你的胃口吗?425. Could you help me with my English, please? 你能帮助我学英语吗?426. Could you please speak a little more slowly? 你可以说慢点吗?427. How do you pronounce this word? 这个单词怎么发音?428.
How do you say this in English? 这个用英语怎么说?429.
Tell me what you really think about my English. 请实话告诉我,我的英语怎么样?430. Can you read this sentence for me? 你能把这个句子给我读一下吗?431. Could you listen to me read these sentences? 听我读一读这些句子,好吗?432.
Can you give me some advice on my pronunciation? 你能就我的发音提一些建议吗?433. Please feel free to correct my mistakes when I speak to you. 我跟你说话的时候请纠正我的错误。434. Do you have any advice for learning English? 你对学习英语有什么建议吗?435.
China is a great country. 中国是个伟大的国家。436.
The Chinese are a great people. 中华民族就是一个伟大的民族。437. Chinese people are very friendly. 中国人民非常友好。438.
The history of China is long and rich. 中国历史悠久丰富。439. Chinese culture is very unique and interesting. 中国文化非常独特有趣。440. China has the largest population in the world. 中国是世界人口最多的国家。441.
China is a vast land rich in tourism resources. 中国地大物博,旅游资源丰富。442. China is developing very quickly. 中国发展很快。443.
Beijing will hold the 2008 Olympic Games. 北京将举办2008年奥运会。444. Great changes have taken place in China during the past twenty years. 我过去的20年中,中国发生了很大的变化。445.
I like English very much. 我非常喜欢英语。446.
I’m going to take the Crazy English Intensive Training Camp this summer. 我这个暑假要参加疯狂英语强化集训营。447.
I will call you later. 我会给你打电话的。448. I didn’t have breakfast this morning. 我今天早上没吃早餐。449.
I’m working on my English. 我正在努力学英语。450.
I was working the whole weekend. 我周末一直在工作。451.
I told you I would come. 我告诉过你我要来的。452.
I have never been to America. 我从来没去过美国。453. I had not even finished school when I got my first job. 我找到第一份工作时还没有毕业呢。454.
I have been learning English for ten years. 我学英语有十年了。455.
English is a beautiful language. 英语是一门美丽的语言。456. English is an international language. 英语是国际语言。457.
English is so useful. 英语真是有用。458.
I’m crazy about English. I’m dying to speak good English. 我非常喜欢英语。我非常想说流利的英语。459.
I need to practice more. 我要多加练习。460.
I’m determined to practice every day. 我决心每天练习。461.
My pronunciation needs work. I need to improve my pronunciation. 我的发音需要练习,我要改善我的发音。462.
I’m making progress every day. 我每天都在进步。463. I want to speak perfect English. I want to speak English like a native. 我希望我能说漂亮的英语,我希望我能像英语国家的人一样说英语。464. I will speak beautiful English. I will make lots of money. I will have great success! Iwill be somebody! I can make dreams come true!我要说一口漂亮的英语,我要挣很多钱,我要和的巨大的成功,我要成为名人,我能实现我的梦想。。465.
Pain past is pleasure! 过去的痛苦就是快乐!466. Don’t be shy, just try! 不要害羞,只管常识!467. I enjoy losing face! 我热爱丢脸!468.
No pain, no gain! 没有痛苦,就没有收获!469.
The shortest answer is doing! 最简短的回答就是干!470. Nothing is impossible to a willing heart. 心之所愿,无事不成。471.
All things are difficult before they are easy. 凡事必先难后易。472. Storms make trees take deeper roots. 暴风雨让树木深深扎根。473.
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. 这世上没有任何东西能代替坚持。474. If you can dream it, you can do it. 只要你想得到,你就做得到。当然,还有很多这样的语句。Of course, there are many such sentences.学习英语从点滴做起。加油!Start from the intravenous drip of learning English. Come on!}
1. “more than one + 单数名词”虽有复数概念,但习惯上用单数动词. 2. C.except that except可以跟从句. except + 从句 He cannot hide his feelings, except when the waiters ask if everything is all right. 除了在服务生问他是否觉得不舒服时之外,他无法掩藏自己的感觉. (P24) 本句中含有介词except + when引导的从句作状语,很多同学对此不理解,其实except除了接名词、代词、介词短语、动词不定式外,还可接从句.如: 1. Everybody except John looks down upon me. 除了约翰外别人都看不起我. 2. I looked everywhere except in the bedroom. 除了卧室外,别的地方我都找过了. 3. I know nothing about him except that he lives nearby. 除了知道他住在附近外,我对他一无所知. 4. It had no effect except to make him angry. 除了惹他生气外,没有任何结果. “more than one + 单数名词”虽有复数概念,但习惯上用单数动词. e.g.:More than one person is involved in this. 与此事有牵连的人不止一个. 类似的,“many a + 单数名词”也用单数动词. e.g.: Many a famous pop singer has been ruined by drugs. 很多著名的流行音乐歌手都因吸毒而毁了自己. (1)英文中主要有这样一些不定代词:every, each, both, all, either, neither, one, none, litter, few, many, much, other, another, some, any, no.另外还有由some, any, no和every构成的合成代词,如:somebody, anything, nothing等. ①both, either和neither 这三词都可以用来指两个人或两件事物,但各自的意义都不相同:both表示“两个都”、either表示“两个中的任何一个”、neither表示“两者都不……”.它们在句中都分别可以作主语、宾语、和定语,both还可以作同位语,如: Neither of us could help laughing. You may take either of the two books. Both of the books are helpful.两本书都很有益. Both of the books are not helpful. 并非两本书都很有益.Both用在含not的句中表示部分否定. Neither可以表示全部否定.如: Neither of the books are not helpful. ②all 在谈到三个或三个以上的人或事物时,或是不可数的事物时,我们都可以用all.它在句中可以充当主语、宾语、定语和同位语、表语,有时还可以作副词用.如: This is all he knew about it.(作表语) They were all covered with dust.(作副词) All 用在含not 的句子中表示部分否定,none 可以表示全否定.如: All of the answers are right. 所有的答案都是对的. All of the answers are not right. 并非所有的答案都是对的. Not all of the answers are right. 并非所有的答案都是对的. None of the answers is/are right. 所有的答案都是不对的. all 做主语时的谓语一致:all的单数由它所修饰或指代的名词的单数决定.如: All goes well. All the changes are weled by the people. all还可以用在一些词组中,如: all day 整天all night 整夜all this 所有这些 all the year round 整年all day long 一天到晚all the time 一直 ③each 和every each 和every 这两个词在中文里都有“每一个”的意思,但它们在句子里各自强调的侧重点却不同:every 从每个个体着眼而强调“整体”;而each 却是把一些东西一个一个地加以考虑,强调“各个”.every 只能作定语;each 则可以作主语,宾语,定语和同位语.另外,every 可用于【every other (或every+数词)+名词】的结构中,表示“每隔……”. 如:every other day每隔一天every three years每隔三年 every third year每隔三年every other line 每隔一行 every ten miles 每隔十英里 each 后可以接“of ”介词短语,表示“某些人或物中的每一个”,every 后不可以接“of”介词短语,everyone可以直接做主语,后面不跟of,但是every one of的结构十存在的. 不可以说:The teacher gave every of us a gift. 可以说:The teacher gave each of us a gift. 不可以说:The teacher gave everyone of us a gift. 可以说:The teacher gave every one of us a gift. each 用于做主语时,做单数对待.each 用于同位语时,谓语动词和主语保持一致.如: Each of us knows the matter. We each know the matter. every 与not 连用,表示部分否定;each和not连用表示全部否定.如: Every man is not honest. 并非每个人都真实. Each man is not honest. 这儿每个人都不诚实. ④one与ones 代替前面刚提到的人或事物以避免重复,one用来代替可数名词,有复数形式ones,所有格one’s和反身代词oneself .ones可以指代具体的人或者具体的东西,还可以泛指所有的人.如: This problem is a difficult one. 这个问题是个不好解决的问题. I don’t like colored envelopes .I like white ones. 我不喜欢花信封,我喜欢白的. This film is not as good as the one we saw last week. 这片子没有我们上周看的好. Modesty helps one go forward, whereas conceit makes one lag behind.(泛指)谦虚使人进步,骄傲使人落后. ⑤some 与any some 与any都相当于“一些”之意,但意思并不强,因此汉译时经常可省去“一些”这样的字眼.它们作定语时多,这时候some 多用于肯定句,any多用于否定句,疑问句或条件句.在表示请求,建议,反问或是希望得到肯定回答的疑问句中,常用some而不用any.另外,some 可与数词连用,表示“大约”的意思.如: Could you mind buying me some envelopes on your way to school? 你能在去上学的路上,帮我买几个信封吗? Will you give me some paper? 请给我一点纸. Some hundred teachers have moved into new houses. 约有百位教师搬进新居. The bridge was built some two hundred years ago. 这座桥大约建于两百年前. ⑥few, a few; little, a little的用法 few 和a few以及little和a little是两组差异相同词,但前一组用于可数名词,而后一组却用于不可数名词;另外few与little都有“几乎没有”的否定意思,few用于可数名词,little用于不可数名词;a few与a little表示“几个或一点”的肯定意思,a few用于可数名词,a little用于不可数名词. ⑦other, the other, another, others, the others Other不单独使用,其后一定出现名词,如:other people, other students. 当用于表示两个中的另一个时,用the other. The other既可单独使用,也可后接名词.当表示两个以上的人或物中其余的人或物时,用the others.当表示另外的,其他的人或物时用others.others后面不会出现名词,一般单独使用.表示无范围的“另一”时用another.如: I don’t like the red skirt. Will you please show me another one? He had his papers in one hand, his hat in the other. Eight of them are mine, the others are John’s. Don’t speak ill of others behind them. another +数词+名词=数词+more +名词,表示“再……”“另外……”.如: I want to buy another two books. =I want to buy two more books. Some…some…others…表示“一些,一些,另一些.” the other =the rest “其余的” the rest of…也可以表示“其余的……”可接复数名词,也可接不可数名词.如: the rest of the workers the rest of the money ⑧all/whole 两者都表示“全部”“整个”.他们的区别在于:all可接复数可数名词和不可数名词,而whole一般接单数可数名词.All可用于冠词或其他限定词前,而whole只用于冠词之后.如: The whole book is interesting. All the chapters are interesting. ⑨anyone/any one; no one/none/nothing anyone 仅指人,any one既可指人,也可指物.none后跟of 短语,既可指人又可指物,而no one只单独使用,又指人. none 作主语,谓语动词用单数,复数都可以,而no one作主语谓语动词只能时单数.如: None of you could lift it. 你们中没有人可举起它. ⑩it, one, that It 可指代可数名词和不可数名词.常常指代上文中“the+名词”或“物主代词+名词” 中的名词,表示同一件事物,it 代替的事物属于特指.它的副数形式是they 和them.如:The Parkers bought a new house but it need a lot of work before they can move in. One 所表示的名词(可指人或物)和前面所提到的名词只是同一类中的任何一个,不 是指其中某一个.不能代替不可数名词.复数形式是ones.如: I hope there are enough glasses for each guest to have one. That指代的也是同一类事物而不是同一个事物,但that代替的是有定冠词的名词,表 特指,它还可以代替不可数名词.用that来代替前面已出现的可数名词(that相当于the One) 或不可数名词时,后面一定要跟修饰语,且that只能指物.如: No bread eaten by man is so sweet as that earned by his own labor. 用于可数名词用语不可数名词 单数复数 none(of)指人或物 nobody指人,no one指人nothing指物 回答how many/much问句时,用none none(of)指人或物none(of)指人或物 no指人或物(=not a) He is no fool.(他绝不是蠢人)No指人或物(=not any+名词复数) No other+名词复数No(=not any+不可数名词) one(of)指人或物 one another Ones指人或物That指物 The weather here is better than that in Shanghai. Half(of)指人或物Half(of)指人或物Half(of)指物 the other指人或物 the other+名词单数指人或物(和连用)(the)others指人或物 (the)other+名词复数,指人或物(和some连用)(the)other+不可数名词,指物(和some连用) another指人或物 another+名词单数指人或物any others指人或物 some others指人或物________________ either(of)指人或物 neither(of)指人或物—————————————— ————both(of)指人或物 可作同位语We are both students. _______________ each(of),each one, each other指两个或两个以上的人或物.侧重个体.可作同位语We gave them a present each. ———————————— every每一个(作定语) every other day everybody(one)人 every one(of) 人或物指三个或三个以上的人和物.侧重全体.every two days ----------- ------- few(具有否定意义) a few, quite a few a good few little (具有否定意义) a little, a bit of ——————fewer(of),fewest(of) less(of), least(of) --------- several(of)几个 some someone something Some(of) Some more(+名词复数) Some(of) Some more(不可数名词) ——————many(of),more(of),most(of) much(of),more(of) most(of) ----------- Lots of许多, a lot(of)许多plenty of 很多,a great/good many numbers of a great/good/large number of大量的a quantity of, quantities of lots of许多,a lot(of)许多plenty of a很多a great/good deal/amount of大量的a quantity of, quantities of any(of)指人或物anyone, anything 用于否定,疑问和条件句中any(of)指人和物any things any more any(of)指物any more all(of)指人和物All is not gold that glisters all(of)指人和物可作同位语I know them all. We all know them well. all(of) I spent all of my on books enough(of) 指人和物enough(of)指物 such 指人和物such 指人和物such 指物 the last + 名词单数,指人或物the last + 名词复数,指人或物 the next + 名词单数,指人或物the next + 名词复数,指人或物 6. 疑问代词 疑问代词有who, whom, whose, what, which, whatever, whichever, whoever, whomever等.疑问代词用于构成特殊疑问句. (1)which和what which 用于哟眼一定选择范围的情况,what 用于无选择范围或究竟是什么还不清楚的情况. Which color do you like best-green, red or white? What color is her dress? (2) 疑问代词用于对介词提问时,介词和疑问代词通常一起放在句首. For what do most people live and work? 大部分人生活和工作的目的是什么? Much of what you say I agree with, but I cannot go all way with you. 你说的我大部分同意,但并不完全赞同. 7. 关系代词who(whom, whose), which和that 引导定语从句.当先行词为人或人格化的动物时.用who, whom, whose; 当先行词为无生命的东西时,用which, that, 适用于两种情况.关系代词的格取决于它在从句中的语法作用;关系代词如果在从句中作主语、表语,则用主格;如果作宾语则用宾语.如: This is the athlete who everybody says will win the gold at Winter Olympic Games.这就是那位人人都说会在冬季奥林匹克运动会上获金牌的运动员. The picture which has a house and flowers is the one I like best. 那张有房子和花的图画我最喜欢. (1)不用that的情况 ①在引导非限定性定语从句时 (错)The tree, that is four hundred years old, is very famous here. ②介词后不能用. We depend on the land from which we get our food. We depend on the land that/which get our food from. (2)只能用that作为定语从句的关系代词的情况 ①在不定代词,如:anything, nothing, the one, all, much, few, any, little等作先行词时,只用that, 不用which. ②先行词有the only, the very 修饰时,只用that. ③先行词杯序数词,数词,形容词最高级修饰时,只用that. ④先行词既有人,又有物时. 如: All that is needed is a supply of oil. 所需的只是供油问题. Finally, the thief handed everything that he had stolen to the police. 那贼最终把透的全部东西交给了警察. 8.相互代词 表示相互关系的代词叫相互代词,有each other 和one another 两组.Each other用于两个人或事情之间,one another用于两个以上的人或事物之间,但在现代英语终,这种区别已经不怎么强烈了.如: He put all the books beside each other/one another. 他把所有书并列摆放起来. Usually these *** all groups were independent of each other. 这些小团体通常时相互独立的. 相互代词可加“-s”构成所有格.如: The students borrowed each other’s notes. 学生们互借笔记. 【典型例题】 【例1】If one is not enough, take_______. A. one B. other C. the other D. another 【答案】D 【解析】other不可以单独存在,后面必须出现名词.The other表示两者终的另一个.One的指代不清楚.another表示“另一个.” 【例2】Some students are playing basketball, _______are listening to the music. A. another B. the other C. others D. other 【答案】C 【解析】the other表示两者终的另一个.another表示“另一个”.Other不可以单独存在,后面必须出现名词.Other表示“其余的”. 【例3】______of us like to play the game again. A. A good many B. A lots C. Many a D. Many 【答案】D 【解析】a good many许多,用来修饰可数名词.不可以接of结构;a lot of/lots of 许多,用来修饰可数名词和不可数名词. many a +可数名词单数形式,谓语动词用单数形式,意义上相当于many+可数名词. 【例4】What would you like for breakfast? _______will do so long as it fills my stomach. A. Anything B. Something C. Nothing D. Everything 【答案】A 【解析】so long as 只要.Anything will do=anything will be ok随便扫描都可以. 【例5】Which side shall I take hold of, this side or that side? You can take hold of _______ side. A. each B. either C. both D. every 【答案】B 【解析】every表示三者或三者以上的人物.Either表示两者终的任何一个. 【例6】--- When shall we meet again? --- Make it _______day you like; It’s all the same to me. A. one B. any C. another D. some 【答案】B 【解析】如果按照一般的语法规则“any用于疑问句和否定句,some用于肯定”而选D,这显然是脱离了具体的语境.由后面“It’s all the same to me.”判断,是让对方任定一天,any用于肯定句,表示“任何一个的”.雅思口语Part1一般会问大约12-15个问题,每个问题的时间大概为1-2分钟,总时间为2-4分钟左右。至于Part2,考生需要准备1分钟左右的个人陈述,然后进行2分钟的讨论。在这2分钟内,考生需要尽可能清晰、连贯地表达自己的观点和想法,并...
点击进入详情页本回答由无锡新航道裘老师提供}

我要回帖

更多关于 knot 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信