Genre: , ,
Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 17 Apr, 2014
Buy Agarest Zero
Packages that include this game
Buy Agarest: The Complete Saga
Includes 4 items:
Agarest: Generations of War, Agarest:Generations of War Premium Edition Upgrade, Agarest: Generations of War 2, Agarest: Generations of War Zero
Downloadable Content For This Game
Recent updates
The big day has arrived and Mugen Souls Z a PS3 JRPG from Idea Factory creators of the best selling Agarest series, Hyperdimension Neptunia and Fairy Fencer F. Mugen Souls has been released. Mugen Souls is priced at just $19.99, with a stunning 20% launch discount which will last for a week after launch.
If you want to know the differences between Mugen Souls Z and the first game I can recommend checking out
Join the super-powerful undisputed goddess, Chou-Chou, as she continues her quest to conquer the twelve Zodiac worlds and make everyone and everything her peon.
Created by Compile Heart, the developers of Fairy Fencer F and the Agarest and HyperDimension Neptunia series, Mugen Souls Z features free-roaming world maps and a brilliantly flexible turn-based battle system. With the ability to do billions of hit points worth of damage, a level cap of 9999 and some brilliant anime-style artwork, Mugen Souls Z is a game that will satisfy even the most hardcore JRPG player.
“All around, Agarest Zero is a great Strategy RPG that PC gamers should be delighted to have.”
“The story, the characters, the art style, and the addicting combat all tie in together to make a beautiful package.”
8.5/10 –
“For those wanting to delve deep in a grind-heavy SRPG that has a fun battle system, you should definitely check this game out.”
8/10 –
About This Game
Following hot on the heels of the number 1 top selling epic SRPG “Agarest: Generations Of War”, Ghostlight are proud to announce its prequel “Agarest: Generations Of War ZERO” bringing an enticing blend of in-depth strategy and epic multi-generational storytelling to Steam!
...From the void, the gods of darkness and light created Agarest, a most perfect and divine world.
As the generations passed, paradise sadly fell to the ravages of time.
War darkened the skies and Agarest soon became a torturous hell as the gods divided and immense armies clashed, desecrating the once beautiful land…
After many years with the war in deadlock, Sieghart, a young officer loyal to the armies of light, passes through the scarred mountains on a perilous mission.
There, he meets a strange girl and unknowingly changes the fate of the world forever.
Watch the story unfold as you battle the enemy hordes in over 80hrs in a compelling and innovative turn based-based combat system
Choose the path of Darkness or Light through a truly epic story, spanning multiple generations
Build your ultimate army of warriors and master Extra Skills, Special Arts and Over Kills to defeat colossal enemies!
Use the all new Card Skill System to create your hero’s unique persona.
Featuring stunning new and beautifully animated character portraits.
The Soul Breed System returns! Unite with your chosen bride to shape the fate of the next generation of heroes
Agarest: Generations of War ZERO contains many of the unique features found in the first release of the series such as Extended Areas allowing you to chain attacks together in huge combos, the Blacksmith’s Guild for experimentation in crafting of items and weapons and of course, the Soul Breed System where you must carefully choose your bride as this decision will directly affect following generations.
In addition to these existing game features, the following new features have been added:
The new Vacation Days allow you to get to know your party members better and unlock bonus items and locations by visiting various places in the towns.
Also, as you build your relationship with the rest of your party you will unlock new costumes for them to wear.
Character portraits displayed during conversations have been vastly improved with the implementation of Motion Portrait.
This brings characters to life with subtle animations really helping to enhance the stunning artwork.
With various other changes such as improved graphics and a brand new Card Skill System to allow you to customise your starting character, this is a prequel you won’t want to miss.
Exclusive to the PC version, this new and improved version of Agarest: Generations Of War ZERO now features Cloud Saving (which has also been added to Agarest: Generations Of War very recently).
We’ve also added the ability to decide which direction you wish the controls to be offset along with a revamp of the DLC menu giving you control to pick and choose how DLC is added to your existing saves.
As expected there is full mouse and keyboard support, full gamepad support, Steam achievements, higher resolution art and a number of other user interface changes to ensure that PC gamers receive the best gaming experience possible.
We are pleased to announce that a selection of collectible Steam Trading Cards are featured, whilst DLC is included in the game completely free of charge with other bundle packs of DLC available to purchase separately after release.
A Deputy's Gift Pack:
Contains 4 Flame elements, 4 Ice elements, 4 Thunder elements, 4 Wind elements, 4 Earth elements, 4 Darkness elements and 4 Light elements
Upgrade Pack 1: Contains 2 STR UP, 2 VIT Up, 2 Agi Up, 2 Int Up. 2 LUK Up and 2 Max HP Up
Healing Hand Pack: Contains Healing Hand Pack
Upgrade Pack 2:
Contains 2 STR UP+, 2 VIT Up+, 2 Agi Up+, 2 Int Up+. 2 LUK Up+ and 2 Max HP Up+
Health and Guard Pack: Contains 2 Marfile Seed, 2 Vessels of life, 1 Revive, 1 Dryad's Soul and 1 Requiem Bracelet
Legendary Items Pack: Contains 2 Divine Branch, 2 Unicorn Horn, 2 Moon Fragment, Magic Crystal Chip, 1 seed of Happiness and 1 Bracelet of Feicui
Dream Prophecy Pack: Contains 2 Damascus, 2 meteoric iron, 2 generation crystal, 2 lapis noster, 1 shiny fang and 1 whispered dream
Logistic Support 1: Contains railgun, divine guard, crystal bracelet, dark bracelet and bracelet of light
Fall from Grace Pack: Contains Big Black, Black bustier, Angel Halo and Angel Wing
Stout Defense Pack 1: Contains extra frame, chaos frame, Heaven's End and E.O.M
Squalid Chicken Pack: Contains rusty sword, rusty bracelet. rusty ring, funky chicken and chicken ring
Nobility Pack: Contains Princess Bustier, Princess's Tiara, Imperial Guar and levitation stone
Loral Beast Pack: Contains Seiryu's sword, Genbu's gauntlet, Byakko's Bracelet and Suzaku's Ring
Stout Defense Pack 2: Contains Dragon frame, Demon frame, Mighty ring, Dismal Sylph and Prometheus Bound
Extra Points Pack 1: Contains 5000 gold, 50PP 150TP and 250EP
Extra Points Pack 2: Contains 50000 gold, 150PP, 350TP and 5000EP
Add-on Dungeon 1: An Add-on Dungeon for Generation 1 - A new adventure awaits in the Fohites Ruins
Add-on Dungeon 2: An Add-on Dungeon for Generation 2 - Explore the Neige Snow Field
System Requirements
Minimum:
Processor: 2.13GHz Intel Core2 Duo or equivalent
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card with 64Mb RAM and support for v3 shaders
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 5 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Recommended:
Processor: 3GHz Intel i3 or equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card with 128Mb RAM and support for v3 shaders
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 5 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Agarest: Generations of War Zero (C)2014 COMPILE HEART / RED. Published under license by Ghostlight LTD.
More like this
Mostly Positive
(277 reviews)
Review Type
Positive&(215)
Negative&(63)
Purchase Type
Steam Purchasers&(277)
Key Activations&(1)
All Languages&(278)
Your Languages&(206)
Display As:
Most Helpful
205 reviews match the filters above
( Mostly Positive)
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
12 people found this review funny
In Agarest Zero, you play as an extremely generic desu hero and try to pick up all those kawaii waifu's so you can have children to fight the evil monsters that are invading the world.5/5 Sugoi gameBut really, it's a pretty solid tactical JRPG/Visual Novel. For the price of 19,99EUR i can certainly recommend purchasing it, especially when considering you get a ton of DLC with the purchase that wasn't free when the game was originally released on PS3.The game is rather long as well, your first playthrough might take about 60-80 hours to finish. You can also port over your character saves from Agarest: Generations of War for some extra stuff.
Was this review helpful?
1 person found this review funny
Agarest: Generations of War Zero is a Tactical Japanese Roleplaying Game a prequel to its predecessor.The story is set in the world of Agarest literally scarred by a war between the forces of light and darkness.The game starts with Sieghart a young commander of the Armies of Light and his division assigned to a special mission to collect some kind of trumph card that would win the war. They get attacked by the armies of darkness during this assignment and after repelling the attack Sieghart finds a girl cornered by a sort of lesser god a &Larva& he proceeds to rescue her but gets mortally wounded. In his last moments the girl asks him if he wishes to live and grants him power healing his wounds. This newfound power was more than enough to defeat the weak Larva.As a prequel the game has lots of references and assumes you know most things about its lore, I would recommend playing Agarest: Generations of War first if you plan to play this one, though not necessary as after ending the game you can make a new game+ in Extra Mode which allows you to play a digest version of the first game and you unlock profiles which enlighten you further.The game's art style is quite good, though some of the female characters have provocative clothing, it is far from what most people seem to describe. There is some fan service though which is completely secondary to the game, which are the CGs, appart from some that might be a little awkward, they are all very well done and are a nice little bonus.The voice acting and the translation I am not able to review thoroughly
as I don't know Japanese, but since I've watched enough anime (and asked the opinion of a few friends who understand Japanese) I'd say the translation is good apart from maybe a few exceptions. The Japanese voice acting like in most JRPGs is nice because it usually beats any english dub.The gameplay is the same as the first:- Turn based combat, in each turn you have a move phase and a action phase.- The party consists of 1 to 6 members.- Each turn you gain AP (action points) which allow you to move or attack.- During the move phase you are allowed to move your characters up to their move stat by spending 1 AP per square.- During the action phase you are allowed to attack (and be attacked) spending AP or both AP and SP for special attacks (called Ex Skills).- SP is gained by attacking, getting targeted, slaying an enemy or having a party member slain.- The order in the action phase is determined by a character's AGI and remaining AP for both party members and enemies.- There are also Extended Areas, which are different to each character, when you link characters through these you can strategize in various ways as they allow you to make combos with more than one character and attack monsters that would otherwise be out of the range of certain characters/attacks.- As you progress through the game you unlock fields, different fields have different sizes and different bonuses/penalties.I recommend watching a few gameplay videos or a video of the tutorial (if existant) as it would be much easier to understand.When compared to the first game, Agarest: Generations of War Zero has several improvements:- The game is slightly shorter which made part of the community happy (on the other hand it lost generations (from 5 to 2) and it has less characters, though you can still have Ellis, Dyshana, the protagonists and the heroines of the first game in Extra Mode and the others by DLC).-
Vacation Days which are events where you can interact with your party members in order to raise affection levels or unlock certain bonuses/secrets.- Costumes which are literally costumes for every female character which change depending on their affection level, these will only appear in Vacation Days unless chosen otherwise in the options menu (I regret to say that after unlocking the costumes it isn't possible to chose which one appears it will always be the one that corresponds to the affection level).- Card System, now this in my opinion is the best improvement you can costumize the first main character making him much more versatile than the one from the first Agarest.- The portraits are no longer static and are considerably better.- Beach scenes!- Vashtor in white armor, 'nuff said.Ignoring the last improvement, in all seriousness, the game is enjoyable (In my case I'd say a lot of fun as I've also played it before in PS3 and I'd say the PC version is better as I found it more fluid).Personally I just thank Ghostlight for porting JRPGs to PC since it has few when compared to consoles.
Was this review helpful?
Find your waifu, make a baby. Find your baby's waifu, make another baby. Waifu Simulator/10. Would buy.
Was this review helpful?
6 people found this review funny
As with the Origional, Zero is a true work of art. The Generation system is vastly improved from the original, and the affection system adds its own level of stratagy. The gameplay, while at first glance appears simple, is, in a word, &Multi-Layered&. Mastering Esoterica and Combination arts is key to not only surviving some of the most difficult battles, but also recieving some of the best items in the game. With that in mind, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Agarest Wiki that contains truely invaluable information on the game itself. While i love the game, I have to mention two dissapointments I have in concern to the actual game itself. First, the monster capture and combination system can be a boon to any player. If only for the Title System and the High End items you can get by using it. However, capturing monsters can be a chore sometimes, and often feels like a waste of time due to the grind required to max it out. Second, the blacksmithing system has one infuriating element that i wish they had eliminated from the origional. That is the Random Item system that occures while smithing. On occasion, while crafting items, instead of the desired item you recieve a random craftable item instead. This still uses the materials, and after 3000 craft attempts, I only recived one item I cared about, or was useful. Instead you generally recive items that are either utterly useless, or are low level and already abundant.As to the Steam download, it has one major glitch i was unable to remedy. Unfortunatly, there is a glich where on many characters in both conversation scenes and in the gallery, the characters images are obsucered by all the other alternate appearances being layered over eachother at the same time. This takes away from the character and story driven expreance that is essential to any JRPG.On a possitive note, the Steam DLC is absolutly fantastic. Without it, many cassual gamers may find the baseline grind to level up and aquire both Gold and EP to be a daunting task. After purchasing the DLC it was almost like starting a new game + without ever having to have played the game. I would recomend this series to anyone who enjoys JRPG's or RPG's in general. For a more epic experience I suggest playing the original and then loading over the completed game data to Zero.All in all, I'd give this game a solid 9 out of 10.As a simple footnote I would suggest that due to suggestive sexual content in this game, parental supervison is advised.
Was this review helpful?
16 people found this review funny
I like this game. The combat system is really interesting and cool. the character designs are great. The characters themselves are pretty cool. The storyline and setting are great. It's really repetitive. It's really repetitive. I'ts reeeeaaaallllyyyy repetitive. Every battle is basically the same throughout the whole game, just with different monsters. I know, a lot of games are like that. But you really start to feel it with this game. It's really repetitive. After a certain point in the second generation, the game has a huge upspike in difficulty, meaning each battle takes longer to do. I hate how it can take some of the greatest warriors in the continent, working together, a 20+ hit combo to kill a single slime. I'm 50 hours in, and I haven't even been grinding or anything and I've become bored. Maybe I'll finish it, maybe I won't. It's really repetitive.If you want to play this game to experience the story and stuff, I actually REALLY suggest playing it on easy. Maybe the battles will go quicker and it won't feel really repetitive and you won't become as disheartened as I have.It's really repetitive - 6.5/10
Was this review helpful?
5/10Agarest Zero is the prequel to Agarest: Generations of War. People who played the old Agarest will find that a few things have changed. Starting with the good improvements. A fast-forward option during dialogue, fully turn-based dungeons with no more analog crawling or suprise encounters, and a slightly more informative esoteric book. A simplified version of the original Agarest is build into the game, and can be unlocked if you play NG+ on hard. As long as you get True End in the Zero universe, you will unlock True End in the Agarest vanilla universe automatically. You can unlock various vanilla characters and combine them into your zero party for maximum choice.There are bad points too. For one, there are only two generations instead of five, although unlike Leonheardt who was stuck with a sword, you will have some control over Sieghart's weapon. The True End mechanic is also different, it being dependent on relationship scores and less than a handful of crucial storyline choices. You will not unlock the true ending unless you are famil it is possible to get all nine women in the group to love you maximally, but unless you get somewhere close to that you won't get the true ending. The game is faster-paced due to less generations, but not fast-paced enough to warrent repeated crapshoots on the dating sim mechanic only to find out that you fail true end again and again. If you follow the True End guide for Zero on Agarest Wiki to a tee, it is a linear process and you can unlock it. But then Sieghart/Leonis will not feel like they have any consistent preference or personality. It will just be hardcore pragmatic metagaming.On an important tangent, this game may be a little bit less friendly to female gamers than the vanilla game, because of the much more increased emphasis on the dating sim aspect. Women-to-women conversations in this game are also more superficial than vanillla. Female gamers can consider themselves warned.It is a game with pros and cons, but if you liked the original Agarest then you might as well get Zero because it comes with a simplified version of the original game plus the interface improvements.
Was this review helpful?
Keep in mind this is a quick review to help people decide if the game is worth a look at this price. I've played about thirty minutes or so thus far, but I will keep updating this review as I come across more parts of the game.Agarest is a fantasy tactical role playing game, much like Final Fantasy Tactics or Fire Emblem. Straight out of the heart of Japan with its flashy style and exaggerated character designs, this game drew me in right away with its setting and characters. It l the game making sure that it introduces the characters and teaches you about the combat for thirty minutes minutes before FINALLY getting into the good stuff in regards to the story and character creation wasn't a good call, but it lays the groundwork for the story ahead. The real problem isn't the length of the opening in and of itself, though. It's the tutorial segments. The tutorial is drawn out and doesn't teach you anything you wouldn't know from playing any tactical role playing game. The characters and writing are on full display as you're taught the mechanics, making sure that you're at least slightly entertained, and they give you what you should well expect: flashy and fun attacks with all of the functionality you should expect from a game like this. But it's only exactly what you'd expect, and if you're going to demand total attention from the player like this, you need to be introducing things that players wouldn't know off the bat, and it just doesn't have any features like that in that first segment. Eventually, it does get into some new features, but at the time of writing, after going at this game for nearly an hour, I'd only just finished the tutorial and I'd only learned two things from the game that I wouldn't have known otherwise from playing other ones. Just two. When this game says 60-80 hours, it means it, but if this is the way that they're going to stretch out the playtime, I'm a bit wary. Still, they were able to cram a good bit of story in that time, too, and I actually rather enjoy it so far!This is a story-driven game, and make no mistake, it shows clear signs of the style it was drawn in.
From only being voice acted in Japanese, to the tropes that are made evident from the first moments of the game, it is made clear from the get go that this is a game that's going to follow the trends of anime in regards to its story and characters. If you aren't fond of that, you may be better off looking elsewhere for your fantasy tactical role-playing game fix.
But I am, and trust me, you have never seen a game that makes you think that you're watching an episode of anime more when you get past that tutorial and start the first boss fight. It's surreal to watch.From what I can tell, you're going to be in for an anime style game with stylish combat and a kickass story. If the story doesn't grab you, you're going to be waiting a long time for gameplay to kick in, because you have to go through a LOT of dialogue, but the gameplay itself is solid , and I can already tell the combo system is going to lead to plenty of fun down the road.First impressions? Grab it.
Was this review helpful?
Short summary: This is an amazing turn based strategy game with unique weapons, and a huge variety of characters and unlockable skills. This game is similair to fire emblem combat system, and has a cliche but an entertaining story. There are several events, and incorporates the oh so common dating sims the japanese love as well. One of the best part of the game is without a doubt, the creation of your character, where it is a tarot card system, which randomizes your character in the vague direction you build him to be. Synopsis: Record of Agarest War Zero is the prequel to Record of Agarest War. The tale follows Sieghart, an army commander who gains magical powers from a strange woman named Mimel. Blossoming from this setup, Record of Agarest War Zero is a slow-paced tale treading on familiar territory: the world is in danger and it's up to a small band of warriors to set things right.Combat: Record of Agarest War Zero's shining light is combat. Moving characters into position like a chess board is a challenging undertaking, but a rewarding one. Depending on which square characters occupy, they can link to other characters to unleash joint attacks with powerful results. But it's the calculated movement of sprites into position that makes exciting battles. While the terrain is flat and backgrounds repetitive, the environment is still a non-factor like the original Agarest War. The strategic requirements of success are fulfilling for all strategy fans. (Battles dish out experience like candy, yet money feels constantly tight.)Gameplay:
The Agarest War series is different from other strategy games is that the story is split over multiple generations. When the curtain finally closes on Sieghart's side of the story, it's his offspring with the maiden-of-highest-regard that carries on the tale into future years. You are also forced to progress along a fixed path, forced to stop at each dot along the way for a battle. These often have no bearing on the plot and are simply there to make the journey from one chapter to the next take as long as possible.(although if the battle does indeed get too tedious, pressing q will turn on auto battle. A word of advice is use it on enemies you will dominate, due to the fact that the auto A.I is not the best.)Overall, i love this game, while it may say i only have 10 hours or so, i have the rest of the series on my ps3, with a total over 200 hours, a great game focusing on turn based strategy, and dating sim like playthrough.
Was this review helpful?
Pro- Good Storyline. - Nice Japanese Characters' Sound. - Great Skill Animations and Many Combination Attacks. Well done !- Character Creation. (This feature is not in the first game of this series.)- Good Artworks.- Game Systems is not too hard to Understand.- Cursor offsets (Left and Right). Well this is good option. (Should be on the first game too)- New Affection Icon. (Easier to understand but less feeling)- New Dungeon System (Easier to explore)- Two ways ending- Secret Achievements !! (I realized that some achievement are not in the list)- Maybe More LaterCon- Annoyed Tutorial. (On 1st run you should let player decide just like the first game) (-1)- Character Creation. (Lack of information) (-.5)- A little bug. (*Game freeze in some cases but its okay) (-.25)- Costume DLC unavailable for PC yet (-1)- A little low FPS. (Fixed by editing .ini file) (-0)- Tracking system needed (Battle information eg. monster killed, battles, etc) (-.25)- Maybe More Later7/10* Game freeze / When the blacksmith guy did something wrong in smithing. I opened steam overlay right after the item name is up and disappeared. And then the game got freeze ! I have no idea what heppened.
Was this review helpful?
3 people found this review funny
This is more of a soft no than a hard one (wish there was a rating system honestly.)
The games okay, I rather like the graphics for the most part, and the plot and characters make me want to keep playing.
That said the combat is what is making me uninstall it.
Just not my thing, and I love these type games.I'll be honest and say that some of this is probably due to my only 4 hours of play time.
But for starters, ingame it is rather poorly explained what the differences between the skills are (why use blast instead of rush, what are my miss chances, is regular damage the same as break damage or is that only for filling the break meter, that sort of thing).
The details screen you can pull up really explains very little.
I could live with this really.
What lost me though the linking system.
I just really don't like this mechanic, makes fights feel far longer and less tactical than they should.
Felt like I spent all my time looking for glowing squares for linking people and trying to maximize the number of combos in the action screen I could pull off than trying to outsmart/outposition the enemy and make use of terrain.
Doesn't help that the view needs tilted up a few more degrees, it's rather hard to make stuff out sometimes even with changing the direction.I really want to like this game, but it's just not happening.
Was this review helpful?
Ghostlight have once again provided a flawless PC port of another wonderful JRPG, with a full range of resolution options, solid framerate and performance, and excellent default control schemes for both controllers and KB/M.Agarest Zero is a story-driven strategy rpg with a battle system a little more complicated than the standard SRPG systems but fans of Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy tactics will feel right at home.The character customisation system was fun in that it felt almost completely arbitrary, it used some kind of Tarot card type system, where you picked random things and cards which then affected how your character was built (both stats and abilities).Overall, I have had tremendous fun and I highly recommend it to all JRPG fans.
Best one of all of Agarest games in my opinion. Will have you hooked until the end.
Great for anime and tactical fans, not as good as the main series though.
This is a great prequel to one of the best tactics games I have played since Final Fantasy Tactics. If you love the first one, you will definately love this one as well. :)
I don't think I've seen or played a worse tactical turn based isometric RPG in my god damned life.From the top:-Art is ????ing atrocious. Muppet mouths, creepy soulless eyes even for an anime character, sprites have very rudimentary animation, shortcuts everywhere. No character even has a ????ing walk cycle. They float around on the battlefield. Attacks are only animated from one direction. In short, it looks like ????.-Music is confusingly bad. Very generic bad rock music one moment, bloopy horns with a vaguely villainous vibe the next, then an annoying synth track for no reason. It's bad. Really bad. Sound effects are even worse, especially in menus. Everything has to have a way too loud, and way too long sound.-Gameplay is generic, watered down, and just bad. Tutorial is front loaded with extraneous info and terrible animation.-Dialogue is forced and weak. Extremely unfunny attempts at humor. The muppet mouths just makes the voice acting terrible. Considering the main draw of this game is to look at anime girls and try to date them, the fact that the art is crap and the dialogue is terrible results in a boring, soulless void which begs the question of: WHY.-Creating your character class is about as insanely vague as it could be. &Choose 5 cards out of these 24 to define what weapons your character is good at.& Despite the fact the game takes place in a fantasy medieval setting, the cards display modern styled handgun pistols. I didn't play long enough to find out if you actually run around with a ????ing beretta capping orcs in the face.-Getting back to the art, cuz it's really that bad. The monsters have animu eyes. It looks hilarious. ????ing terrible.I wouldn't even recommend this game if you're looking for some laughs. I have a migraine now. I don't know how this game got in my steam library but I wish I could delete it forever.
Total JRPG Cliche game
Product received for free
Generations of War Zero is the second installment of the Agarest storyline. This review will be somewhat short as it vastly resembles what I wrote about the first one.Pros:1. Offered a prelude to the background story of the first installment which enlightened me on certain concepts that were used in the first but was not thoroughly explained.2. Characters were we could definitely see where they resembles characters in the first.3. Improvement on the battle system most welcomed. However, once again, this company comes back with the inane...alright will explain in the con.4, Monsters and graphics was improved for battle areas.5. Pro for me, but may not be for others is...long gameplay required to complete which is engaging and can be absolutely comical.Cons:1. Some things are lost in translation. I dont...know what...the hell the card thing in the beginning affected really. It was poorly explained.2. Yes, I played at th BUT BUUUT, there is this absolutely ridiculous jump in difficulty at times in these games and it is unexplainable even when I am vastly overleveled. Boom you just 'dead' in like one hit. Really fam, come again.3. This ??????? true ending business...listen...I dont know what to do to get the true ending. There is no hint or suggestion even after I completed the game, how to get it and also, I am kinda finguring out what it may be but seriously now, there must be a way to understand how to proceed.4. Lastly, it was definitely shorter and doesnt mean it fell far from the face...but I always wonder why the endings of all these games seem rushed or not fulfilling...Maybe its because I havent gotten the true ending.5. I didnt address this in my first game of the series, but I am gonna do it here. Aumm listen... if the game cost $20.00, tell me why the DLC
collectively cost as much as close to $100? Maybe unnuh lose some screw up there while adding price to those things. Like 10 dollars for voices. Eeeeh, really fam? come again.Overall great game that I would recommend to others interested in JPRG games.P.S NO I DID NOT RECEIVED LE GAME FOR FREE! BOUGHT IT WITH ME OWN MONIES..sorry didnt untick the box and cant edit that.
This game is a Tactical RPG, with an affection system with several female members.The main problem with this game is that the heart of the gameplay, the tactical fighting is incredibly boring. Each battle is set on a board delimited with squares (which is usually the norm) and each character has &combo tiles& linked with them. That means that if another character is staying in one of those, you can chain both characters and possibly chain skills which become even better skills. Sounds cool actually right? Well in theory yes... but since all characters have different combo tiles, you are pretty much forced to move the team in a certain way to combo, even if the positioning makes no sense. The combo system being the heart of the game, you can't really win without and essentially all battles will turn into a move A to that space, move B there so they can combo, so C has to be there and D there etc... It made the game horribly repetitive even for a TRPG and I abandoned after a few hours...
I recommend this game only to people who played first Agarest game and actually enjoyed it. This prequel has a lot of improvements that will satisfy Agarest fans, yet suffers from the same problems first game did - repetitiveness, big yet empty and dull world, a lot of grind, flat and predictable characters. Apparently some users have stability issues with it as well. I was willing to give this game a chance at first, but crashes every 2-3 battles quickly convinced me otherwise.
I love this game, BUT you need to ignore Character creation and google for good builds.Unless you wanna waste your time trying to find 1 really good build out of the 53,000+ weapon card combinations for each class card.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Agarest Zero
Agarest: The Complete Saga
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile website}

我要回帖

更多关于 梦幻之星zero好玩吗 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信