Includes 14 Steam Achievements
Title: Blues and Bullets
Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 23 Jul, 2015
Game Connection Excellence in Story & StoryTelling
Gamelab 2015 Best Indie Game
Buy Blues and Bullets - Episode 1
Buy Blues and Bullets - Complete Season (Episodes 1-5)
Buy Blues and Bullets - Complete Season + OST + Comic
Buy Blues and Bullets - Season Pass (Episodes 2-5)
Downloadable Content For This Game
Recent updates
Yes, you were right.
You know we're taking our time to release each episode because we want to do it right. And offering you just the season pass for buying the next episodes might be a bit unfair.
So, that's why we've decided to offer you guys the possibility to buy it separately from the bundle :)
Thank you all for your feedback. We love Blues and Bullets and it won't be the same without you.
And as a reward for your patience, we've also decided to set a 25% discount on every Blues and Bullets product until May 22!
Thank you guys, we really appreciate it and see you in the next weeks with some news on Episode 3!
“Blues and Bullets is a showcase in how to open the story of an episodic videogame.”
90 –
“Technically speaking, the first episode of Blues and Bullets is undeniably impressive.”
85 –
“Blues and Bullets is an excellent game, it is as simple as that. From the aesthetic, to the story, to the characters, it is designed with such care and attention to detail that you cannot help but admire the work of developers A Crowd of Monsters.”
About This Game
Eliot Ness, the former leader of the legendary Untouchables, wished only to spend the rest of his days working in his diner, not dwelling too much on the cesspit of corruption his city, Santa Esperanza, had degenerated into.
But things rarely go as planned.
When children suddenly start to disappear and the police just simply a blind eye, Eliot decides to take the law into his own hands, track down the culprit and bring him to justice by any means necessary, even if he has to abandon his dreams of a peaceful life and again get embroiled in shootouts with the usual array of assassins and hoodlums.
Helped by various characters from some unexpected places, the player must guide Eliot through the increasingly morbid and decadent scenarios searching for clues to solve the cases in the five episodes of this season's Blues and Bullets.
System Requirements
SteamOS + Linux
Minimum:
Memory: 4 GB RAM
DirectX: Version 9.0
Storage: 4 GB available space
Minimum:
Minimum:
Blues and Bullets developed by A Crowd Of Monsters, published by A Crowd of Monsters. (C) 2015 A Crowd Of Monsters. Blues and Bullets and A Crowd Of Monsters are trademarks or registered trademarks of A Crowd Of Monsters. All other trademarks, copyrights and logos are property of their respective owners.
More like this
(34 reviews)
Very Positive
(784 reviews)
Review Type
Positive&(731)
Negative&(127)
Purchase Type
Steam Purchasers&(784)
Key Activations&(74)
All Languages&(858)
Your Languages&(364)
Display As:
Most Helpful
345 reviews match the filters above
( Very Positive)
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
As far as I loved what I seen, (Great voice acting, with geralt of rivia voice ! story seems great, the ost is great, the artstyle too, the game itself is really really good)I just can't recommended it, it's been one year and almost 3 month since the release of the first episode and we only got the episode two since then some month ago, that's right, more than a year and only the second episode, devs are silent since month too.For me the game will never be completed and people like me that buyed the season pass got pretty much robbed.
Was this review helpful?
I'd give this game a thumbs up if I'd know for certain that I'll receive a finished product until the end of this year. Sadly, this is not the case.After episode 2, which was released half a year ago, the developers went silent and didn't release any information regarding the development anymore, apart from a lukewarm plead to their customers to be patient.Sorry, patience is up. With the last general news update on the company's
website dating from June 23rd and no further info whatsoever I've given up hope. So here's a fair warning:Don't buy this game unless you see a finished product, meaning a complete Season 1.
Was this review helpful?
Don't buy this or any unfinished episodic games on Steam. If the game goes out of development before it is finished, as this one apparently has, Steam will not even discuss the possibility of refunding the money you paid for a completed game. Very unhappy with Steam &support& at this point.
Was this review helpful?
At first it's about finding Al Capone's granddaughter.Then they go to same café, where every video game character are waiting for their Episode 3Did Gabe Newell buy the rights of Blues and Bullets or what?The first two episodes were great,
but it has been 8 months since 2nd episode came out. And Developer went silent for their customers + their website no longer exist.So I think this game now turned into dead project
Was this review helpful?
This is a great game.
It's a combination of telltale-style light adventure, detective investigation, and some arcade shooting.
It has great camera work and voice acting, and the script is far better than average.
It has some nice takes on cutscenes and flashbacks which avoid you having to sit passively and watch.
For example, one is a gunfight using words from the narration as cover.
The game takes place in a fantasy ganster city that is inspired by history, though some details are changed.
For example, the floating Hindenburg (or possibly a tribute) is now gigantic and a lavish hotel.In this game, Al Capone is alive and relatively healthy after his jail term.
His granddaughter has been kidnapped, and Capone recruits a retired detective to find her.
Weird cultists and violent murderers are involved in some way.So, it's a beautiful game, and I like it very much, which is why I'm recommending it.
However, it has some problems which will be deal-breakers for many.
They aren't for me, but I'm going to discuss them so you will be informed.
First, the game is incomplete.
Two episodes have been released at the time of this review.
The game has a huge vision and (apparently, speaking as an outsider) a tiny budget.
There was a long time between episodes one and two, and it's been a long time since episode two with no news.
I personally am only buying episodes one at a time because of this.Secondly, the controls are very sluggish.
We can say the main character is a man who never hurries, but in truth the character's movement is very restricted, and it can be difficult to get him where you want him to go.
Investigating crime scenes requires you to move in front of hot spots with the left stick and then move the right stick until you are directly facing the clickable area.
You can see the button prompt, but you can't use it until you are in exactly the right place, which gets frustrating.Thirdly, there are some smaller issues.
Don't expect accurate history from the game.
And, prepare for accents that are all over the map.
It helps that the game is not set in a real city, but I was still annoyed that only one character sounds close to being from Chicago.
The game really earns its age rating, so don't expect the violence to be stylish.
It's pretty gross in spots.
Finally, the animation is not great, just okay.Summary:Characters +Plot +Voice Work +Writing +Detective Mechanics
+Pacing/Immersive Techniques +Rampant Gore +/-Animation -Unfinished Game -Sluggish Controls -Inaccurate as Nonfiction -
Was this review helpful?
6 people found this review funny
This review has no spoilers of the game or storyIf you enjoy story-driven games of the kind of Life is Strange, Telltale games, or David Cage games you will probably love this game to death. This is a Noir/Detective game that has similar gameplay to Life is Strange and LA Noire. What you do is that you are a detective by the name of Eliot Ness, the former leader of the Untouchables as you look for clues as you uconver the mysteries of a missing girl. VISUALSThe visuals are amazing in a indie Unity title. You might of never even knew it was a Unity game until you saw this post because even I had to do some digging to find this out. The game has a black/white look to it with a splash of red just like the movie Sin City. The game's overall design really reminds me of Bioshock 1 with its classic look but with it's own originality. The enviornment down to the models have been done beautifully. You would of never thought this was made by such a small team. This game is true art. StoryThe story is riddled with the mafia, murder, and mystery. What can I say? It is simply amazing. The first episode of the game as stated by developers took &150 pages& to write up. The story lets you chose what you want to say and how you want to act during certain situations giving the player choice and to be able to put themselves in the shoes of Eliot Ness. The story is filled with refrences to Film and video games, its just brilliant to me how well this was put together. You will be surprised what this mystery turns into as you play Episode 1.SOUNDThe voice actors do an amazing job in this game, never did I sit there laughing at a bad performance. The actors do a great job representing their role within the game world. The soundtrack is actually exclusively written by a blues muscian from my research into the game which is really cool. The opening track was written just for this game and honestly it sounds AMAZING.Honestly I give it a 9/10 for Episode 1Check it out :)
Was this review helpful?
5 people found this review funny
Blues and Bullets is an episodic alternative history noir game developed by A Crowd of Monsters. The first episode was released in July 2015 with the second due to be released in March of 2016. I will keep this review updated with each chapter I complete.Gameplay takes place in third person as you control Eliot Ness, the police officer who caught and locked up the great, Al Capone. Eliot has now retired from being a cop and runs his own diner, called Blues and Bullets.
This game reminded me quite a bit of L.A Noire as you search for clues for a crime. There is only one crime scene to investigate in this episode but it is a gruesome one at that. There is a small element of gun play, which i it is done via an “on rails” mechanic similar to that of Time Crisis or Blue Estate. The gun play so far has a very small part to play in the game overall.
Graphically, the game is represented in a black and white noir style visual. This art style just looks awesome, whilst the graphics themselves aren’t stunningly good, the black and white tricks your eyes into thinking it is better looking than it actually it. The animation is slightly on the poor side, but nothing that can’t be ignored.
Eliot is voiced by none other than Doug Cockle (the voice of Geralt from the Witcher franchise), and the rest of the voice acting is all done to a very high quality. I was completely hooked onto the story right from the start of the game, there isn’t a slow ramp in excitement like most adventure games like this, and you get right into the nitty-gritty from the get-go. The ending of episode 1 leaves you wanting more as the plot takes a huge turn of events. There are plans for there to be another 4 episodes released, I am hoping they speed up the development cycle of them, as I think 9 months between episodes is a bit too much in my opinion. There isn’t any aspect of difficulty in episode 1, the only real puzzle can be completed with just a matter of trial and error and the gun play scenes have checkpoints at every corner so even if you do die, you don’t have to replay a whole lot of content. I am looking forward to see how they make the gameplay elements of this game have more of a challenge in future episodes. Episode 1 took me just about t this was with finding all interactable objects throughout the scenes to get an achievement. I found out at the end of the chapter, that finding all of these objects unlocks a “Bobble head” mode, which is always a classic cheat mode that used to be included in game. It will be interesting to see whether you can activate this mode in future episodes or whether it is only to be used in episodes you have already completed! Sadly I did have a couple of technical problems with Blues and Bullets. I suffered two random crashes of the game that took me straight back to desktop, with no error message or warnings. There were no signs that the game was suffering performance issues, it did only happen when completing a scene, never mid gameplay. Thankfully the game saves at the end of each scene you complete, but this does leave room for game save file corruption.
The game can be played wit normally for third person view games I opt for a keyboard and mouse controls, especially ones with any form of gunplay, sadly I could not do it with Blues and Bullets. Firstly the onscreen controls do not show a only Xbox controls. Secondly, the cursor in game has a fairly big glitch where it just shows as a blank white square. You have to move your cursor to the bottom right hand corner of the screen for it not to be visible even when using a controller. To sum up, Blues and Bullets is so far a very interesting adventure game that has a lot of potential. Hopefully the technical problems are cleaned up before the next release of the series comes out. If you are a fan of the Noire themed films and games, this game is definitely going to be for you. It’s a fairly quick paced game which is something that a lot of adventure games can’t boast about so even the casual players amongst you will definitely get some enjoyment here.
If you are on the fence about the game still, you can purchase just episode 1 for ?3,99 which should give you a good amount of content to see whether you will enjoy the rest of the series, provided the developers don’t change it drastically or you can purchase the complete season for ?14,99. Right now I would be completely happy paying ?14,99 for this season, it does a lot of things right and the only negative points are technical problems which will hopefully be patched in the future.
Tom's Score Card1) Stay away2) Not Recommended3) Only recommended when on sale4) Recommended5) Highly recommended6) This is a must playIf you found this review helpful, please give it a thumbs up. If you would also like to follow my reviews more easily, be sure to join my group by clicking .You may also be interested in checking out a PC gaming podcast, be sure to head
Was this review helpful?
Fantastic game.
Very engaging and mature story.
Youc an see the devs didn't have the biggest budget but they went above and beyond creatively to eclipse that obstacle.
I highlgy recomend the game for likeable characters, very interesting story and mystery and I grealty await the second episode.
Was this review helpful?
4 people found this review funny
Can I hug the developers, please? Oh, the game, right. TL;DR: Blues and Bullets plays like many recent (and not so recent) Telltale titles, but with less emphasis on being a movie with 3,5 buttons to press and more empha and feels like Tex Murphy games that went easy on jokes and went hard on brooding. Oh, and there's some
case solving with Murdered: Soul Suspect vibes.Solid noir setting and appropriate visuals? Check.Brisk characters coupled with nice voice acting? Check.A compelling detective whodunit? Check. Definitely worth checking out if you're into trenchcoat aesthetics.
Was this review helpful?
Blues and Bullets is an episodic noir-detective click-and-point game.Although the click and point is not as important as in many other games.Graphics 8 of 10The graphics fit the game like a glove.The only colors present in the game are black and white with sometimes a dash of red. Just perfect.Music
8 of 10 The music is consistent with the era the setting takes place , think of 1920ies. Jazz tunes and so and classical suspense background music and sounds. Really nice. The voice acting was generally good although there are some characters that sound offbeat and kind of fake.
Gameplay 7.5 of 10 I have mixed feelings about the gameplay. Overall it's okay with quite some QTE taking place. But I wish there was an option to actually run and not stumbling forward , like slow motion and all. But I really do like the detective mode, where you have to find clues to solve some of the mysteries that take place in the event of the game.Story
8.5 of 10 Without spoiling the story I must say that I truly enjoyed it and it's hard having to wait for the next episode to be released. Basically you are an ex- cop who's got quite some issues and still has one open case to solve before he can find peace. That's said enough.
Was this review helpful?
DISCLAIMER: This review applies only to Episodes 1 & 2.This is a promising series, that is disappointingly not yet finished.
Things feel a little clunky and the character models look a little dated, but if you can look past that you'll find an enjoy a blend of Telltale-style adventure gameplay, Sin City aesthetics, Sherlock Holmes deduction boards and an intriguing mystery.It's worth a look, but I'd wait for a sale -- especially if you intend to pay up-front for Episodes 3-5, since they're taking a while.
I loved the first 2 episodes of this game. The story has been amazing so far, it offers a unique story with twists and turns and the use of historical entities in a fantasy scenario has been fun. The black and white with red works well with the setting of the game and graphically I love the style they used. The voice acting is pretty decent too. Gameplay is fairly similar to something like the TellTale series, where it has limited options and controls. But it's still a fun game and the story and art style keeps me glued to the game until I binge the entire episode in one sitting.With all of these GREAT elements though lies a HUGE issue... You may never get to finish the story. Episode releases are near non-existent, with one every 6 months or so. I loved the game so much that I could have lived with this, if only the devs would keep us updated. But the devs lack of communication have made me think that this game is most likely abandon or in limbo now with rumors that some of the artists ect. have left the team. I got so frustrated and felt ripped off that I asked for a refund on my season pass and after alot of scratching and clawing with Steam support finally got one...If you want to start a fairly decent game with an interesting story and graphical scheme and don't mind that you may never get to finish the story... It might be worth checking out, because I have enjoyed the first 2 episodes. But if you do get it, personally I'd suggest getting just episode 1 and episode 2, avoid the season pass atleast until more episodes are released because at this point there's a chance that you'll never see the final 3 episodes.
Game has fantastic atmosphere, storyline, voice acting, and choice options. However I cannot recommend it because it appears it has been abandoned and the people who have bought this game have been robbed. I stopped playing this after 40 minutes because I had heard of the issues the developers were facing and that the game might never be completed. So i attempted to get a refund a month after purchase date (only 40 minutes of play time) and Steam has repeatedly rejected my refund request which is itself robbery on their part. I expected better from them and the developers.
Very cool game. A great game, along with a film noir atmosphere, this game really delivers. I am looking forward to see how the game progresses. If this game was in colour, it would loose it's atmosphere.The controls (keys) seem to be a bit wonky, but I can overlook that. Well worth playing
I absolutely LOVE the story of this game! That being said its like getting super involved in a TV show only for it to be cancelled before the end of the first season. No one knows if episodes 3,4, and 5 are still in development or not but if i'm not mistaken it was a 9 month wait between episodes 1 and 2. Now at the time of this review it has been almost 7 months since the release of episode 2 (for PC users at least) and there have been no updates by the developer about episode 3. Episodic releases for games is still a fairly new thing and with someone like Telltale you can rely on them to have the episodes out in a decent amount of time from each other (2 or 3 months at the most). But with a Crowd of Monsters and this game I don't think they should have started releasing episodes before they were a couple episodes ahead development wise. For instance release episode 1 when they finish developing episode 3 and have two months between each episode. Then the community wouldn't be so mad. If you want to compare it to how episodic TV is produced and released, they don't start airing a TV season until they have the entire season done filming. That way there is only a short time between the episodes and the fanbase doesn't give up hope for getting a conclusive story. The sad part is even when A Crowd of Monsters finish the other episodes of this game and have released them a large portion of the community will have given up and moved on to other games. So as far as the actual game goes I love the story telling and the gameplay. However it is definetely not for people looking for a &Call of Duty& type, fast paced, mindless game. Its great but until the other episodes are released I can't recommend buying it.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Blues and Bullets - Episode 1
Blues and Bullets - Complete Season (Episodes 1-5)
Blues and Bullets - Complete Season + OST + Comic
Blues and Bullets - Season Pass (Episodes 2-5)
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile website}

我要回帖

更多关于 blues and bullets 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信