$8,025,000
$25,063,000
Happy Feet
$7,835,000
$176,152,000
The Holiday
$6,780,000
$50,011,000
Another weekend, another sausage block by Ben Stiller and his pals at the historical repository. Night at the Museum continued to slap away the tender nethers of all newcomers as it lured families and their combined $37 million in disposable income this weekend. Now in its second week, Night at the Museum has easily cleared well over $100 million ($116 million as of this writing) in the time it took America to bore of weepy sports pictures and send We are Marshall to 8.On the other hand, America didn’t tire of weepy business pictures as The Pursuit of Happyness kept its aspirational choppers embedded firmly in the ass of the number two spot. And number three? Dreamgirls jumped to a wider release
thanks to Jennifer Hudson and crew and took the bronze while punching Rocky Balboa straight in the yapper. Rocky promptly tripped and fell over Charlotte’s Web, Wilbur and Dakota Fanning, landing ass first into the number five spot as the girl and her good-for-nothing-pig (It’s the Spider, you idiots! It’s the Spider!) stole number four. The Good Shephard, Eragon, We Are Marshall, Happy Feet and The Holiday rounded out the top ten, in that very order.As for the religiously maligned Black Christmas, apathy
strung it up in razor wired Christmas lights and stabbed it
mercilessly before letting it finish out the weekend at number 13. That’ll learn them studios to drop slasher movies amidst the glutinous pandemonium of December 25th. As for all the other releases of the week, several critically acclaimed films (including Children of Men, Miss Potter, Perfume- The Story of a Murderer and Pan’s Labyrinth) officially opened but, as is typical for limited engagements and reward eligibility releases, missed the top 10.
like this article
tweet this article
follow chud
Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.
Community Activity
Discussion
Recent Posts
The best sleep I’ve had in years. & By
After a hearty breakfast of Green Berets, we chow down on ‘Commando’. & By
Stupid & By
Okay, who hates The Federation THIS TIME? & By
The best sleep I’ve had in years. & By
After a hearty breakfast of Green Berets, we chow down on ‘Commando’. & By
Stupid & By
DC is doing it all backwards & By
Why DC chose the worst possible Godfather for their cinematic universe & By
The maddest Max of all. & By
Wrapping up with a bang & By
Editorial comments/requests, please .
is a privately owned website that features a great deal of rumor and speculation, and must therefore be read as entertainment. All original content, both graphical and textual, is the intellectual property .
is no way affilliated with the film C.H.U.D. All rights reserved .
CHUD is powered by .SPECIAL EVENTS THIS WEEKENDCaptain GoodfellowDo your children enjoy interesting stories, funny games, and exciting dances? Captain Goodfellow will be ready to teach all these things to children of all 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
SPECIAL EVENTS THIS WEEKENDCaptain GoodfellowDo your children enjoy interesting stories, funny games, and exciting dances? Captain Goodfellow will be ready to teach all these things to children of all ages at the City Theatre on Saturday morning at 10:00, free.Walking Tour of the TownForget your worries on Saturday morning. Take a beautiful walk and learn about its history. Meet at the front entrance of City Hall at 9:30. Wear comfortable shoes!Films at the MuseumTwo European films will be shown Saturday afternoon at the Museum Theatre. See Broken Window at 1:30. The workers will be at 3:45. For further information, call 4987898.International PicnicAre you tired of eating the same food every day? Come to Central Park on Saturday and enjoy food from all over the world. Delicious and not expensive. Noon to 5:00 pm.Do You Want to Hear “The Zoo”“The Zoo”, a popular rock group from Australia, will give their first US concert tomorrow night at 8:00 at Rose Hall, City College.【小题1】 You can probably eat Chinese, Italian, and Arab food __________.A.at the front entrance of City HallB.at the gameC.at 5:00 pmD.at Central Park on Saturday【小题2】 You can see movies at __________.A.the City CollegeB.the Museum TheatreC.the City TheatreD.the Central Park【小题3】 Walking Tour of the Town will be taken __________.A.outsideB.in the City HallC.at the gateD.at the zoo【小题4】“The Zoo” is __________.A.a park with lots of animals thereB.a US concertC.a music groupD.an interesting event
【小题1】D【小题2】B【小题3】A【小题4】C
解析试题分析:本文是广告类的阅读,介绍周末可以放松游玩或娱乐的地方。去Captain Goodfellow孩子可以听讲故事,玩游戏等;Walking Tour of the Town可以出城外出旅行;去Films at the Museum可以看两部欧洲电影;去International Picnic这里可以享受外国大餐;去 “The Zoo”可以听到来自澳大利亚的摇滚音乐。【小题1】细节理解题。根据Come to Central Park on Saturday and enjoy food from all over the world.既然是国际的菜都能吃到,故选D。【小题2】细节理解题。根据Two European films will be shown Saturday afternoon at the Museum Theatre. 故选B。【小题3】细节理解题。根据Forget your worries on Saturday morning. Take a beautiful walk and learn about its history. Meet at the front entrance of City Hall at 9:30. Wear comfortable shoes!将走出这个城市,故选A。【小题4】细节理解题。根据“The Zoo”, a popular rock group from Australia,故选C。考点:广告类短文阅读。点评:在快速阅读的过程中,要掌握主旨大意,要有阅读的整体意识,避免那种“只见树木,不见森林”的逐字逐句的阅读习惯。接着是寻读,确定“信息源”,找出问题的相关信息出自文章何处,跟哪些段落或句子有关,仔细比较所给选项与文中细节一点一滴的区别,在准确理解细节的前提下,最后确定最佳答案,这样对细节理解题的处理基本做到了有根有据,提高了判断的正确性。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:云南省曲靖一中2010届高三冲刺卷英语(五)
题型:阅读理解
C I have been employed by a charity organization for less than a year now and I have the privilege of finding foster homes for abandoned children. It has always been my dream to work with adopted children because I myself was an adopted child.I was born in California in September of 1976 and was adopted in Ohio in March of 1977. I have no memory of being told that I was adopted, however, I have always known. I have been told that I was wanted and I was special.Even though my parents provided me with lots of love, I was always annoyed by the questions about my origin and my feeling of being unwanted. I constantly scanned every crowd I was in for another human that looked like me or laughed like me.I began searching for my birthparents in 1999 and I imagined every possible scene of my birth family.I went to a local agency for support and five days later I met my birth mother. The story unfolded. She flew me to Los Angeles the next day and I spent the weekend connecting with another person who looked just like me. We have had a worthwhile relationship over the past years although she could not give me any information about my birth father.In June of last year a member of my birth father’s family contacted me. Now, he and I are just beginning to get to know what it is like to be a birth child, Without the support of my parents who raised me I would have never experienced the feeling of being truly wanted accepted. For that, I am forever grateful.64.What’s the author’s attitude towards working with adopted children? A.He feels it is worth a try. B.He is eager to work with them. C.He is strongly against it . D.He thinks it is painful.65.How does the author feel about his birth family? A.He feels that he can’t forgive his birth parents. B.He understands his birth parents. C.He misses his birth parents very much. D.He is afraid of being hurt by them again.66.Why does the author writes this passage? A.To complain about being abandoned by his birth parents. B.To show how deep his desire to work with adopted children is. C.To encourage other people to find their birth parents. D.To show his love to his birth parents and his foster parents.
来源:学年安徽省芜湖一中高二下学期期中考试英语试卷(带解析)
请认真阅读下面短文,并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格里填入最恰当的单词。注意:每个空格只填1个单词。Homework is a great way for kids to develop independent, lifelong learning skills, so here are some general homework tips for parents:● Make sure your child has a quiet, well-lit place to do homework.Avoid having your child do homework with the television on or in places with other distractions, such as people coming and going. ● Make sure the materials your child needs, such as some paper, pencils and a dictionary, are available.Ask your child if special materials will be needed for some projects and get them in advance.● Help your child with time management. Establish a set time each day for doing homework. Don’t let your child leave homework until just before bedtime. Think about using a weekend morning or afternoon for working on big projects, especially if the project involves getting together with classmates. ● Be positive about homework. Tell your child how important school is. The attitude you express about homework will be the attitude your child acquires. ● When your child asks for help, provide guidance, not answers. Giving answers means your child will not learn the material. Too much help teaches your child that when the going gets rough, someone will do the work for him or her. Cooperation with the teacher. It shows your child that the school and home are a team. Follow the directions given by the teacher. ● Reward progress in homework. If your child has been successful in homework completion and is working hard, celebrate that success with a special even (e.g. pizza, a walk, a trip to the park) to reinforce the positive effortTitle【小题1】____________ for parents on their children’s homeworkTopicBasic requirements【小题2】&&&&&&for homeworkA single room●Quiet and well-lit●【小题3】&&&&&&TV or other distractionsMaterials for homeworkThings【小题4】&&&&&&&&&●Some paper●Some pencils●A dictionary●【小题5】&&&&&&&materials for some projects ahead of timeTime management&Doing homeworkA 【小题6】&&&&&&&time each day or a whole morning or afternoon on weekendsAttitudes to homework【小题7】&&&&&&&&of homework●【小题8】&&&&&&&&&by parents●Accepted by children【小题9】&&&&&&&&from parentsDos and don’ts●Provide guidance●Don’t give answers●Cooperate with the teacher●Follow the teacher’s directions【小题10】&&&&&&&&&&&Successful homeworkReward the child with a special event.
来源:云南省2010届高三冲刺卷英语(五)
CI have been employed by a charityorganization for less than a year now and I have the privilege of findingfoster homes for abandoned children. It has always been my dream to work withadopted children because I myself was an adopted child.I was born in California in September of1976 and was adopted in Ohio in March of 1977. I have no memory of being toldthat I was adopted, however, I have always known. I have been told that I waswanted and I was special.Even though my parents provided me withlots of love, I was always annoyed by the questions about my origin and myfeeling of being unwanted. I constantly scanned every crowd I was in foranother human that looked like me or laughed like me.I began searching for my birthparents in1999 and I imagined every possible scene of my birth family.I went to a local agency for support andfive days later I met my birth mother. The story unfolded. She flew me to LosAngeles the next day and I spent the weekend connecting with another person wholooked just like me. We have had a worthwhile relationship over the past yearsalthough she could not give me any information about my birth father.In June of last year a member of my birthfather’s family contacted me. Now, he and I are just beginning to get to knowwhat it is like to be a birth child, Without the support of my parents whoraised me I would have never experienced the feeling of being truly wantedaccepted. For that, I am forever grateful.64.What’s the author’s attitude towards working with adopted children?A.He feels it is worth a try.B.He is eager to work with them.C.He is strongly against it .D.He thinks it is painful.65.How does the author feel about his birth family?A.He feels that he can’t forgive his birth parents.B.He understands his birth parents.C.He misses his birth parents very much.D.He is afraid of being hurt by them again.66.Why does the author writes this passage?A.To complain about being abandoned by his birth parents.B.To show how deep his desire to work with adopted children is.C.To encourage other people to find their birth parents.D.To show his love to his birth parents and his foster parents.&
来源:安徽省期中题
任务型阅读&。&&&& 请认真阅读下面短文, 并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格里填入最恰当的单词。&&&& 注意:每个空格只填1个单词。
&&& Homework is a great way for kids to develop independent, lifelong learning skills, so here are some general homework tips for parents:&&& ● Make sure your child has a quiet, well-lit place to do homework.&&& Avoid having your child do homework with the television on or in places with other distractions, such as people coming and going.&&& ● Make sure the materials your child needs, such as some paper, pencils and a dictionary, are available.&&& Ask your child if special materials will be needed for some projects and get them in advance.&&& ● Help your child with time management.&&& Establish a set time each day for doing homework. Don't let your child leave homework until just before bedtime. Think about using a weekend morning or afternoon for working on big projects, especially if the project involves getting together with classmates.&& ● Be positive about homework.&&& Tell your child how important school is. The attitude you express about homework will be the attitude your child acquires.&&& ● When your child asks for help, provide guidance, not answers.&&& Giving answers means your child will not learn the material. Too much help teaches your child that when the going gets rough, someone will do the work for him or her.&&& Cooperation with the teacher. It shows your child that the school and home are a team. Follow the directions given by the teacher.&& ● Reward progress in homework.&& If your child has been successful in homework completion and is working hard, celebrate that success with a special even (e.g. pizza, a walk, a trip to the park) to reinforce the positive effort
来源:期末题
任务型阅读。请认真阅读下面短文,并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格里填入最恰当的单词。注意:每空格1个单词。
&&&& Homework is a great way for kids to develop independent, lifelong learning skills, so here are some generalhomework tips for parents: &&&& ● Make sure your child has a quiet, well-lit place to do homework. &&&& Avoid having your child do homework with the television on or in places with other distractions, such as people coming and going. &&&& ● Make sure the materials your child needs, such as some paper, pencils and a dictionary, are available. &&&& Ask your child if special materials will be needed for some projects and get them in advance. &&&& ● Help your child with time management.&&&&&&Establish a set time each day for doing homework. Don't let your child leave homework until just before bedtime. Think about using a weekend morning or afternoon for working on big projects, especially if the project involves getting together with classmates. &&&& ● Be positive about homework. &&&& Tell your child how important school is. The attitude you express about homework will be the attitude your child acquires. &&&& ● When your child asks for help, provide guidance, not answers.&&&&&&Giving answers means your child will not learn the material. Too much help teaches your child that whenthe going gets rough, someone will do the work for him or her.&&&&&&Cooperation with the teacher. It shows your child that the school and home are a team. Follow the directions given by the teacher. &&&& ● Reward progress in homework.&&&&&&If your child has been successful in homework completion and is working hard, celebrate that success with a special even (e.g. pizza, a walk, a trip to the park) to reinforce the positive effort.
Title: (1) ____________ for parents on their children's homework
Right things to do
Basic requirements&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
(2)_______ for homework
A separate room
◆Quiet and well-lit ◆(3)_______ TV or &&& other distractions
Materials for homework
Things (4)_______
◆Some paper ◆Some pencils ◆A dictionary ◆Special materials for &&& some projects ahead &&& of (5) _______
Time management
(6)_______ homework Weekend homework
A set time each dayA whole morning or afternoon
Attitudes to homework
(7) _______ of homework
◆(8) _______ by &&& parents ◆Accepted by children
(9)_______&&&& from parents
Dos & don'ts
◆Provide guidance ◆Cooperate with the &&& teacher ◆Follow the teacher's &&& directions ◆Don't give answers
(10)_______
Successful homework
Reward the child with a special event: ◆Their favorite food ◆Their favorite activity
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号}

我要回帖

更多关于 award和reward的区别 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信