和同学lol solo最强英雄了4次,全输,感觉好LOSE FACE

undergoing treatment solo
51yr old single male retired navy, previous heavy drinker.&&Elected civilian doc to conduct physical/ liver bio due to elevated AST/ ALT's.Was diagnosed last month with chronic hep-c with mild inflammatory activity(grade 2) and focal portal fibrosis(stage 1).Moderate large vacuole fatty metamorphosis.Negative for cirrhosis and/or hiv. Was shocked as I've never shot dope or been tatooed. Depressed now that I've been diagnosed with this life threatening disease and the fact&&I can never experience the warm glow of beer & alcohol again without detrimental effects to my Liver. My GI Doc. is confident we can put this in remission and wants or suggested I consider going on Peginterferon Alfa-2a combined with Ribavirin.My GI Doc. see 34yrs.experience since grad.from Med. school, and the fact he mentioned the use of Procrit upon my last visit.Says he usually puts his patients on Procrit prior to tx.&&Right now my job is really cushy and concerned about down time from sides of this treatment regime.With all this said, and the fact I live alone.Will I be at risk of death by suicide or complications from this iffy drug tx that affects everone differently? Has anybody ever completed this type of therapy on thier own?&&Recently got vaccinated for hep-a & b and go to see the Shrink next week to rule out depression.&&Only morale support I can expect is by phone and all support groups are an hour drive away from where I live.&&Once again, has anybody ever completed therapy solo?
Page 1 of 1
Welcome to the forum.&&You'll find that this is a terrific place for support.&&There are many people who go through treatment alone.&&Some of the posters here are single working mothers.&&If they can do it, so can you.
I understand how shocked you must feel at being diagnosed with this disease given the fact that you've never engaged in what's considered &high risk& behavior.&&I'm in the same boat.&&As you learn more about this disease, you'll find that there are other modes of transmission besides IV drug use and tattooing.&&Nail salons and barber shops are among the places that have the risk of blood-to-blood contact (dirty instruments).&&
How you got it is irrelevant at this point.&&You have it and you need to figure out what you're going to do about it.&&It sounds like you have a good doctor.&&That's an important.&&
Others will be along later to say hello and offer suggestions.&&Try not to be too depressed.&&You're very, very lucky to have little or no liver damage.&&That's something to be ELATED about!&&As I said to someone else in another thread:&&Don't lose heart.&&The virus feeds on discouragement.
Take care!
Susan
Welcome to the forum.&&You'll find that this is a terrific place for support.&&There are many people who go through treatment alone.&&Some of the posters here are single working mothers.&&If they can do it, so can you.
I understand how shocked you must feel at being diagnosed with this disease given the fact that you've never engaged in what's considered &high risk& behavior.&&I'm in the same boat.&&As you learn more about this disease, you'll find that there are other modes of transmission besides IV drug use and tattooing.&&Nail salons and barber shops are among the places that have the risk of blood-to-blood contact (dirty instruments).&&
How you got it is irrelevant at this point.&&You have it and you need to figure out what you're going to do about it.&&It sounds like you have a good doctor.&&That's an important.&&
Others will be along later to say hello and offer suggestions.&&Try not to be too depressed.&&You're very, very lucky to have little or no liver damage.&&That's something to be ELATED about!&&As I said to someone else in another thread:&&Don't lose heart.&&The virus feeds on discouragement.
Take care!
Susan
You did'nt say what genotype you are. I believe 2's &3's&&usually treat for 24 weeks. 1's and 4's for 48 weeks generally.I'm a 57 year old single male. As a type 1a I treated for 48 weeks. I got depressed but did not use an anti-depressant by my own choice.I did'nt get rid of the hep so am now looking at treating again.I don't agree with the doctor giving procrit or anything else before there is a need personally. My opinion.Since you have a low level of damage you have the option of considering both treating or waiting(a gamble either way).Read everything you can here and elsewhere to get a clear picture of the situation.and to help you make an informed decision. If you do treat you won't be the first to do so without much support. This is a good place to come for support and info.I would recommend an anti-depressant if you react to treatment with depression based on my experience.Good Luck, frank
You did'nt say what genotype you are. I believe 2's &3's&&usually treat for 24 weeks. 1's and 4's for 48 weeks generally.I'm a 57 year old single male. As a type 1a I treated for 48 weeks. I got depressed but did not use an anti-depressant by my own choice.I did'nt get rid of the hep so am now looking at treating again.I don't agree with the doctor giving procrit or anything else before there is a need personally. My opinion.Since you have a low level of damage you have the option of considering both treating or waiting(a gamble either way).Read everything you can here and elsewhere to get a clear picture of the situation.and to help you make an informed decision. If you do treat you won't be the first to do so without much support. This is a good place to come for support and info.I would recommend an anti-depressant if you react to treatment with depression based on my experience.Good Luck, frank
hi. i'm 48yo fm. type 1. vl 1.5mil. grade 2 biopsy result.&&i'm a widow with three teenage girls 17,14 & 11; we live with my parents 78 & 79.&&I live in a house full of people and except for my &family& here on this forum, i feel i am going thru treatment alone.&&good luck with whatever decisions you make and be well.
you found this site and that's a good thing!
&3 michelle
hi. i'm 48yo fm. type 1. vl 1.5mil. grade 2 biopsy result.&&i'm a widow with three teenage girls 17,14 & 11; we live with my parents 78 & 79.&&I live in a house full of people and except for my &family& here on this forum, i feel i am going thru treatment alone.&&good luck with whatever decisions you make and be well.
you found this site and that's a good thing!
&3 michelle
I'm doing therapy solo and it has its plusses and minues. Of course, a wonderful home support system would be ideal, but on the other hand doing it alone is probably better than a stressful home situation -- and unfortunatly, that is sometimes the case when you're on these drugs.
No, you're not going to be at risk for death or suicide as long as you stay in touch with your doc and report any unusual side effects. If you've had a history of depression, you might consider anti-depressant drugs prior to treatment. Other's without depression, take SSRI' profylactively. Many don't. I didn't and was depressed for the first eight weeks, mainly I think to anemia. I fell OK in that department now.
The fact that your GI will put you on Procrit prior to treatment shows he's quite sophisticated in treating Hep C. You should be thankful because many docs just don't know what they're doing.
You should also know that given you're a stage 1 -- meaning very little liver damage -- you don't have to make a treatment decision immediately. For example, if you have something major at work coming up, you might want to time treatment when things are a little calmer. On the other hand, if you're healthy now, not a bad time to start treatment. Always easier to handle treatment when the rest of your health cooperates.
As someone else mentioned, you should find out your genotype. If you're genotype 1, then you probably have about a 50% chance of clearing the virus with 48 weeks of therapy. Again, as a stage 1, you have to weigh the benefits of clearing the virus against the side effects of the treatment. Many geno 1's, stage 1's, elect to take a strategy of watchful waiting. New and better therapies are probably 3-5 years away.
On the other hand, if you're a geno 2, you probably have a 80 per cent chance of clearing the virus with only 24 weeks of therapy. That makes the decision to treat a lot easier.
As far as the rest of your life is concerned, given your history, I'm sure you'll clear the virus (now or later) and lead a normal life. Unless there is something else wrong with your liver (fatty liver, etc.,) there is no reason why you can't enjoy a glass of wine or beer with dinner once you clear the virus completely. In fact, I was allowed a few drinks a week prior to treatment. Of course, once on treatment NO DRINKING.
Do some research. Ask more questions. And discuss treament options with your medical team. Sounds like you have a good one.
I'm doing therapy solo and it has its plusses and minues. Of course, a wonderful home support system would be ideal, but on the other hand doing it alone is probably better than a stressful home situation -- and unfortunatly, that is sometimes the case when you're on these drugs.
No, you're not going to be at risk for death or suicide as long as you stay in touch with your doc and report any unusual side effects. If you've had a history of depression, you might consider anti-depressant drugs prior to treatment. Other's without depression, take SSRI' profylactively. Many don't. I didn't and was depressed for the first eight weeks, mainly I think to anemia. I fell OK in that department now.
The fact that your GI will put you on Procrit prior to treatment shows he's quite sophisticated in treating Hep C. You should be thankful because many docs just don't know what they're doing.
You should also know that given you're a stage 1 -- meaning very little liver damage -- you don't have to make a treatment decision immediately. For example, if you have something major at work coming up, you might want to time treatment when things are a little calmer. On the other hand, if you're healthy now, not a bad time to start treatment. Always easier to handle treatment when the rest of your health cooperates.
As someone else mentioned, you should find out your genotype. If you're genotype 1, then you probably have about a 50% chance of clearing the virus with 48 weeks of therapy. Again, as a stage 1, you have to weigh the benefits of clearing the virus against the side effects of the treatment. Many geno 1's, stage 1's, elect to take a strategy of watchful waiting. New and better therapies are probably 3-5 years away.
On the other hand, if you're a geno 2, you probably have a 80 per cent chance of clearing the virus with only 24 weeks of therapy. That makes the decision to treat a lot easier.
As far as the rest of your life is concerned, given your history, I'm sure you'll clear the virus (now or later) and lead a normal life. Unless there is something else wrong with your liver (fatty liver, etc.,) there is no reason why you can't enjoy a glass of wine or beer with dinner once you clear the virus completely. In fact, I was allowed a few drinks a week prior to treatment. Of course, once on treatment NO DRINKING.
Do some research. Ask more questions. And discuss treament options with your medical team. Sounds like you have a good one.
First let me welcome you to the family. Sorry you had to find your way here, but on a good note you did just find the best support system there is.
Your doctor seem to be right on the ball as far as your treatment goes, starting procrit and seeing a &shrink&. I was a 1a, I too saw a shrink before I started and elected to go on an antidepressant (seeing as I was having a rough time in my personal life also)I am grateful that I did. Tx was very hard on me.(The first round at least) I did pegintron for 48 weeks with only a few close friends to help out. I won't lie to you . It was bad. I relapsed after only 2 months and decided to try again. This time I was on Pegasys. What a difference in how I felt. Sure I still had sides, some not to pleasant, but was still able to go to work everyday, and able to function halfway normally verses not being able to work for 3 months on the other stuff. Many people do not have any problems with either meds or sides. Thankfully your damage is not to severe yet, but if it were me and what I have already experienced I would ask about Pegasys.
I went through my second round of tx with a husband and teenage step daughter. I think I would actually prefer doing it alone. You have us here. This board was my support and they did a hell of a job. :-) Good luck to you.
First let me welcome you to the family. Sorry you had to find your way here, but on a good note you did just find the best support system there is.
Your doctor seem to be right on the ball as far as your treatment goes, starting procrit and seeing a &shrink&. I was a 1a, I too saw a shrink before I started and elected to go on an antidepressant (seeing as I was having a rough time in my personal life also)I am grateful that I did. Tx was very hard on me.(The first round at least) I did pegintron for 48 weeks with only a few close friends to help out. I won't lie to you . It was bad. I relapsed after only 2 months and decided to try again. This time I was on Pegasys. What a difference in how I felt. Sure I still had sides, some not to pleasant, but was still able to go to work everyday, and able to function halfway normally verses not being able to work for 3 months on the other stuff. Many people do not have any problems with either meds or sides. Thankfully your damage is not to severe yet, but if it were me and what I have already experienced I would ask about Pegasys.
I went through my second round of tx with a husband and teenage step daughter. I think I would actually prefer doing it alone. You have us here. This board was my support and they did a hell of a job. :-) Good luck to you.
After three treatments, I won't say I'm an authority, but I will pass on my experiences. Although side effects vary from one person to another, they will be there in some strength. My friend had the same treatment as me... hardly phased her. I developed a very violent temper. I refused anti-depressants, instead, I avoided confrontations. Hard to get a judge to buy the excuse that you broke someone's jaw because you're on treatment. The one thing I can tell you that helped me tremendously is to keep constantly busy. I work a lot on my computer, am a musician and although it was hard performing on treatment, it did calm me a lot and brought my mind deviation from the treatment.
People who are not in your shoes will not understand your possible personality change under treatment. There's really nothing to be scared of though. I was never scared that I may kill someone, but avoiding the stress, wether from bone heads or from your immediate family is highly advised. After all, this treatment is not forever and you will regain everything, including your hair. Oh sure, I can sugar coat all this, but why? Let's tell it like it is so you can look for signs and changes in your personality. Just because I didn't take anti-depressants, doesn't mean you shouldn't. It's your choice, and you know your mind better than your doctor.
Occupy your time as much as possible, even if it's just watching several movies one after another. You're killing time that you would normally devote to worrying about the treatment. And when you worry, you stress, and that is certainly not good for the liver or your immune system. Ask your doctor about Sam-E and Milk Thistle. You'll be fine. I went through three treatments and more in the future and I
After three treatments, I won't say I'm an authority, but I will pass on my experiences. Although side effects vary from one person to another, they will be there in some strength. My friend had the same treatment as me... hardly phased her. I developed a very violent temper. I refused anti-depressants, instead, I avoided confrontations. Hard to get a judge to buy the excuse that you broke someone's jaw because you're on treatment. The one thing I can tell you that helped me tremendously is to keep constantly busy. I work a lot on my computer, am a musician and although it was hard performing on treatment, it did calm me a lot and brought my mind deviation from the treatment.
People who are not in your shoes will not understand your possible personality change under treatment. There's really nothing to be scared of though. I was never scared that I may kill someone, but avoiding the stress, wether from bone heads or from your immediate family is highly advised. After all, this treatment is not forever and you will regain everything, including your hair. Oh sure, I can sugar coat all this, but why? Let's tell it like it is so you can look for signs and changes in your personality. Just because I didn't take anti-depressants, doesn't mean you shouldn't. It's your choice, and you know your mind better than your doctor.
Occupy your time as much as possible, even if it's just watching several movies one after another. You're killing time that you would normally devote to worrying about the treatment. And when you worry, you stress, and that is certainly not good for the liver or your immune system. Ask your doctor about Sam-E and Milk Thistle. You'll be fine. I went through three treatments and more in the future and I
As one newbie to another, I say welcome. You can do it alone, but it is better to have a support system, as I am finding out.
I am a 52 y.o and married. My husband was there for the first shot. Fortunately, I never experienced the rigors with the shot after the first one. He has not supported me or asked me once how I have felt since the first one. He has complained and become bitter that I have not had the energy to clean house or cook a meal. All that to say this. You are safer here where people understand and much safer with your emotions, as well.
I have been alone every step of the way. If it were not for my faith & hope to hold me up, I don't think I could've walked another step in this journey. It is not fun. The symptoms of treatment suck, but here you have people who understand, because they are going through it. You will make it. If you do not allow it to harden you, but allow the experience to transform your heart to a higher level of compassion for people in general, you have gained. As a matter of fact, just yesterday my doctor told me I have relapsed and must make a decision to carry on with another round or wait. You can work through this. I have worked full time and take the shot on Friday night and am down for most of the weekend. I do feel better on Monday morning. I hope you will do well with the therapy and don't get discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!
rhema
As one newbie to another, I say welcome. You can do it alone, but it is better to have a support system, as I am finding out.
I am a 52 y.o and married. My husband was there for the first shot. Fortunately, I never experienced the rigors with the shot after the first one. He has not supported me or asked me once how I have felt since the first one. He has complained and become bitter that I have not had the energy to clean house or cook a meal. All that to say this. You are safer here where people understand and much safer with your emotions, as well.
I have been alone every step of the way. If it were not for my faith & hope to hold me up, I don't think I could've walked another step in this journey. It is not fun. The symptoms of treatment suck, but here you have people who understand, because they are going through it. You will make it. If you do not allow it to harden you, but allow the experience to transform your heart to a higher level of compassion for people in general, you have gained. As a matter of fact, just yesterday my doctor told me I have relapsed and must make a decision to carry on with another round or wait. You can work through this. I have worked full time and take the shot on Friday night and am down for most of the weekend. I do feel better on Monday morning. I hope you will do well with the therapy and don't get discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!
rhema
Oh My Gawd... You tried to sneak that in there didn't you...
YOU RELAPSED???
Awe Sweetie.... I am So Very, Very Sorry....
That one is a Devasting Blow... at least it was for me.
How are you Holding Up?
What are you thinking about doing & what options have they offered?
Are You Ok?
:(
Oh My Gawd... You tried to sneak that in there didn't you...
YOU RELAPSED???
Awe Sweetie.... I am So Very, Very Sorry....
That one is a Devasting Blow... at least it was for me.
How are you Holding Up?
What are you thinking about doing & what options have they offered?
Are You Ok?
:(
What is your biopsy situation? I sympathize also with relapse being a relapser. I am heartened by your words of growth from this experience. frank
What is your biopsy situation? I sympathize also with relapse being a relapser. I am heartened by your words of growth from this experience. frank
rhema,
Sorry to hear you relapsed.&&
I support you and wish you the best in your decision.&&
Being that I'm a 1a, 0-1 damage I made the decision to wait for a while for something new.&&I'm still having sx. and my last peg-intron shot was 5 weeks ago this tuesday.
Take care
Smiles,
Diana
rhema,
Sorry to hear you relapsed.&&
I support you and wish you the best in your decision.&&
Being that I'm a 1a, 0-1 damage I made the decision to wait for a while for something new.&&I'm still having sx. and my last peg-intron shot was 5 weeks ago this tuesday.
Take care
Smiles,
Diana
I will comment more later, but had to say this now:
stay away from Lloyd's site, it is nothing but garbage in&&my opinion.
I will comment more later, but had to say this now:
stay away from Lloyd's site, it is nothing but garbage in&&my opinion.
First I'm biased cause I did peg-intron(alpha 2b)and relapsed. But that being said, People who have done both often comment that the sides were easier on pegasys(alpha 2a).Also some have mentioned that the pegasys has a slight edge in staying in the body a bit longer then the peg-intron.Hopefully someone who has the facts at hand will add info that can help you. If I had it to do over(and I may) I would ask for pegasys.Ribavirin is Ribavirin even when it's called copegasys. frank
First I'm biased cause I did peg-intron(alpha 2b)and relapsed. But that being said, People who have done both often comment that the sides were easier on pegasys(alpha 2a).Also some have mentioned that the pegasys has a slight edge in staying in the body a bit longer then the peg-intron.Hopefully someone who has the facts at hand will add info that can help you. If I had it to do over(and I may) I would ask for pegasys.Ribavirin is Ribavirin even when it's called copegasys. frank
54F.i do shot #2 tonite...and live alone. there are advantages..i can concentrate on my work and my treatment. i don't have to worry about pleasing somebody else. do you have other family? my kids are SO supportive that they bug me, LOL. maybe your husband is just scared, especially if this has happened after a rough start with shot #1. some guys have a hard time expressing a honest emotion...which is why i live in NY and hubby lives in NJ. to be fair, he offered to be supportive but i did question his motives..think he was concerned about things other than hep c. :)))))))&&i manage my life better without him.
to others: i don't post often but read daily.&&the information i have gathered here, is what makes this treatment possible. this is the beginning of a long haul and i am comforted by knowing i can come here if needed. my heartfelt thanks
54F.i do shot #2 tonite...and live alone. there are advantages..i can concentrate on my work and my treatment. i don't have to worry about pleasing somebody else. do you have other family? my kids are SO supportive that they bug me, LOL. maybe your husband is just scared, especially if this has happened after a rough start with shot #1. some guys have a hard time expressing a honest emotion...which is why i live in NY and hubby lives in NJ. to be fair, he offered to be supportive but i did question his motives..think he was concerned about things other than hep c. :)))))))&&i manage my life better without him.
to others: i don't post often but read daily.&&the information i have gathered here, is what makes this treatment possible. this is the beginning of a long haul and i am comforted by knowing i can come here if needed. my heartfelt thanks
They tell me I am a Genotype 3. That it is easily treated.&&As crazy as it may sound I can't wait to start treatment, as I am driving myself crazy with the outcome of which symptons I'll come down with. Stopped drinking alcohol back in April this year, been drinking alot more water these days.&&Start each morning with a tbsp. of Chlorella, mixed with 6oz. of water a half hour before eating. I'm looking forward to starting this treatment as early as this August or maybe September this year.&&This is definitely a turning point in my life and am trying to keep Even after reading about the adverse effects with Peginterferon alfa-2b/ Ribavirin treatment posted on Loyd Wright website. Is Peginterferon alfa-2b much different from Peginterferon alfa-2a as far as adverse effects go? I want to Thank You all for your encouragemnet and insight concerning my problem and I already feel I am not alone!&&Paul
They tell me I am a Genotype 3. That it is easily treated.&&As crazy as it may sound I can't wait to start treatment, as I am driving myself crazy with the outcome of which symptons I'll come down with. Stopped drinking alcohol back in April this year, been drinking alot more water these days.&&Start each morning with a tbsp. of Chlorella, mixed with 6oz. of water a half hour before eating. I'm looking forward to starting this treatment as early as this August or maybe September this year.&&This is definitely a turning point in my life and am trying to keep Even after reading about the adverse effects with Peginterferon alfa-2b/ Ribavirin treatment posted on Loyd Wright website. Is Peginterferon alfa-2b much different from Peginterferon alfa-2a as far as adverse effects go? I want to Thank You all for your encouragemnet and insight concerning my problem and I already feel I am not alone!&&Paul
Hey doons, I've just done week 21 of 24 & am doing it pretty much solo... I have chosen to see this as my own personal challenge & I guess that helps me through...
I guess I could have asked for more help from family & friends along the way but as I near the end I do feel quite empowered by my ability to take this journey pretty much solo.
This is a great site though... Just reading it some days makes me feel better.
One thing that has kept me going is to not focus on anything but getting through a day, as soon as I let myself look to far forward I would get overwhelmed. If you can break it down it's easier.
All the best.
Nik
Hey doons, I've just done week 21 of 24 & am doing it pretty much solo... I have chosen to see this as my own personal challenge & I guess that helps me through...
I guess I could have asked for more help from family & friends along the way but as I near the end I do feel quite empowered by my ability to take this journey pretty much solo.
This is a great site though... Just reading it some days makes me feel better.
One thing that has kept me going is to not focus on anything but getting through a day, as soon as I let myself look to far forward I would get overwhelmed. If you can break it down it's easier.
All the best.
Nik
I will talk to you later. But I want to thank you for the encourage ment. I have been the natural route and not that I do not still take all the supplements and always have, I don't think I can go another round with Pegintron/ribavirin. My daughter is getting married in 4 weeks. I want to enjoy myself. I think I really need a break for awhile. Still contemplating.....
cheers and take care,
Rhema
I will talk to you later. But I want to thank you for the encourage ment. I have been the natural route and not that I do not still take all the supplements and always have, I don't think I can go another round with Pegintron/ribavirin. My daughter is getting married in 4 weeks. I want to enjoy myself. I think I really need a break for awhile. Still contemplating.....
cheers and take care,
Rhema
If you need to talk off the forum you can e-mail me at ***@**** I'm around most of the time.&&Just title hep-c or I won't open.
Smiles,
Diana
If you need to talk off the forum you can e-mail me at ***@**** I'm around most of the time.&&Just title hep-c or I won't open.
Smiles,
Diana
I was diagnosed in May'03 with a viral load of 1 million, my ast/alt levels were 45/55. I had a biopsy July'04 with a stage 1 and no fibrosis.&&I am a genotype 3. In November'04 I had a vl of 6 million. The doc had me on treatment with Pegintron and ribavirin by Jan '05. At 12 weeks I was told I cleared at &650 for the pcr. I just saw the doc on July 8 and he told me I was up to 6 thousand vl. So as far as options go, I have either got to go back on (like yesterday) or wait for 6 mos. and go on Pegasys/Riba combo. He said there is new tx on the horizon and if I want to I could wait a couple of years. Hard choice, especially when I have been off tx for about 3 weeks and feel so much better. I am kind of at a crossroads here. I have until this week to decide.&&I have lost about 50% percent of my hair and not so sure I am strong enough to go with the GI Jane look. Oh, has anyone lost all their hair?
I didn't start losing it until about 4 months into tx. I guess the next thing is a wig? What did you guys do? Is stess a contributing factor to how well you do on treatment?&&My doctor discounts it.
Oh yea, the news about the relapse, it was a blow! I was pretty much numb and still kind of walking around in this state, but I cannot let go of hope. Remember that, doons :)&&
I was diagnosed in May'03 with a viral load of 1 million, my ast/alt levels were 45/55. I had a biopsy July'04 with a stage 1 and no fibrosis.&&I am a genotype 3. In November'04 I had a vl of 6 million. The doc had me on treatment with Pegintron and ribavirin by Jan '05. At 12 weeks I was told I cleared at &650 for the pcr. I just saw the doc on July 8 and he told me I was up to 6 thousand vl. So as far as options go, I have either got to go back on (like yesterday) or wait for 6 mos. and go on Pegasys/Riba combo. He said there is new tx on the horizon and if I want to I could wait a couple of years. Hard choice, especially when I have been off tx for about 3 weeks and feel so much better. I am kind of at a crossroads here. I have until this week to decide.&&I have lost about 50% percent of my hair and not so sure I am strong enough to go with the GI Jane look. Oh, has anyone lost all their hair?
I didn't start losing it until about 4 months into tx. I guess the next thing is a wig? What did you guys do? Is stess a contributing factor to how well you do on treatment?&&My doctor discounts it.
Oh yea, the news about the relapse, it was a blow! I was pretty much numb and still kind of walking around in this state, but I cannot let go of hope. Remember that, doons :)&&
I'm starting my 10th week on tx. I still have no real side effects.&&Just extremly tired. Procit should help that. Not on
yet. I go to Dr's end of month. I think most people go it alone.
Hang in there.&&Not as many people get sides as I first thought.
Good luck. Adele
I'm starting my 10th week on tx. I still have no real side effects.&&Just extremly tired. Procit should help that. Not on
yet. I go to Dr's end of month. I think most people go it alone.
Hang in there.&&Not as many people get sides as I first thought.
Good luck. Adele
nasty blow to know the bug was just hiding and waiting for the meds to leave! makes you kind of angry.
some say that starting right away while the VL is still low offers a good advantage at clearing right away and then the rest of the time is ensuring that all remnants are gone. Others say to wait and then try with a different interferon, Pegasys seems easier on sides, and extend tx beyond the standard. You do get those who do not extend and still clear, like Tony did, (on his third round). Some people like bon, are trying the same meds again, and going longer. Bon did not clear the virus by wk 12 on these meds the first time but this time she did, go figure.
Being 52 is tough, since the older we get the lower the chances at SVR, so the calendar is a big factor to consider.
If you decide to treat again, make sure they use more sensitive tests than &615, that is not a low enough range in a time when we have PCRs that range down to &2. You want to make sure it is truly gone before stopping the meds.
Good luck in your choice.
nasty blow to know the bug was just hiding and waiting for the meds to leave! makes you kind of angry.
some say that starting right away while the VL is still low offers a good advantage at clearing right away and then the rest of the time is ensuring that all remnants are gone. Others say to wait and then try with a different interferon, Pegasys seems easier on sides, and extend tx beyond the standard. You do get those who do not extend and still clear, like Tony did, (on his third round). Some people like bon, are trying the same meds again, and going longer. Bon did not clear the virus by wk 12 on these meds the first time but this time she did, go figure.
Being 52 is tough, since the older we get the lower the chances at SVR, so the calendar is a big factor to consider.
If you decide to treat again, make sure they use more sensitive tests than &615, that is not a low enough range in a time when we have PCRs that range down to &2. You want to make sure it is truly gone before stopping the meds.
Good luck in your choice.
All=
I've gotten to lazy to spell check these days.... so do the best ya'll can with my post!
rhema=
In my heart I do not believe us peg people suffer near the sx that those on the different types do.. but there again... we are all affected differently.
I have yet to get the riba rash, or dry skin... (Well my chin & elbow got a little dry up north) but that is probably because it wasn't as humid there...
As to re Tx Immediately vs wait... You DO have that option.... it's going to be a very personal decission on your behalf, & you are going to have to do some deep soul searching.
I did back to back AGAINST my families wishes.... & it's not for everybody... & although it seems easier on me than the last, & I am doing more... it might just be because I have a better attitude, & now know first hand what better to expect... so that I just am handeling it a little better vs freaking out of everything like last time.
I will say that this stuff still affects me mentally... just different from last time.... sometimes I wonder why I didn't take a break... just to have time to be normal, & enjoy my family again.... I think the back to back is very hard on the families.
So it has it's share's of pro & cons.... I am extending my heart, thoughts, & prayers to you. I know how difficult that blow can be, & I also know how hard of a decission that is to make right now... & I pray for you to find peace & to be guided to make the best decission for your individual circumstances!
Regardless of what you decide to do, I will certainly be supportive of that decission. If you do decide to retreat... I'll hold your hand & talk to ya every day.... because it can be done... & I feel more support here than I have ever before.... & to be quite honest... don't think I could survive this round without that.
So for those that are doing it all alone... no need to BE Alone... don't hide out & shut off the rest of the world like I did last year. For those that maintain & struggle thru their everyday lives.... we have to remember that some folks ARE Recluse... & we MIGHT be their only contact with the outside world rather than the absolute NEEDED &To do& stuff like Doc's & Grocies, ect. I have been there.... & I will be here to lend a hand, or an ear everytime I come in here...
I may not have anything of medical value to contribute... But I can always offer, compassion, my hand to hold, a shoulder to cry on, prayers, & maybe a few silly memories on the way... I just want you to know that I am here for you... I just don't want ANYBODY, to EVER go thru the paoin & Unnessisary suffering that I have.... I'm not real good at giving folks advise as to what to do... but I might can help tell you what NOT to do... LoL
Hang in there sweetie!
:) Vicki
All=
I've gotten to lazy to spell check these days.... so do the best ya'll can with my post!
rhema=
In my heart I do not believe us peg people suffer near the sx that those on the different types do.. but there again... we are all affected differently.
I have yet to get the riba rash, or dry skin... (Well my chin & elbow got a little dry up north) but that is probably because it wasn't as humid there...
As to re Tx Immediately vs wait... You DO have that option.... it's going to be a very personal decission on your behalf, & you are going to have to do some deep soul searching.
I did back to back AGAINST my families wishes.... & it's not for everybody... & although it seems easier on me than the last, & I am doing more... it might just be because I have a better attitude, & now know first hand what better to expect... so that I just am handeling it a little better vs freaking out of everything like last time.
I will say that this stuff still affects me mentally... just different from last time.... sometimes I wonder why I didn't take a break... just to have time to be normal, & enjoy my family again.... I think the back to back is very hard on the families.
So it has it's share's of pro & cons.... I am extending my heart, thoughts, & prayers to you. I know how difficult that blow can be, & I also know how hard of a decission that is to make right now... & I pray for you to find peace & to be guided to make the best decission for your individual circumstances!
Regardless of what you decide to do, I will certainly be supportive of that decission. If you do decide to retreat... I'll hold your hand & talk to ya every day.... because it can be done... & I feel more support here than I have ever before.... & to be quite honest... don't think I could survive this round without that.
So for those that are doing it all alone... no need to BE Alone... don't hide out & shut off the rest of the world like I did last year. For those that maintain & struggle thru their everyday lives.... we have to remember that some folks ARE Recluse... & we MIGHT be their only contact with the outside world rather than the absolute NEEDED &To do& stuff like Doc's & Grocies, ect. I have been there.... & I will be here to lend a hand, or an ear everytime I come in here...
I may not have anything of medical value to contribute... But I can always offer, compassion, my hand to hold, a shoulder to cry on, prayers, & maybe a few silly memories on the way... I just want you to know that I am here for you... I just don't want ANYBODY, to EVER go thru the paoin & Unnessisary suffering that I have.... I'm not real good at giving folks advise as to what to do... but I might can help tell you what NOT to do... LoL
Hang in there sweetie!
:) Vicki
Thank you so much for your input and prayers. I have had a tough time of it emotionally. I have made it through a lot with a career change in Law Enforcement. I am in a probationary period for the next 5 months. Because of that, I cannot miss work. If I start up on this stuff again, get sick and lethargic during probation, I could lose the job and my only source of income. If I pass my probation and go on tx, at least, I can get State disability insurance. Were I work, they don't have to give you a reason to fire you during the 6th month probation. I don't think I can deal with more treatment at this point. I was on Lexapro and it wiped out my emotions entirely and I am sure contributed to my lethary. It is awful having your teeth clenched all of the time. That is what the antidepressant did and it was the mildest one. All the others made me feel like I wanted to go for the juggler. My sides are many. If I go back on it right away, that means I can't skip a shot. My daughter gets married on August 13. I would be a useless lump going to her wedding after the shot. The mother of the bride is suppose to be the hostess at a wedding. It wipes me out for the entire weekend.&&Please! Tell me you guys! HAVE ANY ONE OF YOU LOST ALL YOUR HAIR? This is is a really humbling experience. I don't know if I should buy a wig for the future. I really want to knock the dragon, but I am feeling like I should wait for a few months. The stigma is awful and it is not something people on the outside talk about much. Law Enforcement personnel are acutely aware that anyone of them could have it because of the contact with criminals in general. Not to make a generalization on any one sector of society, but hepc is very common in the underworld population.
Poolcue: Was there something you wanted to tell me off line? I will email you a note if so.
Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. Any input is appreciated and no one can place a value on the time spent in prayer. It is too dear & priceless.
Rhema
Thank you so much for your input and prayers. I have had a tough time of it emotionally. I have made it through a lot with a career change in Law Enforcement. I am in a probationary period for the next 5 months. Because of that, I cannot miss work. If I start up on this stuff again, get sick and lethargic during probation, I could lose the job and my only source of income. If I pass my probation and go on tx, at least, I can get State disability insurance. Were I work, they don't have to give you a reason to fire you during the 6th month probation. I don't think I can deal with more treatment at this point. I was on Lexapro and it wiped out my emotions entirely and I am sure contributed to my lethary. It is awful having your teeth clenched all of the time. That is what the antidepressant did and it was the mildest one. All the others made me feel like I wanted to go for the juggler. My sides are many. If I go back on it right away, that means I can't skip a shot. My daughter gets married on August 13. I would be a useless lump going to her wedding after the shot. The mother of the bride is suppose to be the hostess at a wedding. It wipes me out for the entire weekend.&&Please! Tell me you guys! HAVE ANY ONE OF YOU LOST ALL YOUR HAIR? This is is a really humbling experience. I don't know if I should buy a wig for the future. I really want to knock the dragon, but I am feeling like I should wait for a few months. The stigma is awful and it is not something people on the outside talk about much. Law Enforcement personnel are acutely aware that anyone of them could have it because of the contact with criminals in general. Not to make a generalization on any one sector of society, but hepc is very common in the underworld population.
Poolcue: Was there something you wanted to tell me off line? I will email you a note if so.
Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. Any input is appreciated and no one can place a value on the time spent in prayer. It is too dear & priceless.
Rhema
Oh Rhema, My Heart Really goes out to you....
My gut feelings on this would be to wait... because you do have that option, & if you were to keep up a liver friendly diet, take the milk thistle, ect. Then what would be wrong with putting it off a little longer!
If I were working, or HAD to.... I probably would NOT have jumped right back on this bandwagon, because my tx was optional too!
I know what you mean about the teeth clinching... I do that too, but I always assumed that it was the Riba doing that to me! Oh & by the way, you are Not making any generalizations on any one sector of society, That's a well Known FACT. My buddy GUS, the one on the swat team that I met thru circumstances involving my then wayward daughter, used to tell me all kind of stuff, & you know what... had it not of been for that man I might not EVER have made it thru last round.... he'd go out of his way to come over, give me a hug, or drink a cup of coffee with me.... in fact at times when I thought I'd be loosing my mind... I'd laugh thru my tears & joke & say... Can You Imagine A Cop On Riba..... LoL
Ya'll sure are UNDER PAID for what you do, I'll say that!
I unfortunately became an undesirable member of society when I got busted for growing two pot plants.... But I did it to myself, & obviously made some bad choices that landed myself a felony conviction, & spent 5 &1/2 months trying to do a 2 month sentence in boot camp. There was only one in the state of Ga. back then... so there was a waiting list... & being as I was denied bond.... I spent 3 &1/2 months in the county jail waiting to go to boot camp..... that's when I saw the guy hang himself.. they saved him... but another guy while we were out in &The Yard& wasn't so lucky. I saw all kind of stuff going on in that jail. But you know what... as painful as an experience as that was.... it was probably the BEST Dog Gone Thing that could of EVER Happened to me, & turned my life around.
Guess that's why I love my better half so much... cause he's a Good Guy... he was a Military Police In Vietnam, so when we go to these reunions every year... we just have a BLAST. Just about Everyone of those guys turned to some type of Law Enforcement... From ATF agents, To Heck Walter was the Southern District US Marshal during the Clinton Era... so when we all get together it's Good, Clean Fun... & I LUV IT.&&& surrounding myself with these types of individuals helps keep me grounded, because I have always been a follower, & not a leader, & can easily be lead astray... character defect I guess! Everything I ever did was so stupid, that they all tease me & call me the hardened criminal.... LoL ...I can only laugh because it's true... STUPID... yet true!
Anyway, back when I was in jail I wore out my first pair of sneakers in my entire life from all that pacing back & forth... I must of walked 10,000,00 miles in that little bitty cell, & every day seemed like a life time...I remember breaking down & praying for the Good Lord to give me the courage, strength, & peace to get thru it... & he did. It was like I woke up one day & this PEACE had just come over me!
Then last year was just another reaffirmation of my spiritual Journey!
Anyway, hang in there, & I am praying for you to have peace, & guidance! Good Guys, Bad Guys... we're all in this together, & will manage somehow to get thru it all.
Hey...What do you mean BALD... LoL... you are not supposed to go bald... you're gonna look like my better half if you keep that up... Tee Hee!
I lost about 2/3's volume last round... & it started coming out by the handfuls... but no bald spots... just major thinning, & breakage on the ends... If I were to put it in a pony tail back then... it would have been approx the circumference of a dime... then I guess it grew back some... plus I recently had that perm... so now it's about the circumference of a quarter... but I fear that IF it starts falling out again this round, that heck... I won't have anything left.....
Hummm, maybe it only falls out the first time.... I'll let you know.. Doing # 15 tonight only 57 more to go... whoo hoo!!!
Let us know what you decide!
Sending You Great Big Cyber Hugs...
Vicki
:)
Oh Rhema, My Heart Really goes out to you....
My gut feelings on this would be to wait... because you do have that option, & if you were to keep up a liver friendly diet, take the milk thistle, ect. Then what would be wrong with putting it off a little longer!
If I were working, or HAD to.... I probably would NOT have jumped right back on this bandwagon, because my tx was optional too!
I know what you mean about the teeth clinching... I do that too, but I always assumed that it was the Riba doing that to me! Oh & by the way, you are Not making any generalizations on any one sector of society, That's a well Known FACT. My buddy GUS, the one on the swat team that I met thru circumstances involving my then wayward daughter, used to tell me all kind of stuff, & you know what... had it not of been for that man I might not EVER have made it thru last round.... he'd go out of his way to come over, give me a hug, or drink a cup of coffee with me.... in fact at times when I thought I'd be loosing my mind... I'd laugh thru my tears & joke & say... Can You Imagine A Cop On Riba..... LoL
Ya'll sure are UNDER PAID for what you do, I'll say that!
I unfortunately became an undesirable member of society when I got busted for growing two pot plants.... But I did it to myself, & obviously made some bad choices that landed myself a felony conviction, & spent 5 &1/2 months trying to do a 2 month sentence in boot camp. There was only one in the state of Ga. back then... so there was a waiting list... & being as I was denied bond.... I spent 3 &1/2 months in the county jail waiting to go to boot camp..... that's when I saw the guy hang himself.. they saved him... but another guy while we were out in &The Yard& wasn't so lucky. I saw all kind of stuff going on in that jail. But you know what... as painful as an experience as that was.... it was probably the BEST Dog Gone Thing that could of EVER Happened to me, & turned my life around.
Guess that's why I love my better half so much... cause he's a Good Guy... he was a Military Police In Vietnam, so when we go to these reunions every year... we just have a BLAST. Just about Everyone of those guys turned to some type of Law Enforcement... From ATF agents, To Heck Walter was the Southern District US Marshal during the Clinton Era... so when we all get together it's Good, Clean Fun... & I LUV IT.&&& surrounding myself with these types of individuals helps keep me grounded, because I have always been a follower, & not a leader, & can easily be lead astray... character defect I guess! Everything I ever did was so stupid, that they all tease me & call me the hardened criminal.... LoL ...I can only laugh because it's true... STUPID... yet true!
Anyway, back when I was in jail I wore out my first pair of sneakers in my entire life from all that pacing back & forth... I must of walked 10,000,00 miles in that little bitty cell, & every day seemed like a life time...I remember breaking down & praying for the Good Lord to give me the courage, strength, & peace to get thru it... & he did. It was like I woke up one day & this PEACE had just come over me!
Then last year was just another reaffirmation of my spiritual Journey!
Anyway, hang in there, & I am praying for you to have peace, & guidance! Good Guys, Bad Guys... we're all in this together, & will manage somehow to get thru it all.
Hey...What do you mean BALD... LoL... you are not supposed to go bald... you're gonna look like my better half if you keep that up... Tee Hee!
I lost about 2/3's volume last round... & it started coming out by the handfuls... but no bald spots... just major thinning, & breakage on the ends... If I were to put it in a pony tail back then... it would have been approx the circumference of a dime... then I guess it grew back some... plus I recently had that perm... so now it's about the circumference of a quarter... but I fear that IF it starts falling out again this round, that heck... I won't have anything left.....
Hummm, maybe it only falls out the first time.... I'll let you know.. Doing # 15 tonight only 57 more to go... whoo hoo!!!
Let us know what you decide!
Sending You Great Big Cyber Hugs...
Vicki
What??? Did I scare Ya.... You afraid to associate with the likes of me???
I don't bite... (Well maybe sometimes &IF& it's justified)... I'm not a bad person!!!
Vic
What??? Did I scare Ya.... You afraid to associate with the likes of me???
I don't bite... (Well maybe sometimes &IF& it's justified)... I'm not a bad person!!!
Vic
Heck no!&&You didn't scare me :)&&I have just been so busy that I have not been on.
I did call my doctor's office today and spoke with his nurse. She has been the one there for me. She totally supported my decision to wait on another round. She agreed I have too much going on in my life right now and do not need the extra added stress. She was very encouraging, made sure I was still taking my milk thistle and asked me to please be kind to my liver. No duh!&&I have blood work in December and see the doc in January. That was a big load off. Whewww! Now I can breath a little. That was one of the sides that effected me from the start. Out of breath and dizziness. I have naturally low blood pressure, so I was getting light headed much of the time. toward the end of treatment I felt like I had one foot on a banana peel and the other in the grave. Not fun.
Now, to address hanging with the likes of you? Not a problem, Sister! No judgment here :) I am a child of the '60's. I practically grew up at the Fillmore West, Golden Gate Park, the Height and did my share of not getting caught. So there was definitely the propensity to go to jail there. That was back in the day when you went to state prison for a joint. Now you get a ticket for less than an ounce.
Thanks for your comment about hair. I am contemplating a shorter cut after my daughter's wedding in 4 weeks. I am not one, anymore, to fiddle with my hair. It is usually waist length but since I started loosing it, I have had to bring it up to the shoulders.&&I do use Framesi Color and it has 2-3% ammonnia as opposed to 30-45% like some of the others. I am lucky to get the roots done. I had enough of it when I was a stylist for 13 years, before the Law Enforcement days. I like to braid it and pull it up for work. Easy!
Gotta scoot. Time to take out the dog. Thanks again and talk to you soon.
:)Rhema
Heck no!&&You didn't scare me :)&&I have just been so busy that I have not been on.
I did call my doctor's office today and spoke with his nurse. She has been the one there for me. She totally supported my decision to wait on another round. She agreed I have too much going on in my life right now and do not need the extra added stress. She was very encouraging, made sure I was still taking my milk thistle and asked me to please be kind to my liver. No duh!&&I have blood work in December and see the doc in January. That was a big load off. Whewww! Now I can breath a little. That was one of the sides that effected me from the start. Out of breath and dizziness. I have naturally low blood pressure, so I was getting light headed much of the time. toward the end of treatment I felt like I had one foot on a banana peel and the other in the grave. Not fun.
Now, to address hanging with the likes of you? Not a problem, Sister! No judgment here :) I am a child of the '60's. I practically grew up at the Fillmore West, Golden Gate Park, the Height and did my share of not getting caught. So there was definitely the propensity to go to jail there. That was back in the day when you went to state prison for a joint. Now you get a ticket for less than an ounce.
Thanks for your comment about hair. I am contemplating a shorter cut after my daughter's wedding in 4 weeks. I am not one, anymore, to fiddle with my hair. It is usually waist length but since I started loosing it, I have had to bring it up to the shoulders.&&I do use Framesi Color and it has 2-3% ammonnia as opposed to 30-45% like some of the others. I am lucky to get the roots done. I had enough of it when I was a stylist for 13 years, before the Law Enforcement days. I like to braid it and pull it up for work. Easy!
Gotta scoot. Time to take out the dog. Thanks again and talk to you soon.
:)Rhema
LoL... I didn't THINK I'd scare ya... Darn... Haa, haaa, haa!
As soon as I figure out what my hair is gonna do... I'll probably do something else to it... Kind of just playing the waiting game.... but I refuse to just let myself go like I did last time...... when you look good you feel good... amaazing how that works!!!
Gawd, I know you hated to cut all that long hair.... might want to get some silk pillow cases..... I hear that helps prevent breakage.... I had a SERIOUS Case of the BED HEAD last round... Ha!
LoL... I didn't THINK I'd scare ya... Darn... Haa, haaa, haa!
As soon as I figure out what my hair is gonna do... I'll probably do something else to it... Kind of just playing the waiting game.... but I refuse to just let myself go like I did last time...... when you look good you feel good... amaazing how that works!!!
Gawd, I know you hated to cut all that long hair.... might want to get some silk pillow cases..... I hear that helps prevent breakage.... I had a SERIOUS Case of the BED HEAD last round... Ha!
At last inspection, I am finding that every hair that fell out has been replaced by one that is about 3-4& in length, very wire
like texture and WHITE! Talk about a serious case of bed head!
At last inspection, I am finding that every hair that fell out has been replaced by one that is about 3-4& in length, very wire
like texture and WHITE! Talk about a serious case of bed head!
Laughin My Butt Off....
When I was little I was a Toe Head.... so blonde I was almost white headed..... over the years it turned darker (especially after I got that 2 inch military CAP CUT in boot camp...... So when I started TX I still had Bleached Blonde in my hair & started going Ala Natural...Everytime I'd whack my hair off, it cut more & more of that blonde out... So Then The SAME Thing happened to me... thus my better half labeled it as slate Colored.... I Think Califia was right... Slate must be the standard issue while on TX... But after I stopped Tx... it kind of developed a reddish hue..... So it's kindof reddish, brownish, grayish... right now....so there ain't no telling WHAT it is gonna do....
It's The &ISH& Look..... & those wirery ones like to stick straight out like a spring... Haa, Haa!
Just wait till your eyelashes start growing & they hit the insides of your sunglasses when you put em on... I Liked That Sx!Looking forward to that one coming back!
Laughin My Butt Off....
When I was little I was a Toe Head.... so blonde I was almost white headed..... over the years it turned darker (especially after I got that 2 inch military CAP CUT in boot camp...... So when I started TX I still had Bleached Blonde in my hair & started going Ala Natural...Everytime I'd whack my hair off, it cut more & more of that blonde out... So Then The SAME Thing happened to me... thus my better half labeled it as slate Colored.... I Think Califia was right... Slate must be the standard issue while on TX... But after I stopped Tx... it kind of developed a reddish hue..... So it's kindof reddish, brownish, grayish... right now....so there ain't no telling WHAT it is gonna do....
It's The &ISH& Look..... & those wirery ones like to stick straight out like a spring... Haa, Haa!
Just wait till your eyelashes start growing & they hit the insides of your sunglasses when you put em on... I Liked That Sx!Looking forward to that one coming back!
Oh my gosh!Eyelashes much?! That was the only advantage to tx. Llama lashes. I looked like Bambi's girlfriend! The eyebrows were horrible. Good thing I have bangs. They were scarey! Now my eyelashes aren't so thick. I am looking for a wonderful mascara.
At any rate, I am looking forward to building up my system for the next go around and see what it will bring. The doctor mentioned Pegasys/Riba combo. Hoping they come up with something new. Especially, something that is not as bad for the rest of the body.
HAVE A GREAT DAY.
Got to run, Again....uh, still.
Cheers,
Rhema
Oh my gosh!Eyelashes much?! That was the only advantage to tx. Llama lashes. I looked like Bambi's girlfriend! The eyebrows were horrible. Good thing I have bangs. They were scarey! Now my eyelashes aren't so thick. I am looking for a wonderful mascara.
At any rate, I am looking forward to building up my system for the next go around and see what it will bring. The doctor mentioned Pegasys/Riba combo. Hoping they come up with something new. Especially, something that is not as bad for the rest of the body.
HAVE A GREAT DAY.
Got to run, Again....uh, still.
Cheers,
Rhema
LoL... Llama Lashes... I LUV IT..... That a perfect description!
About the only GOOD SX.. Ha! Now my eybrows didn't get affected last time... but I did devolope like baby fine Peach Fuzz on my face & stuff!
Gezz... I still FEAR what a grand total of 120 weeks of this **** is gonna do to me in the LONG Run..... watch all my teeth fall out or something.... Kind Of Scary!
LoL... Llama Lashes... I LUV IT..... That a perfect description!
About the only GOOD SX.. Ha! Now my eybrows didn't get affected last time... but I did devolope like baby fine Peach Fuzz on my face & stuff!
Gezz... I still FEAR what a grand total of 120 weeks of this **** is gonna do to me in the LONG Run..... watch all my teeth fall out or something.... Kind Of Scary!
Your Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
undergoing treatment solo
51yr old single male retired navy, previous heavy drinker.&&Elected civilian doc to conduct physical/ liver bio due to elevated AST/ ALT's.Was diagnosed last month with chronic hep-c with mild inflammatory activity(grade 2) and focal portal fibrosis(stage 1).Moderate large vacuole fatty metamorphosis.Negative for cirrhosis and/or hiv. Was shocked as I've never shot dope or been tatooed. Depressed now that I've been diagnosed with this life threatening disease and the fact&&I can never experience the warm glow of beer & alcohol again without detrimental effects to my Liver. My GI Doc. is confident we can put this in remission and wants or suggested I consider going on Peginterferon Alfa-2a combined with Ribavirin.My GI Doc. see 34yrs.experience since grad.from Med. school, and the fact he mentioned the use of Procrit upon my last visit.Says he usually puts his patients on Procrit prior to tx.&&Right now my job is really cushy and concerned about down time from sides of this treatment regime.With all this said, and the fact I live alone.Will I be at risk of death by suicide or complications from this iffy drug tx that affects everone differently? Has anybody ever completed this type of therapy on thier own?&&Recently got vaccinated for hep-a & b and go to see the Shrink next week to rule out depression.&&Only morale support I can expect is by phone and all support groups are an hour drive away from where I live.&&Once again, has anybody ever completed therapy solo?
Answer this question
commented on 's
Coincidence is God's way of...
&commented on&
Communities
Weight Tracker
Track your weight over time
Rural Mural, CA
San Francisco, CA
Greeley, CO
Hepatitis C Community Resources
Rural Mural, CA