he was born in the USA in 1995 同义句 his mother的同义词 空格 空格 空格him in the USA in 1995

【小题1】C【小题2】A【小题3】D【小题4】D&
解析试题分析:文章主要介绍了Henry Edwards Huntington一生做出的贡献,他兴趣广泛,曾经在铁路交通,水利,能源领域做出重大的贡献;退休后还致力于艺术收藏。【小题1】主旨大意题。第一段和第二段主要介绍Huntington早年为美国铁路交通发展做出的重要贡献,所以选择C【小题2】细节题。根据第三段he announced his decision to retire in order to devote time to his book and art collections and the landscaping of the 600-acre farm可知他在退休后致力于发展个人兴趣,所以选A【小题3】主旨大意题。文章介绍的Huntington是个在铁路交通,水利,能源,艺术领域都取得卓越成就的生意人,由此看来他是非常成功的,所以选D【小题4】推断题。文章给出了Huntington的个人信息和基本成就,按照时间顺序排列,可以推断出这篇文章选自Huntington的个人简介传记。所以选D考点:考查人物传记类短文
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
One spring,when 1 was 1 0,during one of my father’s layoffs,I could tell my mother was unhappy.I decided to cheer her up by buying her a special Mother’s Day gift. One day after school I rode my bike to the Agins,which,I learned years later,was known for its high-end fashions and style.I introduced myself to Sylvia Agins,telling her I was looking for a Mother’s Day present. “Do you think she’d like a purse ?”she asked.“I think she might.”I told her. She took out an Italian purse made of leather.She asked me what I thought,and I told her that my mom would like it. “How much money do you have?’’she asked. “Twelve dollars,”I said. “You’re in luck,”she told me.“It’s only $11.You have a dollar left over for the card.” She wrapped the purse and thanked me for my business,and I rode off home with the package under my arm. When my mother opened the gift the next Sunday morning,she asked in an accusing tone,“Where did you get this?” “I bought it at the Agins.It cost me$1 1.’’I said. My mother was shocked into silence. It wasn’t until many years 1ater,when I learned that the purse was worth several hundred dollars,that I appreciated just how wonderful Sylvia Agins had been to me.I always felt regretful& that I never had a chance to properly thank her. ‘‘You know,my son,what really amazes me to this day,”my mother said.‘‘Letting you have the purse for just a few dollars was unbelievable enough.But the fact that she let you leave the store with a dollar for the card was a touch of kindness that 9 11 never forget.”【小题1】Why did the author buy his mother a purse?A.To thank his mother for buying him a bike.B.To show his ability of making money.C.To make his mother happy.D.To surprise his mother.【小题2】The author’s mother was shocked into silence because______A.the Agins charged so little money for the purseB.the author bought a card to go with the purseC.she wasn’t expecting a gift from her sonD.the purse was bought from the Agins【小题3】Sylvia Agins’behavior shows that_______A.she is critical and meanB.she is kind and thoughtfulC.she is good at making moneyD.she knows how to choose presents【小题4】Which can be the best title for the text?A.A Clever Shop OwnerB.A Considerate MotherC.An Unforgettable EventD.A Priceless Mother’s Day Gift
Farmer John and Farmer Bob were neighbors. For more than 30 years, they had been getting along very well.Then their good relationship broke. It began with a small thing, then bitter words, and then weeks of silence. One morning Farmer John woke up to find a stream between the two farms. “It must be Bob,” John thought.Then one day there was a knock on John’s door. He opened it to find a carpenter(木匠) standing at the doorway. “I’m looking for a few days’ work,” the carpenter said.“I do have a job for you,” John said. “Look across the stream at that farm. That’s my neighbor Bob. He dug a stream between the two farms. I want you to build a fence—an 8-foot fence. I don’t want to see his place or his face any more. I don’t have such a neighbor!”The carpenter said, “I think I know what to do, sir, and I’ll be able to do a job that pleases you.”Farmer John helped the carpenter get the materials ready and then he was off for the day.About sunset when the farmer returned, the carpenter had just finished his job. The farmer’s eyes opened wide. There was no fence there at all!It was a bridge! And the neighbor, Bob, was coming across, with his hand outstretched(伸出). “Hi, John! You’re quite a fellow to build this bridge!” Then they met in the middle, taking each other’s hands. “I’m terribly sorry for what I have said and done. We should be good to each other,” said Farmer Bob. Then they turned to see the carpenter, who was ready to go. “No, wait! Stay a few days. I have a lot of other jobs for you,” said Farmer John. “I’d love to stay,” the carpenter said, “but I have more bridges to build.”【小题1】Just before the carpenter came, John and Bob&&    & each other.A.didn’t speak to B.were friendly to C.often fought with D.never had bitter words with 【小题2】Farmer John asked the carpenter to build a fence because&&&&&&    .A.he wanted to protect his farm B.he didn’t want to do it himself
C.he wouldn’t like to see Bob D.he wanted to find him something to do 【小题3】What does the sentence “You’re quite a fellow to build this bridge!” mean?A.John was great to build this bridge. B.John was not good at building bridges. C.John was foolish to build such a bridge. D.John should build the bridge earlier. 【小题4】What do you think of the carpenter?A.Shy. B.Wise. C.Proud. D.Careless. 【小题5】What is the best title for the passage?A.What a Big Fence! B.Farmer and Bridge C.Three Kind Men D.A Fence or a Bridge?
A programmer and an engineer are sitting next to each other on a long flight from Los Angeles to New York.The programmer leans over to the engineer and asks if he would like to play a fun game.The engineer just wants to take a nap, so he politely declines and rolls over to the window to catch a few winks.The programmer persists and explains that the game is really easy and has a lot of fun.He explains, "I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me $5.Then you ask me a question, and if I don't know the answer, I'll pay you $5." Again, the engineer politely refuses and tries to get to sleep.The programmer, now somewhat anxious, says, "OK, if you don't know the answer you pay me $5, and if I don't know the answer, I'll pay you $50!" This catches the engineer's attention, and he sees no end to this torment(折磨) unless he plays, so he agrees to the game.The programmer asks the first question."What's the distance from the earth to the moon?'' The engineer doesn't say a word, but reaches into his wallet, pulls out a five dollar bill and hands it to the programmer.Now, it's the engineer's turn.He asks the programmer, "What goes up a hill with three legs, and comes down on four?" The programmer looks up at him with a puzzled look.He takes out his laptop computer and searches all of his references.After about an hour, he wakes the engineer and hands him $50.The engineer politely takes the $50 and turns away to try to get back to sleep.The programmer, more than a little angry, shakes the engineer and asks, "Well, so what's the answer?" Without a word, the engineer reaches into his wallet, hands the programmer $5, and turns away and goes back to sleep.【小题1】What's the best title for the passage?A.A Boring Conversation B.A Fun Game C.A Trick During The Flight D.A Question Without Answer 【小题2】What kind of person is the programmer according to what he said?A.Confident. B.Selfish. C.Greedy. D.Generous. 【小题3】What can we infer according to the last sentence?A.The engineer has little money with him. B.Actually the engineer doesn't know the answer, either. C.The engineer is bored with programmer. D.The engineer beats the programmer at last. 【小题4】Which is NOT true according to the passage?A.In the beginning the engineer is not interested in the game. B.The engineer is too sleepy to want to play the game. C.At last the engineer gains $45 from the programmer. D.Nobody knows the answer to the engineer's question.
In the United States, when one becomes rich, he wants people to know it. And even if he does not become very rich, he wants people to think that he is. That is what "keeping up with the Joneses" is about. It is the story of someone who tried to look as rich as his neighbors.  The expression was first used in 1913 by a young American called Arthur Momand. He told this story about himself. He began earning $ 125 a week at the age of 23. That was a lot of money in those days. He got married and moved with his wife to a very wealthy neighborhoodoutside New York City.. When he saw that rich people rode horses, Momand went horseback riding every day. When he saw that rich people had servants, Momand and his wife also hired a servant and gave big parties for their new neighbors.   It was like a race, but one could never finish this race because one was always trying to keep up. The race ended for Momand and his wife when they could no longer pay for their new way of life. They had to move back to an apartment in New York City. Momand looked around him and noticed that many people do things just to keep up with rich lifestyle of their neighbors. He saw the funny side of it and started to write a series of short stories. He called it "Keeping up with the Joneses” because "Jones" is a very common name in the United States. "Keeping up with the Joneses" came to mean keeping up with rich lifestyle of the people around you. Momand's series appeared in different newspapers across the country for over 28 years.  People never seem to get tired of keeping up with the Joneses. And there are "Joneses" in every city of the world. But one must get tired of trying to keep up with the Joneses because no matter what one does, Mr. Jones always seems to be ahead.【小题1】Some people want to keep up with the Joneses because they ______.A.want to be as rich as their neighborsB.want others to know or to think that they are richC.don't want others to know they are richD.want to be happy【小题2】 It can be inferred from the story that rich people like to ________.A.live outside New York City B.live in New York CityC.live in apartments D.live with many neighbors【小题3】What's the author's attitude to keeping up with the Joneses?A.Negative. B.Positive.C.Supportive. D.Objective.
When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: "If you live each day as if it were your last, someday you'll most certainly be right." It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself, "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choice in life.About a year ago I was diagnosed with cancer. The doctors told me this was almost certainly a type of cancer that was incurable, and that I would live no longer than three to six months. My doctor advised me to go home and get my affairs in order, which is my doctors' code for preparing yourself to die.I lived with that diagnosis all day. I was completely in despair. Later that evening, I had another examination and my wife told me that tumor turned to be curable with surgery. I had the surgery and I' m fine now.This was the closest I've been to facing death. To tell the truth, no one wants to die. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. It clears out the old to make room for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away.Your time is so limited that you shouldn't waste it repeating someone else's life. Don' t be trapped by dogma(教条)— which is living with the results of other people' s thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart. It somehow already knows what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.【小题1】The doctor advised the author to go home and get his affairs in order because ______.A.he had to rest at home B.his disease couldn't be cured
C.his disease was not serious at all D.he had to wait for the result of the test 【小题2】What does the author think of death?A.He thinks it is impossible to avoid. B.He thinks it is not the end of life. C.He thinks it is nothing to be scared of. D.He thinks it is the beginning of a new life. 【小题3】In the author's opinion, we should ______.A.follow others' advice B.take no notice of diseases
C.take exercise and keep healthy D.have the courage to follow our heart 【小题4】What does the underlined word “encountered” in paragraph 2 mean?A.came across B.dealt with C.survived D.supported
An Invisible SmileMr. Dawson was an old grouch, and everyone in town knew it. Kids knew not to go into his yard to pick a delicious apple. Old Dawson, they said, would come after you with his gun. One Friday, 12-year-old Janet was going to stay all night with her friend Amy. They had to walk by Dawson's house on the way to Amy's house, but as they got close, Janet saw him sitting on his front porch and suggested they cross over to the other side of the street. Like most of the children, Janet was scared of the old man. Amy said not to worry. Mr. Dawson wouldn't hurt anyone. Still, Janet was growing more nervous with each step closer to the old man's house. When they got close enough, Dawson looked up with his usual frown (皱眉), but when he saw it was Amy, a broad smile changed his entire face as he said, "Hello Miss Amy. I see you've got a little friend with you today."Amy smiled back and told him Janet was staying overnight and they were going to listen to music and play games. Mr. Dawson said that sounded fun, and offered them each a fresh picked apple off his tree. They gladly accepted. Mr. Dawson had the best apples in the whole town. When they left, Janet asked Amy, "Everyone says he's the meanest man in town. How come he was so nice to us?"Amy explained that when she first started walking past his house he wasn't very friendly and she was afraid of him, but she pretended he was wearing an invisible smile and so she always smiled back at him. It took a while, but one day he half-smiled back at her. After some more time, he started smiling real smiles and then started talking to her. Just a "hello" at first, then more. She said he always offers her an apple now, and is always very kind. "An invisible smile?" questioned Janet."Yes," answered Amy, "my grandma told me that if I pretended I wasn't afraid and pretended he was smiling an invisible smile at me and I smiled back at him, sooner or later he would really smile. Grandma says smiles are contagious."If we remember what Amy's grandma said, that everyone wears an invisible smile, we too will find that We're always on the go trying to accomplish so much, aren't we? It's so easy to get caught up in everyday life that we forget how simple it can be to bring cheer to ourselves and others. Giving a smile away takes so little effort and time, let's make sure that we're not the one that others have to pretend to be wearing an invisible smile. 【小题1】Kids were scared of Mr. Dawson because _____.A.he was wearing an invisible smileB.he would fire them with a gunC.he was mean with his applesD.he was always very cold【小题2】We can infer from the passage that_____.A.Janet was so lovely a girl that Mr. Dawson couldn't resist her smilesB.Janet and Amy were going to invite Mr. Dawson to listen to music and play gamesC.Mr. Dawson was friendly to Amy because she always wore an invisible smileD.it was Grandma's advice that helped bring Amy and Mr. Dawson closer【小题3】The underlined word "contagious" in Paragraph 9 means _____.A.infectiousB.supportiveC.movingD.meaningful【小题4】What is the main message that the writer intends to send us readers?A.Always wear an invisible smile.B.Smile whenever we can.C.Try our best to transform others.D.Pretend that we are happy even if we are not.
My favorite English teacher could draw humor out of the driest material. It wasn’t forced on us either. He took Samuel Johnson’s dictionary, Addison’s essays, and many other literary wonders from the eighteenth century and made them hilarious, even at eight o’clock in the morning. The thing that amazed me most was that the first time I read these works on my own, some of them seemed dead, but the second time, after his explanation, I couldn’t believe that I hadn’t seen the humor. The stories and poems and plays were suddenly filled with allusions(典故) and irony and hilarious moments. I learned more from him than from any other teacher.My least favorite English teacher also made people laugh. Some students found him to be wonderfully funny. Many others did not. He assigned journals over a six-week period, to be written every day. At the end of the six weeks I had a notebook full of bits and pieces about my ideas, short stories, reactions to what we had read, and so on. Our teacher announced that we would be grading each other’s journals. Mine was passed to Joe, that class clown, who always behaved in a funny or silly way. He saw it fit to make a joke of and said, “This writing isn’t fit to line the bottom of a birdcage.” Our teacher laughed at that funny remark. It hurt me so much that the anger from it has driven my writing and teaching ever since.So what makes the difference? Humor is one of the most powerful tools teachers or writers have. It can build up students and classes and make them excited about literature and writing, or it can tear them apart. It is true that humor is either productive or counter-productive and self-defeating. 【小题1】The passage mainly discusses ________.A.teachingB.literatureC.humorD.knowledge【小题2】The underlined word “hilarious” in Paragraph 1 probably means ________.A.funnyB.tiringC.inspiringD.brilliant【小题3】The English teacher the writer disliked most ________.A.was not able to make students laughB.hurt his student’s feelings C.didn’t let his students do the gradingD.had no sense of humor
A tall figure appeared from the dark door of the tent. It was a smoking young man about twenty three or four. He had an almost black face, though smooth. His moustache was black with curled points. There was an unusual force in his face, and in his daring rolling eyes. cef  Rebecca still stood hesitating like a swimmer about to make his dive, hardly knowing whether to return or move forward. "Hi, my beauty, what can I do for you?" said he, approaching. Realizing that she was quite at a loss, the man spoke in a gentle voice, "Never mind. I am Mr. Thackeray. Have you come to see me or my mother?"   This scene differed greatly from what Rebecca had expected. She had dreamed of an aged and dignified(威严的) face. She told herself to be calm and answered "I came to see your mother, sir."   "I am afraid you cannot see her-she is ill in bed," replied the represe for this was Mr. Alee Thackeray, the only son of the noble family. "What is the business you wish to see her about?"   "It isn't business-it is-I can hardly say what!"   "Pleasure?"   "Oh no. Why, sir, if I tell you, it will seem..."   Rebecca's sense of a certain ridicule(奚落,讥笑) was now so obvious and strong that, despite her general discomfort at being here, her rosy lips curved(弯曲) towards a smile, much to the attraction of the young man.   "It is so foolish", she murmured. "I fear I can't tell you!"   "N I like foolish things. Try again, my dear," said he kindly.   "Mother told me to come," R "and, indeed, I was in the mind to do so myself. But I did not expect it would turn out like this. I came…sir, I came to tell you that we are of the same family as you."   "Ho Ho! Poor relations?"   "Yes."   "Rossetti?"   "No. Thackeray."   "Ay, I mean Thackeray."   "Our names are worn away to D but we have several proofs that we are Thackeray. The local scholars hold the view that we are, and...and we have an old seal and a silver spoon marked with the same castle as yours. So mother said we ought to make ourselves known to you, as we've lost our horse by a bad accident. We can hardly make a living."
"It’s very kind of your mother, I'm sure." Alec looked at Rebecca as he spoke, in a way that made her uneasy. "And so, my pretty girl, you've come on a friendly visit to us, as relations?"   "I suppose I have," looking less confident and uncomfortable again. "Well, there's no harm in it. I mean it doesn’t hurt to come and make yourself known to me. Where do you live? What are you?" …【小题1】While meeting with Alec, Rebecca feels _______during the whole course.A.nervous and uneasy B.excited and hopefulC.amazed and comfortable D.pleased but embarrassed.【小题2】Which of the following is suitable to describe Rebecca’s impression of Alec?A.unfriendly and ta lkative B.forceful and daringC.gentle and reliableD.older than expected【小题3】What is Rebecca’s real purpose of making this visit? A.To see Alec himself. B.To see Alec's mother. C.To confirm that they are of the same family. D.To make known their relationship and seek help.【小题4】From the passage, we can conclude that Alec appears quite friendly to Rebecca largely because __________. A.Rebecca is his distant relation B.Rebecca looks polite to him C.Rebecca is a pretty girl D.Rebecca looks ridiculous
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!}

我要回帖

更多关于 同义词 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信